• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#41 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,295 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

Boy the Devils are being real cockblockers here.

Phoenix will be gone in a matter of time, but Jersey may actually win this series. I don't want that and the NHL shouldn't want it either.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#42 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

gaborik is bust

#43 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

I am amazed at how bad the officiating has been in this series. Torts was absolutely right when he said the Devils dive a lot and imo they got away with quite a bit tonight while the rangers got called for every little thing they did.

Needless to say, Torts has 2 very important things he needs to do before next game.

1) He needs to get his team to start ON TIME... every single game this series the only Rangers player that shows up in the first is the King in net, and if not for him this series would be almost over. The Rangers need to come out of the gate at home on Wednesday and provide support for King Henrik and push the Devils around.

2) He REALLY needs to fix their coverage in their zone. The forwards have been allowing the Devils pointmen WAY TOO MUCH TIME to shoot the puck towards the net and that has been basically the only way they are able to get anything past Lunquivst all series long. Torts needs to get his forwards to challenge the points a lot more than they have been.

If they do this, the Rangers will win game 5 and likely the series. I guarantee Lunquivst is nearly unbeatable, so if the Rangers make these adjustments they will win the series.

#44 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:02 AM

Look at all this Rangers love here lol

The John "Circus is in Town" Tortorella act continued tonight in Newark as a guy watching his team get beat to loose pucks and outskated and outplayed for most of a fourth straight game decided even though HE sent out Rupp and Eminger had to complain to DeBoer about it. What was tonight, Tortorella's fifth or sixth chickensh*t act out?

Thus far the Devils have been better and I grow very very tired of people pearl clutching about possible Final ratings for the NHL and how New Jersey would simply ruin everything. Who gives a frog's fat a** about ratings? When did Wings fans start worrying about what is good for Gary Bettman and the NHL offices? The NHL I'm sure will survive a Devils vs Kings final should it come to that.

So, the Rangers looked tired tonight for stretches. The Devils speed and willingness to engage physically I'd say is starting to take a toll. The Rangers won game 3 but were outplayed for long stretches and this was after an extra day's rest. Tortorella we know has lost faith (if he ever had any) in one of his best offensive players Gaborik. Tonight he benched Del Zotto for two periods, it looks like another player has gotten the no faith vote. Unless Torts has better backups for these two he needs to ride them as the Rangers are looking at possibly playing a third straight seven game series. If the Devils score first at MSG Wednesday I think you'll really start to see the Rangers tighten up on those sticks and possibly get a little nervous.

Let's just hope they got that penalty box door fixed in the World's Most Famous Arena

Detroit would like to welcome the Eastern Conference

13416406403_264f5aaa63_o.jpg

#45 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

This series is getting nasty, and it just looks like the Rangers are starting to get tired
IPB Image

#46 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

Who needs Sean Avery when you've got Mike Rupp?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#47 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,295 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

Look at all this Rangers love here lol

The John "Circus is in Town" Tortorella act continued tonight in Newark as a guy watching his team get beat to loose pucks and outskated and outplayed for most of a fourth straight game decided even though HE sent out Rupp and Eminger had to complain to DeBoer about it. What was tonight, Tortorella's fifth or sixth chickensh*t act out?

Thus far the Devils have been better and I grow very very tired of people pearl clutching about possible Final ratings for the NHL and how New Jersey would simply ruin everything. Who gives a frog's fat a** about ratings? When did Wings fans start worrying about what is good for Gary Bettman and the NHL offices? The NHL I'm sure will survive a Devils vs Kings final should it come to that.

So, the Rangers looked tired tonight for stretches. The Devils speed and willingness to engage physically I'd say is starting to take a toll. The Rangers won game 3 but were outplayed for long stretches and this was after an extra day's rest. Tortorella we know has lost faith (if he ever had any) in one of his best offensive players Gaborik. Tonight he benched Del Zotto for two periods, it looks like another player has gotten the no faith vote. Unless Torts has better backups for these two he needs to ride them as the Rangers are looking at possibly playing a third straight seven game series. If the Devils score first at MSG Wednesday I think you'll really start to see the Rangers tighten up on those sticks and possibly get a little nervous.

Let's just hope they got that penalty box door fixed in the World's Most Famous Arena

I don't think people like the Rangers, I think people would rather see a New York/LA final, like you mentioned with the ratings. I know you like Jersey, but it shouldn't be hard to understand why everyone wants the Rangers in the final.

And yes, Tortorella is annoying and always wants the spotlight on him and not his team. All the coaches in the league combined don't whine as much as him.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#48 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

Oops!

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 22 May 2012 - 01:30 PM.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#49 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

Big one tonight at MSG. The entire hockey loving city of NYC is in a little bit of a panic. They're finally having to confront the fact after 4 games the Devils might just ACTUALLY be quicker and more tenacious than they gave them credit for (The fans not the players).

#50 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

GO RANGERS!!!!

#51 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Haha! Wtf? 2-0!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#52 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,092 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

What the hell? Tuned in and Rangers down already by 2 :(

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#53 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

Like Mick would say, the Rags look a day late and a dollar short.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#54 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

The Rangers are TIRED, it happens. I will say if the Devils go up 3-0 they'll start closing bridges around NYC

#55 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,092 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

The Rangers are TIRED, it happens. I will say if the Devils go up 3-0 they'll start closing bridges around NYC

Might be but you cant really blame them they are coming two huge 7 series games.

WTF is that? Send out Scott now and set the tone for game 6.

#56 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

Might be but you cant really blame them they are coming two huge 7 series games.

WTF is that? Send out Scott now and set the tone for game 6.

He's in the press box. Rupp, Prust, and Bickel have been trying to fight all series. NJD haven't been effected by it- Rupp 'punched' Brodeur last game and there has been no response tonight.

#57 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

The Rupp- Boyle- Prust line is great to watch.

#58 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,092 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

The Rupp- Boyle- Prust line is great to watch.

Agreed would love seeing a line like that on the Wings next year.

#59 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,092 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

Rangers aref****** back in it take that Devils

#60 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

Parise and Callahan would be awesome together on the same line for Team USA. They just need a skilled two-way center to go with them and I'm not crazy about Kesler or Backes as the center of that line.