105 replies to this topic

#81 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

f*** the Devils.

Of all the Eastern teams to win it besides Pittsburgh I don't want Marty and co. winning another cup. Brodeur's first Cup still stings me to this day. Sorry folks.

#82 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

f*** the Devils.

Of all the Eastern teams to win it besides Pittsburgh I don't want Marty and co. winning another cup. Brodeur's first Cup still stings me to this day. Sorry folks.

I agree.

Fatso and his team spoiled a dream final for the league. Ref should have blown the whistle there and said "intent to blow".
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#83 Supface

Supface

Rookie

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

Since when did this Hey! You suck! chant catch on? I don't remember hearing it before these playoffs. So tacky and lame.

#84 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

What a let down, I really wanted the Rangers to win. I really hope that the Kings win the Cup and not the devils. I really don't like that team.

#85 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

Since when did this Hey! You suck! chant catch on? I don't remember hearing it before these playoffs. So tacky and lame.

From the great city of Trashville, TN.

#86 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

I've heard it in minor league hockey games since forever. If I had to venture a guess I'd say it started there and worked its way up to the big leagues.

#87 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

You mean the Stanley cup campions of SMASHVILLE?!?!
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#88 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

I don't really want the Devils to win a 4th cup either. Not that it really matters, but I want the Red Wings to have more championships between the two most successful franchises in hockey the past two decades.

I also don't think the Devils going deep is very helpful in the chances of landing Parise. Four rounds of playoff revenue is a nice bonus even for a team with as much financial trouble as the Devils.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#89 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

I don't really want the Devils to win a 4th cup either. Not that it really matters, but I want the Red Wings to have more championships between the two most successful franchises in hockey the past two decades.

I also don't think the Devils going deep is very helpful in the chances of landing Parise. Four rounds of playoff revenue is a nice bonus even for a team with as much financial trouble as the Devils.

Honestly, he's better off in Jersey, with the young offensive talent they have. I don't know why he'd come here to play on the same line as a Bertuzzi or Hudler.

#90 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:08 PM

A couple years now and YES it's tacky

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#91 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

The last several Cup winners ended a long drought to win the Cup.

Can LA be next in line? I know they've never won, but it does technically count as a drought, much like Chicago and Boston.

#92 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

The Devils aren't going to win the FInal, not in my opinion.

#93 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

NYR vs LAK would have been something. too big cities and all

but NJD vs LAK BORING.

Itd be fun to see a team win their first cup though.

#94 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

NYR vs LAK would have been something. too big cities and all

but NJD vs LAK BORING.

Itd be fun to see a team win their first cup though.

I think from a hockey standpoint, it will be a wide open and offensive series. Much more so than LA/NY would have been.

But yes, the two biggest cities in the country playing in the Finals would have been awesome. In any sport really. Just doesn't happen too often. I think it'll get less coverage and attention because of that.

Not to mention, the Rangers are an original 6 team, much like the last two Cup winners.

#95 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

What a great franchise the Devils have. Second only to ours in the last 20 years. Congrats to them, well deserved. Hope Marty gets another, and maybe a Conn Smythe to go along with it.

Edited by Tr!PoD#19, 25 May 2012 - 10:28 PM.

#96 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

Anyone pick the Devils to win the East before the season or the playoffs?

This entire season has been absolutely screwy. On every level.

Posted Image

#97 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:59 AM

What a ratings disaster this is for the NHL.

#98 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:44 AM

Again, who cares about ratings and who cares about a sexy NY vs LA final. I think the key point made above that this series sets us up with two string teams playing EXCELLENT hockey and affords us the best series possible now. Let's face facts, the Rangers end the playoffs at 10-10, they weren't exactly worldbeaters.

I think two teams who forecheck HARD, two teams that are FAST and one young gun netminder vs the legend makes for great storylines. The glamour and gitz of LA vs the tough as nails Tony Soprano Jersey attitude.

Edited by Jersey Wing, 26 May 2012 - 02:45 AM.

#99 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

f*** the Devils.

A-*******-men.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#100 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:48 AM

Again, who cares about ratings and who cares about a sexy NY vs LA final. I think the key point made above that this series sets us up with two string teams playing EXCELLENT hockey and affords us the best series possible now. Let's face facts, the Rangers end the playoffs at 10-10, they weren't exactly worldbeaters.

I think two teams who forecheck HARD, two teams that are FAST and one young gun netminder vs the legend makes for great storylines. The glamour and gitz of LA vs the tough as nails Tony Soprano Jersey attitude.

It's more than the ratings that people are griping about. Rags and Kings would've been a very interesting series, the way they stack up against each other. Not that this one won't be interesting, but - and I guess this is the big thing, really - haven't we seen enough of the godforsaken New Jersey Devils in the Stanley Cup Finals for one lifetime? And about Brodeur - I'd rather see Lundqvist and Quick battle for his crown. Now THAT would be a great storyline, IMO.

Edited by Dabura, 26 May 2012 - 10:52 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!