• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

2012 MasterCard® Memorial Cup.

Rate this topic

This marks the 94th anniversary of the Memorial Cup. This year's edition will have:

Shawinigan Cataractes, host team and member of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League

Saint John Sea Dogs, Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Champions and defending Memorial Cup Champions

London Knights, Ontario Hockey League Champions

Edmonton Oil Kings, Western Hockey League Champions.

The Round-Robin begins this Friday, with the Championship Final being played on Sunday, May 27th.

2012_MMC_Schedule5050.jpg

I have a question for the Canadian posters who follow this format.

How much criticism is there in Canada of having a host team automatically get into the Final Four? Sounds pretty idiotic to me.

I mean, how does that host team even take the rest of the season seriously?

Final 4-3 Oil Kings. They trade goals in the last 10 of the third. Brutal turnover by the Oil Kings leads to a goal. Minutes later, the Oil Kings get it right back with a nice passing play.

3-2 Oil Kings midway third. Should be 3-1 but they (refs) allowed a really sketchy goal.

I really believe they shouldn't have shown the discussion with the ref and video guy there. Guy was kind of an ass to the ref. And it was confusing too what the final decision was going to be.

Yeah didn't they say they were going with the on ice call, but then they said goal?

Something like that; it was one strange explanation.

If I heard correctly, this is the first Memorial Cup with each regular-season league champion also being that legue's playoff champion since 1979.

Game Two tonight, St. John v. London, 7PM EDT on Rogers Sportsnet, RDS, streaming online from the website and on the NHL Network.

Really impressed watching Tomas Jurco with the Sea Dogs tonight. No fly-bys, kid is throwing his weight around, using his size. Looks like the wings could have something good in this kid...

Game Three tonight, Shawinigan v. London, 7PM EDT on Rogers Sportsnet, RDS, streaming online from the website and on the NHL Network.

At 2AM on Sportsnet 590TheFan, whoever did the 20/20 referred to St. John's instead of St. John. And, TSN buried the game in the second half-hour of their report.

Seeing Mark Hunter behind the London bench last night, this occurred to me: if he was wearing a bathrobe and let that beard go for another decade, he would look like Brian Wilson.

brian-wilson.jpg?w=490