• ami likes this

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#22 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

in his interview to russian gazeta.ru he said his agent's words were misinterpreted and there was no decision either to stay or leave...

i think he wants to stay and all this goes in line with his negotiation strategy.

#23 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

I have to agree on Semin. It just seems to me that he plays with no sense of urgency or passion. He still has 408 points in 469 games played, which is at the upper part of the league in terms of production. I just wonder how good he would be if he played with an sense of urgency or passion. I bet he could top 100 points in a season if he cared every game. I think he could make a positive contribution in Detroit, but I wouldn't sign him to some crazy contract. I may go as high as $4 million per season, but nothing more than that.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#24 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

Maybe he will go back to Russia.
IPB Image

#25 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

So if not Parise, what does everyone think of Kenny going after Semin for the top 6? Personally, I would much rather see Nyquist get a chance over bringing someone with Semin's history of slacking into the mix.

Story here: http://bleacherrepor...be-a-free-agent

I completely agree; I'd much rather see the Wings give Nyquist the spot over a guy like Semin. Nyquist gives our team a good youth injection and we haven't seen his full ability to operate in an entire 82 game regular season and playoffs. I think he'd become very valuable to our team very quickly. We've all seen Semin and his ability to be Streaky. Give the sport to Gustav!!

#26 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

What is it with the Russian players? Gone are the days of Larionov and Fetisov. Of course they had struggles in the USSR where as these players have money thrown at them left and right in the new Russia.

#27 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

No to Semin.

Holland needs to go all in for Parise. He's the top priority.

He should be doing that already, along with trying to land Suter. If they could somehow land Semin to replace Hudler in the 3-4 mill range Id take it. Imagine the Wings landing Parise, Suter & Semin! A summer to remember kids.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#28 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

40 goal scoring right handed winger with a shoot first mentality? Yes please. Whoever thinks this guy isn't an upgrade over Hudler is on crack.

Still rather have Parise, but if that doesn't happen, Semin is a nice consolation prize IMO. Wouldn't give him anymore than 3 years max, however.

#29 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

Jagr
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#30 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

No to Semin.

Holland needs to go all in for Parise. He's the top priority.

Someone yesterday brought up that Detroit ought to keep there eye on Tomas Tatar.The response was that Detroit didn't need another 5'10" 180lb forward,well isn't that what Zack Parise is?

Someone yesterday brought up that Detroit ought to keep there eye on Tomas Tatar.The response was that Detroit didn't need another 5'10" 180lb forward,well isn't that what Zack Parise is?

Semin 6'2" 209ibs
- LT

#31 stevie for president

stevie for president

Red Blings

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

I'd taker Suter+Semin over Parise, personally. Semin might be able to get signed for 3-4 mil if his agent is doesn't price him out of the NHL (which might be the case based on some articles I've read).

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Franzen
Filppula-Zetterberg-Semin

If Franzen and Semin bring their A game, that is a very scary top 6. You also have the luxury of Cleary who hopefully will be better after his surgery and Bertuzzi in your 7-12 spots in case some of those guys feel like taking some night off or if Nyquist isn't NHL-ready.

Then you could have:

Lidstrom-Ericsson
Kronwall-Suter
White-Quincey

That is one scary top 6 with Kindl and Smith ready to move in for guys who aren't producing or who need a rest. I made those pairs because I thought Lidstrom-Ericsson were very solid at the end of the season and Suter would fit nicely in Stuart's spot.

I actually think the Wings in 2012-2013 would be better if they got Semin+Parise because you don't need Suter if Lidstrom doesn't retire, but you don't see guys like Suter become UFAs too often anymore so that signing is really more of a long term move that also makes your D amazing in the short-term. You're best off long-term with Suter+Semin this year, UFA forward next year.

#32 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

I'd taker Suter+Semin over Parise, personally. Semin might be able to get signed for 3-4 mil if his agent is doesn't price him out of the NHL (which might be the case based on some articles I've read).

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Franzen
Filppula-Zetterberg-Semin

If Franzen and Semin bring their A game, that is a very scary top 6. You also have the luxury of Cleary who hopefully will be better after his surgery and Bertuzzi in your 7-12 spots in case some of those guys feel like taking some night off or if Nyquist isn't NHL-ready.

Then you could have:

Lidstrom-Ericsson
Kronwall-Suter
White-Quincey

That is one scary top 6 with Kindl and Smith ready to move in for guys who aren't producing or who need a rest. I made those pairs because I thought Lidstrom-Ericsson were very solid at the end of the season and Suter would fit nicely in Stuart's spot.

I actually think the Wings in 2012-2013 would be better if they got Semin+Parise because you don't need Suter if Lidstrom doesn't retire, but you don't see guys like Suter become UFAs too often anymore so that signing is really more of a long term move that also makes your D amazing in the short-term. You're best off long-term with Suter+Semin this year, UFA forward next year.

I think as much as you may want Suter,he'll resign with Nashville.As for Quincey I think he's a waste.Smith has gotta start and Kindl gotta stay(#1 draft pick)or you got to get something for him.Can you think what someone like Columbus would give for a player under contract and seasoned like Kindl.All of you keep talking about is getting Semin,Parise and Suter.Were are you going to put them or were are you going with the players that are already here.
- LT

#33 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvxfXgFtiLU

not only can he get some points, he can be our enforcer too!

LOL throws em like a girl. I guess that's better than Francine just standing there and getting his face slapped.

#34 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

40 goal scoring right handed winger with a shoot first mentality? Yes please. Whoever thinks this guy isn't an upgrade over Hudler is on crack.

Still rather have Parise, but if that doesn't happen, Semin is a nice consolation prize IMO. Wouldn't give him anymore than 3 years max, however.

Scoring 40 goals in one season does not make him a 40 goal scoring forward. Cheechoo had a 50 goal season once, should we lock him up with a contract? Past couple seasons he averaged 24 goals per season and he's had a severe decline in production and overall attitude. He isn't not scoring because he's shooting a ton and getting unlucky, he's not scoring because he doesn't give a damn. His one 84 point season was a fluke and i'm confident in predicting that he doesn't come close to a season like that from here on out.

I'm seriously not trying to be a jerk or anything like that, but this guy has bad news written all over him. Overall package, i'll take Hudler underwhelming us over Semin floating around and bringing a s*** attitude to the locker room. We don't need it.

Again, no disrespect intended at all to Tr!PoD, I value everyone's opinion. I just disagree with this one.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#35 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

Wings had 248 GF this season, 2nd best in the West. I fail to see an urgency to shop for a pure scorer as of now.

to me there are two priorities for Wings heading into the summer: 1. replacing older players with young who can put
similar production (or better if possible) 2. bringing someone to the organization who will fire up the core players and
make this team actually WANT to win. this actually is bigger than first point. this team could use more overall talent
and with so much cap space it actually is expected to fish a big name forward. but first and foremost it needs real hunger.
even Franzen still has it (see: IIHF WC 2012) but someone has to press the right buttons...

#36 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

A potential salary in the 4-5 million for a lazy, arrogant, moody floater...no dice. Signing Semin would make the die-hardedness of my Wings fannery not so much. I have great faith that Kenny would not sign Semin as Babcock would probably punch him in the face and tell him that's the lastf****** straw.

As I said before, this offseason is Parise or bust. And if Nyquist gets top 6 mins all next year, he gets 55-65 pts and wins the Calder.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#37 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

[quote name='akustyk' timestamp='1337165811' post='2301610']
Wings had 248 GF this season, 2nd best in the West. I fail to see an urgency to shop for a pure scorer as of now.

to me there are two priorities for Wings heading into the summer: 1. replacing older players with young who can put
similar production (or better if possible) 2. bringing someone to the organization who will fire up the core players and
make this team actually WANT to win. this actually is bigger than first point. this team could use more overall talent
and with so much cap space it actually is expected to fish a big name forward. but first and foremost it needs real hunger.
even Franzen still has it (see: IIHF WC 2012) but someone has to press the right buttons...
[/quot
I would like to know who is your "older players " you would or could replace.Because my older players that I replace are under contract.Aka-Burt,Cleary and couple d-men.They have to get faster up front and in there D-men.
- LT

#38 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

Scoring 40 goals in one season does not make him a 40 goal scoring forward. Cheechoo had a 50 goal season once, should we lock him up with a contract? Past couple seasons he averaged 24 goals per season and he's had a severe decline in production and overall attitude. He isn't not scoring because he's shooting a ton and getting unlucky, he's not scoring because he doesn't give a damn. His one 84 point season was a fluke and i'm confident in predicting that he doesn't come close to a season like that from here on out.

I'm seriously not trying to be a jerk or anything like that, but this guy has bad news written all over him. Overall package, i'll take Hudler underwhelming us over Semin floating around and bringing a s*** attitude to the locker room. We don't need it.

Again, no disrespect intended at all to Tr!PoD, I value everyone's opinion. I just disagree with this one.

I should have said potential 40 goal scorer. Know how I know you don't watch this guy? You claim his 84 point season was a fluke. The guy has all the talent in the world, it's just a matter of being able to put it all together. I think our organization and leadership within the locker room can help him with that.

Cheechoo's career got derailed by injuries, btw, dunno what you're getting at with that comment. Semin can still play.

#39 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

I should have said potential 40 goal scorer. Know how I know you don't watch this guy? You claim his 84 point season was a fluke. The guy has all the talent in the world, it's just a matter of being able to put it all together. I think our organization and leadership within the locker room can help him with that.

Cheechoo's career got derailed by injuries, btw, dunno what you're getting at with that comment. Semin can still play.

Does Semin crash the net, especially during the playoffs?

#40 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

+1 for the post overall,but still...

Our PP was 22nd in the league with miserable 16.1%,so a sniper should be priority as well.
I'm not sold on Semin,but would mind signing Parenteau for reasonable price