13 replies to this topic

#1 winger30

winger30

Rookie

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

My link
Balanced is probably what I am, although that's just a polite way to say that you don't do anything very well.
Steve Yzerman

VK/SM believe!

#2 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

He really was one of my favorite players, even through his holdout season. I really wish that he would have stayed. I can just see #91 in the rafters. As far as his new gig as a GM, I wish him luck but really don't foresee much success unless they have an unlimited budget. It's almost like taking a 20 year factory worker and making him CEO of Ford.

#3 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

Good for Sergei, i think he will actually do somewhat well as a gm. He always had such an eye for how the game was played he could Im sure he'll assemble a good crew. Best of luck Feds :thumbup:
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#4 winger30

winger30

Rookie

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

he too was my fav player I wish him luck I was a bit disappointed when he left.
Balanced is probably what I am, although that's just a polite way to say that you don't do anything very well.
Steve Yzerman

VK/SM believe!

#5 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,460 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

Feds was the first player I ever called "beautiful," when he was dancing the puck down the ice. If a hockey player could be called beautiful, it was #91. No one else could skate like him. It's too bad, he was probably the greatest under-achiever to play in the NHL. It took the likes of Scotty Bowman to pull the best from the best, with him.

Should have stayed a Red Wing, though. He would have retired an idol, still... and end up working for the Wings, like most of his retired peers. :D

Best of everything, Sergei. :)

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#6 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

Should have never left Detroit

#7 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

He should of retired a Wing...
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#8 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

One of the best players to wear a Wings jersey. I think Wings fans appreciate how great he was now moreso than when he was a Red Wing.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#9 stevie for president

stevie for president

Red Blings

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

I still can't believe we booed this guy when he played for Columbus and Anaheim. He might be the most talented Red Wing of all time.
  • Nev likes this

#10 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 679 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

I still can't believe we booed this guy when he played for Columbus and Anaheim. He might be the most talented Red Wing of all time.

What is this "we" you speak of? Fedorov's always been aces in my book, despite his less than auspicious departure. That man brought 13 years of magic to Detroit.
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#11 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

. It's too bad, he was probably the greatest under-achiever to play in the NHL. It took the likes of Scotty Bowman to pull the best from the best, with him.

Maybe in the regular season. But in the playoffs, when it really mattered - well, the numbers speak for themselves.

Its just such a shame that the manner of his departure has been allowed to tarnish everything he did as a Wing.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#12 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

One of my all time fav Wings players, he was special to watch
IPB Image

#13 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

One of my favorite Wings players. He helped bring 3 Cups to Detroit and was the last Red Wing to win the Hart Trophy. I wish him the best!
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#14 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:28 AM

Fedorov....first of all "WE" never booed you. Second, you are and always will be my favorite and in my opinion the BEST Detroit Red Wing in my viewing era...Third, Thank You and Thank You for making my era of NHL hockey and Detroit Red Wings hockey the absolute best era to EVER watch and be part of! We will see you in the Hall(s) (Michigan and NHL) and for me at least (but too bad unlikely) I want to see #91 up there next to #19... You should sign a one day contract with the Wings on July 1st, so you can officially retire where you belong, a part of the team you will always be remembered for... I have missed you since Detroit pulled their offer to you and forced you to leave and have wished for a comeback ever since...Good luck with the Red Army! Godspeed Sergei!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?