• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
winger30

Fedorov To Retire

Rate this topic

He really was one of my favorite players, even through his holdout season. I really wish that he would have stayed. I can just see #91 in the rafters. As far as his new gig as a GM, I wish him luck but really don't foresee much success unless they have an unlimited budget. It's almost like taking a 20 year factory worker and making him CEO of Ford.

Feds was the first player I ever called "beautiful," when he was dancing the puck down the ice. If a hockey player could be called beautiful, it was #91. No one else could skate like him. It's too bad, he was probably the greatest under-achiever to play in the NHL. It took the likes of Scotty Bowman to pull the best from the best, with him.

Should have stayed a Red Wing, though. He would have retired an idol, still... and end up working for the Wings, like most of his retired peers. :D

Best of everything, Sergei. :)

Guest Hatethedrake!

One of the best players to wear a Wings jersey. I think Wings fans appreciate how great he was now moreso than when he was a Red Wing.

I still can't believe we booed this guy when he played for Columbus and Anaheim. He might be the most talented Red Wing of all time.

What is this "we" you speak of? Fedorov's always been aces in my book, despite his less than auspicious departure. That man brought 13 years of magic to Detroit.

. It's too bad, he was probably the greatest under-achiever to play in the NHL. It took the likes of Scotty Bowman to pull the best from the best, with him.

Maybe in the regular season. But in the playoffs, when it really mattered - well, the numbers speak for themselves.

Its just such a shame that the manner of his departure has been allowed to tarnish everything he did as a Wing.

Fedorov....first of all "WE" never booed you. Second, you are and always will be my favorite and in my opinion the BEST Detroit Red Wing in my viewing era...Third, Thank You and Thank You for making my era of NHL hockey and Detroit Red Wings hockey the absolute best era to EVER watch and be part of! We will see you in the Hall(s) (Michigan and NHL) and for me at least (but too bad unlikely) I want to see #91 up there next to #19... You should sign a one day contract with the Wings on July 1st, so you can officially retire where you belong, a part of the team you will always be remembered for... I have missed you since Detroit pulled their offer to you and forced you to leave and have wished for a comeback ever since...Good luck with the Red Army! Godspeed Sergei!