• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

The 10 Best Sports Illustrated Stanley Cup Playoff Covers

Rate this topic

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/10-best-sports-illustrated-stanley-cup-playoff-covers-140506639.html#more-33414

The National Hockey League has appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated — either the main mag or on a commemorative issue — 114 times, according to the SI Vault archive. Sometimes, it was a quick mention on a cover story dedicated to Tiger Woods another sports story. Other times, hockey was given the spotlight.

The Stanley Cup Playoffs have been featured around 35 times, including Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers on a striking cover from April 2012. While some weren't exactly iconic, they all had their charms.

Here are the 10 best Sports Illustrated Stanley Cup Playoff covers.

#3 makes me sick. Like, I-can-feel-my-lunch-coming-up-even-though-I-haven't-had-lunch-yet, sick. :puke: I'd avoid looking at it, if I were you.

However, #1 makes it all worth it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/10-best-sports-illustrated-stanley-cup-playoff-covers-140506639.html#more-33414

#3 makes me sick. Like, I-can-feel-my-lunch-coming-up-even-though-I-haven't-had-lunch-yet, sick. :puke: I'd avoid looking at it, if I were you.

However, #1 makes it all worth it.

NOW NOW Jedi....Be careful you may turn this into a thread about the person we do not want named.

But yeah very cool covers.

Guest irishock

Whats number 3?

s***sburgh? Anahiem F*cks? Avs?

*too scared to see*

you made me curious and I had to look

I wish I hadn't :puke:

wait, make that a double :puke:

my fiance had to look and he got sick too

I can't believe that Howie Young got a cover of SI. Must have been a real slow week in sports. Going to have to find one of those for Fathers Day. I was too young to remember his "glory days" here, but my father used to talk about how he was truly insane, on and off of the ice. He apparently made Probert look like an angel, which of course Bob was. He got traded and somewhere along the way got sober. Came back around 67ish(?) and was a really good 2nd pairing D-man for a couple of years. He was a real big hitter, and had decent offensive abilities. He was here for probably 2-3 years, then I think he went to The WHA for 3-4 more years. Don't know what happened to him after hockey. He died around 10 or so years ago. I remember a small article in The News or Free Press when he died. I wonder if SI still has that issue available? If not, I guess I'll have to do a little searching. I'm sure the old man would get a kick out of it, and Fathers Day is just around the corner.

Looks like there are more

0316_large.jpg

0425_large.jpg

0607_large.jpg

I can't believe that Howie Young got a cover of SI. Must have been a real slow week in sports. Going to have to find one of those for Fathers Day. I was too young to remember his "glory days" here, but my father used to talk about how he was truly insane, on and off of the ice. He apparently made Probert look like an angel, which of course Bob was. He got traded and somewhere along the way got sober. Came back around 67ish(?) and was a really good 2nd pairing D-man for a couple of years. He was a real big hitter, and had decent offensive abilities. He was here for probably 2-3 years, then I think he went to The WHA for 3-4 more years. Don't know what happened to him after hockey. He died around 10 or so years ago. I remember a small article in The News or Free Press when he died. I wonder if SI still has that issue available? If not, I guess I'll have to do a little searching. I'm sure the old man would get a kick out of it, and Fathers Day is just around the corner.

Go to this link, above the cover, there is a link to 'view this issue'. It's all there available online. Not sure if you can order a reprint. You can get reprints of some covers, just not sure about the whole magazine. Reasonably priced too, unless you get a frame. I don't think that cover is available though.

http://sportsillustr.../7804/index.htm

Edited by rrasco

Looks like there are more

0316_large.jpg

0425_large.jpg

0607_large.jpg

Go to this link, above the cover, there is a link to 'view this issue'. It's all there available online. Not sure if you can order a reprint. You can get reprints of some covers, just not sure about the whole magazine. Reasonably priced too, unless you get a frame. I don't think that cover is available though.

http://sportsillustr.../7804/index.htm

that "Motown Cool" one was the reason we didn't win the cup in '09. Still get pissed when I see that.