• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#21 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

My birthday is July 2nd, Holland told me he was getting Parise as a present and he's going to let me touch the cup next summer.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#22 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

My birthday is July 2nd, Holland told me he was getting Parise as a present and he's going to let me touch the cup next summer.

A great Birthday present it would be indeed....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#23 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

hudler's replacement

I was hoping Holland was going to pick Semin as Hudlers replacement and Brunner as Holmstroms replacement, as well as landing Parise and Suter of course. :rolleyes:
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#24 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

So what happens when Holland's pick-ups are Brunner & Justin Schultz instead of Parise & Suter? Human sacrifice, dogs & cats living together...mass hysteria?

#25 miksteri

miksteri

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

Swiss hockey has been improving a lot in recent years.

#26 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

He seems to have really strong hands, a bit like Hossa when it comes to shooting. The kid grips his stick pretty high up, but still gets a lot of mustard on the shot.

#27 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

This just in....Holland not interested in Parise. I'm joking, but seriously? It looks like Holland STILL refuses to change the makeup of this team, a makeup that has been waning and waning year after year. Sorry, just my opinion...

Lol wut? Making an offer to this kid has absolutely nothing to do with Parise. Even if you (incorrectly) assumed there was only one spot on the roster your rage still doesn't make sense. The only way your response can be interpreted as anything but a spastic, thoughtless reaction is if you believed the Wings were at 49 out of 50 on the contract limit AND trades were illegal.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#28 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

This just in....Holland not interested in Parise. I'm joking, but seriously? It looks like Holland STILL refuses to change the makeup of this team, a makeup that has been waning and waning year after year. Sorry, just my opinion...

I think you are going to have a meltdown when Holland doesn't land Parise. I don't think our chances of getting him is any better than many other teams out there that will throw huge offers at him. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to stay in NJ with how good they are this year.

#29 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

I think you are going to have a meltdown when Holland doesn't land Parise. I don't think our chances of getting him is any better than many other teams out there that will throw huge offers at him. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to stay in NJ with how good they are this year.

Which is why the Rags need to shut them down.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#30 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

I was hoping Holland was going to pick Semin as Hudlers replacement and Brunner as Holmstroms replacement, as well as landing Parise and Suter of course. :rolleyes:

Anyone who wants Semin at anything more than 4mil is nuts. He would instantly make this year's Franzen look like a super gritty workaholic. There's a reason why Washington was happy to see him go. Why would we want his drama when he only produced 4 more pts than Hudler with way more ice time and more than twice the cap hit? In a cap world he's not worth the risk. If he was willing to take a real salary cut things might be different but the KHL will throw tons of cash at him. He's got significantly more skill than Radulov so one would assume he'd dominate a league that was ruled by Rad.

. The financial situation in NJ is the worst in the league. Their cash flow would have to drastically improve by July 1st. Even a Cup win would like not be enough to get them out of the red.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#31 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

Anyone who wants Semin at anything more than 4mil is nuts. He would instantly make this year's Franzen look like a super gritty workaholic. There's a reason why Washington was happy to see him go. Why would we want his drama when he only produced 4 more pts than Hudler with way more ice time and more than twice the cap hit? In a cap world he's not worth the risk. If he was willing to take a real salary cut things might be different but the KHL will throw tons of cash at him. He's got significantly more skill than Radulov so one would assume he'd dominate a league that was ruled by Rad.

. The financial situation in NJ is the worst in the league. Their cash flow would have to drastically improve by July 1st. Even a Cup win would like not be enough to get them out of the red.

I know semin gets ripped on a lot. And I don't want him on this team. But he should get credit for penalty killing. I didn't know this until my friend (who is a diehard caps fan) told me that semin has been used regularly on the pk.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#32 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

Nah...my first priority is Suter, but it will sting a bit if some other team signs Parise for less than $8M, because if that is the case, then we know that Holland tried to low ball him...same goes for Suter. That will mean one of two things, Holland low balls them or Detroit is no longer a prime destination for UFA's and that my friend (no matter how many Cups he has been part of) will be the barometer that measures Ken Holland. If UFA's no longer wish to play here, then Holland will need to go...

www.thinkdunes.com

#33 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

To me, Semin is another streaky goal scorer. I don't personally want the wings to go after him unless they got a sweetheart deal which is unlikely. But the ridiculous amount of people who are buying into the hype of Semin being lazy with a bad attitude is crazy. Watch some Caps games - his reputation is not completely justified (i.e. it's over blown)
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#34 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Lol wut? Making an offer to this kid has absolutely nothing to do with Parise. Even if you (incorrectly) assumed there was only one spot on the roster your rage still doesn't make sense. The only way your response can be interpreted as anything but a spastic, thoughtless reaction is if you believed the Wings were at 49 out of 50 on the contract limit AND trades were illegal.

I hope its the start of something big, because signing this guy and Homer takes up two roster spots that can be better filled...that's all I meant. Oh and the fact that Holland continues to try to make his team small, soft and Euro...he refuses to change, it seems this is all he knows how to do and that is the sign of an out of date GM. Small and soft isn't bad as long as you have a nice balance of big and hard to play against as well...

Speaking of a trade, it's reported that Columbus is looking at the Rangers forward Chris Kreider and D Michael Del Zotto in a possible deal for Rick Nash. I don't know too much about those two, so my questions is, on the current Red Wings roster, which players would be our equivalent of those two to try and land Nash? Who is our Kreider and Del Zotto?

www.thinkdunes.com

#35 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

Nah...my first priority is Suter, but it will sting a bit if some other team signs Parise for less than $8M, because if that is the case, then we know that Holland tried to low ball him...same goes for Suter. That will mean one of two things, Holland low balls them or Detroit is no longer a prime destination for UFA's and that my friend (no matter how many Cups he has been part of) will be the barometer that measures Ken Holland. If UFA's no longer wish to play here, then Holland will need to go...

I read somewhere that replacing Holland will instantly make Lidstrom, Datsyuk and Zetterberg 5 years younger!
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#36 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

I hope its the start of something big, because signing this guy and Homer takes up two roster spots that can be better filled...that's all I meant. Oh and the fact that Holland continues to try to make his team small, soft and Euro...he refuses to change, it seems this is all he knows how to do and that is the sign of an out of date GM. Small and soft isn't bad as long as you have a nice balance of big and hard to play against as well...

Speaking of a trade, it's reported that Columbus is looking at the Rangers forward Chris Kreider and D Michael Del Zotto in a possible deal for Rick Nash. I don't know too much about those two, so my questions is, on the current Red Wings roster, which players would be our equivalent of those two to try and land Nash? Who is our Kreider and Del Zotto?

Nash is grossly overpaid for his level of production. No thanks- someone will overvalue him. The Wings can't afford to trade prospect at this stage of the team's lifecycle
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#37 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

Correct the title, "Grand Rapids Griffins make offer to Damien Brunner."

#38 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

Even if it is a $8M cap hit with a Kovalchuck type contract? Parise will get offers Holland won't be stupid enough to match. He's going to get serious overpayment.

Edited by Heaten, 17 May 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#39 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

Even if it is a $8M cap hit with a Kovalchuck type contract? Parise will get offers Holland won't be stupid enough to match. He's going to get serious overpayment.

Ya, we'll have to hope Parise has a Hossa moment an signs here while passing up the ridiculous contract offers...I don't see anything wrong with a 10 year $7.5M per season offer...but ya, he will definitely get those $10M per season offers and I do hope that Holland doesn't go for that... I hope Holland lands Suter for sure though...

www.thinkdunes.com

#40 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

He seems to like cutting back into the middle a lot. I wonder if he would get his head taken off doing that in the NHL.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House