• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#41 Berry

Berry

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

As swiss, I'd love to see Brunner wearing the winged wheel!

In our league he is one of the best. He is young, he can skate and he has good hands.

Come on Kenny!!

#42 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

although I would love to see ANYTHING replace Hudler, but isn't that what Parise is supposed to be?

No.

Then again, I can't speak for The Powers That Be.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#43 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

Hopefully this isnt a case of brunnstrom or modano. I see him going somewhere lesd crowded to better his career and boost his stock.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#44 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

He seems to like cutting back into the middle a lot. I wonder if he would get his head taken off doing that in the NHL.

Like the majority of right handed player on the left wing ;)

#45 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

Someone mentioned Hudler?They like him in Ottawa it seems.

the Ottawa Sunís Bruce Garrioch believes that Jiri Hudler would fit in pretty well as an Ottawa Senator:

Jiri Hudler, C, Detroit Red Wings

You have to think Hudler might decide to stay where heís comfortable and had plenty of success in his career.

Itís difficult for any player to leave Motown, but Hudler is coming off a 25-25-50-point season in 82 games and may want to cash in on his success. He is familiar with MacLean, a former Red Wings assistant coach, and could work well in a second-line role.

After making $2.7 million this season, Hudler is going to be in for a healthy raise. There may not be room for him in Detroit because the Wings are expected to make a pitch for Parise along with defenceman Ryan Suter.

Hudler could be a nice fit for the Senators, but heíll attract plenty of interest even with the CBA set to expire.

#46 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

I'd like to keep Hudler if possible. He DOES score, even if he's not a difference maker. And since our problem is lack of scoring depth, I'd rather keep him and just plug him back on the 3rd line where he's had most of his success.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#47 Azelov

Azelov

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:02 AM

As swiss, I'd love to see Brunner wearing the winged wheel!

In our league he is one of the best. He is young, he can skate and he has good hands.

Come on Kenny!!

#48 Azelov

Azelov

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:18 AM

I'm swiss too. Swiss press only speaks about the Islanders ducks and habs. I'll be very happy if one day a swiss player reachs the wings rooster and, i think Brunner has the potential to do it. He's fast, has great skill and a good vision of the game. He needs to work on the defensive side cause he still make some mistakes.
Julien Sprunger is an another good swiss player. A sniper type but with injuries issues.

#49 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

:thumbup:

Already better than the Mule :hehe:

:thumbup:

#50 Superdave1

Superdave1

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

5'11" 186# standard Red Wing size.

#51 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

Is defense and solid goal-tending a penalty in the Swiss league? In all honesty if he does sign its one of those low risk high reward things. Its just hard to get excited for these players signing. Highlight tapes with bad defense and goal-tending can make me look like an NHL player. Until he proves he can play well in the North American game he just a lowly prospect who should be nowhere near the main squad.

#52 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

Godspeed Jiri! It was fun (not) but I do wish you the best!

Seriously, if Holland has any words for Hudler on his tongue, it better be "good luck with your career!" If Holland re-signs Holmstrom & Hudler, may as well forget getting better up front, because unless Holland trades some folks off this roster (I hope not) there will no room for a UFA.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#53 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

Anyone who wants Semin at anything more than 4mil is nuts. He would instantly make this year's Franzen look like a super gritty workaholic. There's a reason why Washington was happy to see him go. Why would we want his drama when he only produced 4 more pts than Hudler with way more ice time and more than twice the cap hit? In a cap world he's not worth the risk. If he was willing to take a real salary cut things might be different but the KHL will throw tons of cash at him. He's got significantly more skill than Radulov so one would assume he'd dominate a league that was ruled by Rad.

:hysterical: LMAO no one can make Franzen look like that...However my point is I would rather have Semin @ 4 then Hudler @ 4.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#54 Probie

Probie

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

Which is why the Rags need to shut them down.

exactly I'm pulling hard for the rags for this reason.

#55 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

Hopefully this isnt a case of brunnstrom or modano. I see him going somewhere lesd crowded to better his career and boost his stock.

I still feel Brunnstrom did not get the shot he should have this past year. I think he could have been a great part of the Wings after Eaves went down.

#56 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:29 AM

:hysterical: LMAO no one can make Franzen look like that...However my point is I would rather have Semin @ 4 then Hudler @ 4.

A) yes, Semin would do that to Franzen.

B) Semin is not going to take a 2million dollar pay cut.

Brunstrom was brought in to compete for a job at training camp and spent his season in GR as a depth forward. He cost zero assets to acquire and thus was a perfectly sensible signing.

If the Wings sign Brunner it's the exact same situation. Zero downside. If he thrives he makes the team better, if he fails to thrive he gets buried in the minors and didn't cost a pick or prospect to obtain anyway so whatever.

Edited by Drake_Marcus, 19 May 2012 - 02:29 AM.

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#57 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:48 AM

My birthday is July 2nd, Holland told me he was getting Parise as a present and he's going to let me touch the cup next summer.

Good! You can have him,because Detroit don't need another under 6' forward.If the forwards they have would have preformed up to there standards they would still be playing.They were second in the league or third in goals in season.
- LT

#58 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

Good! You can have him,because Detroit don't need another under 6' forward.If the forwards they have would have preformed up to there standards they would still be playing.They were second in the league or third in goals in season.

This has gotta be the third or fourth time I've seen you knock Parise for his size (assuming it's Parise you're referring to). The Wings do need to get bigger - but this isn't some soft, smallish Euro we're talking about. Parise's 5'11 and a little under 200 pounds. He's like a cross between Helm and Datsyuk - and he scores in the playoffs.

Brunner, on the other hand...I could do without this organization's collective hard-on for his type. But maybe that's unfair to him. I certainly hope so. And besides, as others have said, it's a zero-risk proposition.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#59 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:07 AM

A) yes, Semin would do that to Franzen.

B) Semin is not going to take a 2million dollar pay cut.

A) Still no, Semin may be less `gritty` (neither will ever be gritty enough to use to the word gritty however) but he would certainly out work Franzen that`s for sure.

B) I think Semin needs to do a 1-2 year deal with a good team at a lower price to be able to show he still has it, then given he has success sign a juicer deal.

#60 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

Wow, he would a perfect replacement for Huds.
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman