• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#61 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

Someone mentioned Hudler?They like him in Ottawa it seems.

It would suck if we lose Hudler and don't land Parise. I'm not very optimistic Wings will get Parise so I hope Holland doesn't wait around too long. I highly doubt Parise will be lacing them up in a winged wheel anytime soon....

#62 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,642 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

It would suck if we lose Hudler and don't land Parise. I'm not very optimistic Wings will get Parise so I hope Holland doesn't wait around too long. I highly doubt Parise will be lacing them up in a winged wheel anytime soon....

I hope you are wrong, but there are a lot of players out there that can and will replace Hudler and be a bigger impact for us. Sure he had 50 points, but that just means he will be looking for a raise and the Wings cannot afford to waste more cap space on the "same old team." Besides, bring back Hudler & Holmstrom, that is two more roster spots taken that can be filled with someone who can score 40+ goals. Not unless there is a trade brewing, but I doubt it...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#63 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,797 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

Anybody heard any more about this? Has this kid accepted any of the offers or is it still up in the air?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#64 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

watching his highlights he reminds me of kovalchuk/fedorov.

fast...tricky...determined...wicked wrister...right hander...got size.

definitely worth the gamble.

he seems to be "off the radar" in all the NHL news...

schultz
brunner
parise
suter
konopka

where do we put them all!
hahaha!
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#65 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

schultz
brunner
parise
suter
konopka

hahaha!

Hockeydb.com lists him at 5'10", 175#. He doesn't have size.

#66 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,642 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

after further review, as long as he has no problem adapting to the smaller rink and tighter defense, I'd take him as a Hudler replacement.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#67 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

schultz
brunner
parise
suter
konopka

hahaha!

I highly doubt we will land a ton of people. However, I wouldn't mind having more free draft picks like this kid and Schultz. I don't think many of these goals happen in the NHL. My hopes aren't going to be high with this kid... but at least he would try to score goals and play hard. If he isn't a puck hound I say don't bother. I would like to see a guy like this in a depth role but we don't have room there. If we could make a big deal improvement... but there is no way what we need will happen. Just make it clear this guy isn't going to be a Hudler replacement. Not yet at least.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#68 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

Kenny's schtick of signing Euro nobodies and other teams castoffs is getting old. I would like to see him focus on getting established NHL players for once.

No thanks.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#69 2probert4

2probert4

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

Kenny's schtick of signing Euro nobodies and other teams castoffs is getting old. I would like to see him focus on getting established NHL players for once.

No thanks.

Tired of the undersized players, long overdue for getting the much-needed size in the Wings lineup. Brunner may go to Tampa, where they would put him in the lineup. Schultz will be interesting, because there will be a couple of team who would put him on the NHL roster so he may go there. Not sure what Holland will do with the logjam at the blueline, Smith HAS to play every night, not split time with Kindl or whomever else.

#70 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

This has gotta be the third or fourth time I've seen you knock Parise for his size (assuming it's Parise you're referring to). The Wings do need to get bigger - but this isn't some soft, smallish Euro we're talking about. Parise's 5'11 and a little under 200 pounds. He's like a cross between Helm and Datsyuk - and he scores in the playoffs.

Brunner, on the other hand...I could do without this organization's collective hard-on for his type. But maybe that's unfair to him. I certainly hope so. And besides, as others have said, it's a zero-risk proposition.

Well here I go again,but I don't think any of us need talk about Parise anymore.He's not leaving NJ now that they're in the finals.As for Brunner if they sign him he'll go to Grand Rapids.GR had 5 or6 rookies last year and will have 4 or 5 this year.I don't believe Detroit should set pat either.That's why Holland get paid the big bucks!
- LT

#71 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:08 PM

I say we take him if anything just because he'll actually shoot the puck it seems (not to mention the kid looks good).. we ned a goal scorer. We're a team full of play makers. If he's gunna shoot the puck i say we give him a shot on one of the top two lines at least for a little while at the beginning of the season.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#72 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Tired of the undersized players, long overdue for getting the much-needed size in the Wings lineup. Brunner may go to Tampa, where they would put him in the lineup. Schultz will be interesting, because there will be a couple of team who would put him on the NHL roster so he may go there. Not sure what Holland will do with the logjam at the blueline, Smith HAS to play every night, not split time with Kindl or whomever else.

Commodore, Quincey, White, Brunnstrom.....though I agree that we are undersized in the bottom 6, and under gritty

Well here I go again,but I don't think any of us need talk about Parise anymore.He's not leaving NJ now that they're in the finals.As for Brunner if they sign him he'll go to Grand Rapids.GR had 5 or6 rookies last year and will have 4 or 5 this year.I don't believe Detroit should set pat either.That's why Holland get paid the big bucks!

Doesn't matter that theyre in the finals, their cash situation will most likely not permit them to resign him to the big contract he'll command.

#73 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

No thanks.

Posted Image

#74 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

Commodore, Quincey, White, Brunnstrom.....though I agree that we are undersized in the bottom 6, and under gritty

Doesn't matter that theyre in the finals, their cash situation will most likely not permit them to resign him to the big contract he'll command.

They'll come up with the cash,they have too(you go to the finals and let your "C" get signed away).If you had cash problem with him, think what it will be like without him.Would you want to go see them play,not me.
- LT

#75 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:35 AM

They'll come up with the cash,they have too(you go to the finals and let your "C" get signed away).If you had cash problem with him, think what it will be like without him.Would you want to go see them play,not me.

.....? they're not just gonna magically come up with the cash/cap space. They'd have to severely hurt the depth of their team in order to keep him.....No one player is worth that. Fact is he could stay but it's more likely than not he'll be playing somewhere else next season.

Edited by number9, 30 May 2012 - 03:02 AM.

#76 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:57 AM

Brunner seems to have a no nonsense attitude which could be good for the Wings.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#77 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

.....? they're not just gonna magically come up with the cash/cap space. They'd have to severely hurt the depth of their team in order to keep him.....No one player is worth that. Fact is he could stay but it's more likely than not he'll be playing somewhere else next season.

They did it with Ilya, suffered for a bit, and then went to the finals.

I have to agree, if NJ wants him back they can make it happen. It isn't impossible and they had to be planning for it. Parise can write his own ticket, so we just have to wait and see what happens. I am not counting on him coming to Detroit though, unfortunately.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#78 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

A slick offensive forward who can shoot as well as pass the puck. Has great wheels and hands. Plays a gritty game.

that is latest scouting report on Brunner,26yr 5'11" 187lb. Parise is 27yr 5'11" and 194lb so i dont see a big diff in size. It seems its the european aspect that puts some fans off. Parise is proven NHL i grant you but i watched most of the WC games involving the Swiss side and Brunner looked good. He had 1+1 and was a +1 in the 2-3 loss to Canada, where he was up against Phaneuf,Keith,Bouwmeester,Methot,Schenn and Quincey who are all over 6' and 200lb+
and he handled himself well. and if memory serves me well are all physical players.

If kenny can get him on board for the min $ then i dont think he will be a huge risk.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#79 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:38 AM

Looks like it's down to 3 teams & the Wings might lead the pack if Kenny hasn't locked him up already: http://www.blick.ch/..._medium=twitter