• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ogreslayer

2012 Lockout Watch

Rate this topic

You think the likes of Phoenix is bleeding cash now? Lock the players out again...we'll be back down to 24 teams in the NHL.

Bettman = Worst thing to happen to professional sports.

Much as the poison dwarf needs to go, he can't hold a candle to the likes of Sepp Blatter or Bernie Ecclestone. FIFA is corrupt to a scale that would shame a mafiosi don. F1 has 50% of its revenue go not to the teams, not to the drivers, but straight to a private investment firm (via Bernie of course. Who through a multitude of off-shore companies also owns just about every piece of F1, from promoting the races to the TV deals).

So it could be worse. But still, Bettman out!

I don't blame Ilitch or other owners of successful teams not wanting to support teams with owners that can't manage there franchise or teams that are in markets they shouldn't be.

The way I see it, owning a sports franchise isn't for millionaires, it's for billionaires. And you don't buy a team to make money, you buy a team because you already have a successful empire and you can AFFORD to own a team.

I figure these owners are happy to just break even. I've always hear teams don't make profit unless they go deep in the playoffs, you knows how true that is.

I know in the real world if a business is failing other owners of successful companies don't share there profit with the failing companies, why should the NHL be any different? Fact is we all know there are teams in markets they shouldn't be in. Those teams need to relocate or just go away, I know if I had a team that was making profit I wouldn't want to share it with failing teams.

I just don't believe a person should own a team unless they could support it without making a penny from it. I'm guessing MR I could make the wings payroll without the team making a profit because he owns other companies that make tons of money. I just don't think you buy a team unless ur a billionaire.....

Much as the poison dwarf needs to go, he can't hold a candle to the likes of Sepp Blatter or Bernie Ecclestone. FIFA is corrupt to a scale that would shame a mafiosi don. F1 has 50% of its revenue go not to the teams, not to the drivers, but straight to a private investment firm (via Bernie of course. Who through a multitude of off-shore companies also owns just about every piece of F1, from promoting the races to the TV deals).

So it could be worse. But still, Bettman out!

Three stoppages under one President....ugh....lest we forget when the Refs were replaced once too! Maybe Bettman should become a Abassador over in the Middle East....ok, not really, just kidding there, but he has to go!