• This topic is locked This topic is locked
905 replies to this topic

#901 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:38 AM

You think the likes of Phoenix is bleeding cash now? Lock the players out again...we'll be back down to 24 teams in the NHL.

Bettman = Worst thing to happen to professional sports.

Much as the poison dwarf needs to go, he can't hold a candle to the likes of Sepp Blatter or Bernie Ecclestone. FIFA is corrupt to a scale that would shame a mafiosi don. F1 has 50% of its revenue go not to the teams, not to the drivers, but straight to a private investment firm (via Bernie of course. Who through a multitude of off-shore companies also owns just about every piece of F1, from promoting the races to the TV deals).

So it could be worse. But still, Bettman out!
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#902 cupcrazy

cupcrazy

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 824 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:04 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Oz4ILjMXA&feature=g-all-u

I don't blame Ilitch or other owners of successful teams not wanting to support teams with owners that can't manage there franchise or teams that are in markets they shouldn't be.

The way I see it, owning a sports franchise isn't for millionaires, it's for billionaires. And you don't buy a team to make money, you buy a team because you already have a successful empire and you can AFFORD to own a team.

I figure these owners are happy to just break even. I've always hear teams don't make profit unless they go deep in the playoffs, you knows how true that is.

I know in the real world if a business is failing other owners of successful companies don't share there profit with the failing companies, why should the NHL be any different? Fact is we all know there are teams in markets they shouldn't be in. Those teams need to relocate or just go away, I know if I had a team that was making profit I wouldn't want to share it with failing teams.

I just don't believe a person should own a team unless they could support it without making a penny from it. I'm guessing MR I could make the wings payroll without the team making a profit because he owns other companies that make tons of money. I just don't think you buy a team unless ur a billionaire.....
Posted Image

#903 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,906 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:46 AM

Much as the poison dwarf needs to go, he can't hold a candle to the likes of Sepp Blatter or Bernie Ecclestone. FIFA is corrupt to a scale that would shame a mafiosi don. F1 has 50% of its revenue go not to the teams, not to the drivers, but straight to a private investment firm (via Bernie of course. Who through a multitude of off-shore companies also owns just about every piece of F1, from promoting the races to the TV deals).

So it could be worse. But still, Bettman out!

Three stoppages under one President....ugh....lest we forget when the Refs were replaced once too! Maybe Bettman should become a Abassador over in the Middle East....ok, not really, just kidding there, but he has to go!

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#904 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:56 AM

How soon can this be over? December?
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#905 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

We should probably start an actual lockout thread now where we can all be miserable and grumpy at the lack of hockey.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#906 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,247 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

In spite of how successful this thread has been, all members are locked out until you give into the mods demands. :P

Official Lockout Thread here:

http://www.letsgowin...lockout-thread/