• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

Iginla is exactly what we need. He is a sniper and would provide some much needed toughness. Nash would be good too but more expensive salary wise and for compensation in a trade. There is a lot of speculation that both will be available for a trade and that the Flames will go into rebuild mode.
I would part with Nyquist, Kindl and a first for Iginla but unfortunately it will probably take more than that for a 34 yr old who is in the last year on his contract for a team that probably won't make the playoffs next yr and will probably move on after that. He could probably score 50 goals again playing with the Wings and brings a lot more of what the Wings need than either Prise or Semin

#2 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

Obvious choice to me, but who would it take to get Iginla here? Plus he is at $7M...could Holland afford all three of Iginla, Parise and Suter? Or would Iginla take us out of the Parise-stakes? I guess if the Cap goes to $70M, Nick takes a nice respectable discount, that would be a pretty awesome roster... Just who would be gone? I would think Franzen? Filppula? Prospects? Hate to lose Smith, but Tatar and Andersson are expendable...along with Franzen if the Wings got both Iginla AND Parise...

edit: OP, you should add Parise to your poll to see what everyone thinks! Of course how about this question: Lidstrom & Parise or Iginla and Suter? Hmmm....

Edited by LeftWinger, 17 May 2012 - 02:48 PM.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#3 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Obvious choice to me, but who would it take to get Iginla here? Plus he is at $7M...could Holland afford all three of Iginla, Parise and Suter? Or would Iginla take us out of the Parise-stakes? I guess if the Cap goes to $70M, Nick takes a nice respectable discount, that would be a pretty awesome roster... Just who would be gone? I would think Franzen? Filppula? Prospects? Hate to lose Smith, but Tatar and Andersson are expendable...along with Franzen if the Wings got both Iginla AND Parise...

edit: OP, you should add Parise to your poll to see what everyone thinks! Of course how about this question: Lidstrom & Parise or Iginla and Suter? Hmmm....

I think Parise would be an obvious choice there because of the age difference and the fact that we wouldn't have to give up anybody for him but I am not so sure he will be available and I do believe that Iginla is more of the type of player we need.
If we do acquire Parise we won't be trading for Iginla or Nash

#4 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,827 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

There's another option too, depending on the CBA negotiations. If an "Amnesty" buyout is given in the new CBA, does Calgary buyout Iginla? If so, he'd be a free agent, and might be available to sign without any kind of a trade. (I realize there's a whole bunch of "ifs" in that statement, but it could be a possibility...)

However, Iginla only has one year left on his deal, so the Flames might keep him around after all...

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#5 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

No chance in hell Nysquist is out, especially for an older player. Iginla would be great, but they won't mortgage the future for instant gratification.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#6 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

There's another option too, depending on the CBA negotiations. If an "Amnesty" buyout is given in the new CBA, does Calgary buyout Iginla? If so, he'd be a free agent, and might be available to sign without any kind of a trade. (I realize there's a whole bunch of "ifs" in that statement, but it could be a possibility...)

However, Iginla only has one year left on his deal, so the Flames might keep him around after all...

Why would they spend money to make him go away when he is still very productive and they can get trades for him?

I woud like him on this team. At the same time, I would not want to give up Nyquist.

#7 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

of those two I absolutely prefer Iginla and this is a total no-brainer.

#8 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Have you been watching any Jersey games?

Parise or bust.

#9 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

No chance in hell Nysquist is out, especially for an older player. Iginla would be great, but they won't mortgage the future for instant gratification.

For a Cup?

#10 shoe

shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

Last I heard the Wings wanted to get tougher and grittier, Iginla is much more tougher and gritty than Semin so I vote for a trade with Calgary.

#11 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

I say no to either of them.

#12 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

Marleau and Clowe might be available from the Sharks. How do you guys feel about them?

#13 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Forgot "Kill Self" option.

Clowe

I would LOVE Clowe. That'd be one of the best reasonable trades Holland could make, imo.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#14 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

I would LOVE Clowe. That'd be one of the best reasonable trades Holland could make, imo.

Some more info: The Mercury News reports that the San Jose could trade two of Joe Pavelski, Marleau, Dan Boyle, Ryan Clowe and Martin Havlat before the season. They also report that they are looking for someone to help their struggling PK, which was 29th in the league last year. I'm not that good with proposals, but I think something could be worked out.

#15 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

Iginla: 7 million dollars a year, on the downside of his career and will require some type of large return back to the flames? Hell no.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#16 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

They also report that they are looking for someone to help their struggling PK, which was 29th in the league last year.

Well Brad Stuart is a good PK-er and he's UFA :(

Wouldn't mind Franzen for Clowe trade though :D

#17 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

Some more info: The Mercury News reports that the San Jose could trade two of Joe Pavelski, Marleau, Dan Boyle, Ryan Clowe and Martin Havlat before the season. They also report that they are looking for someone to help their struggling PK, which was 29th in the league last year. I'm not that good with proposals, but I think something could be worked out.

How wicked would trading for Clowe and Pavelski be? We have a ton of good PKers. God that would rock.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#18 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

For a Cup?

Holland's job is to make the team successful on a constant basis, not to blow it all so that the team can win a Cup and then possibly suck for the next several years afterward. It's called forward thinking.

Funny, because Sharks fans badly want him out the door. As would you, for that matter, were you forced to put up with his bonehead penalties, his lack of defensive acumen, and his inconsistency in production. The only thing consistent about his game is his lack of discipline.

#19 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,192 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

Getzlaf
Perry
Lucic
Girardi

Any of the above ftw plz kthx.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#20 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,054 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

Of course Iginla would be a better option than Semin. He'd play his ass off for a Cup and would show up in big games.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.