• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

I would say that the Kings having 5 top 15 and 3 top 5 draft picks in the last 5 years (and this with no 2011 1st round pick because they included it in the Penner trade) makes it kind of hard to compare their model to the Wings model who haven't had a pick higher than 19 since 1991. The Wings can't model themselves after the Wings without losing a lot more in the future. Additionally, the Kings have some good players but are kind of having a Cinderella playoffs I don't think they are going to be perennial contenders for the WCF.

Before you can go modeling after anybody you must start with a goaltender as good as Quick.Howard is not that.
- LT

#42 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

Before you can go modeling after anybody you must start with a goaltender as good as Quick.Howard is not that.

coming into this season, quick wasnt really one of those goalies either. it will take time to decide if he is finally playing up to potential this year or overplaying his abilities this year.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#43 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

coming into this season, quick wasnt really one of those goalies either. it will take time to decide if he is finally playing up to potential this year or overplaying his abilities this year.

Howard and Quick are very similier goalies. Not style wise, but numbers wise. Very close in their careers.

#44 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

about as close as you can get, when healthy