• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

The truth of our decline.

Rate this topic

Holy Jesus am I ever sick of clicking on a new thread, all excited to read something new and then seeing the SAME things posted by the SAME people. I still love LGW but some of the new posters (yes my post count is low but I'm not brand new) are driving me insane.

Also, number9 took the words right out of my mouth. "Can't win it all every year..."

If it is so painstaking then why do you continue I click the links and post in the threads?

You are right "we can't win every year." I am not sure anyone would argue this OBVIOUS point. But you can strive to improve every year, use our money to sign free agents, use players, picks to trade for players, etc to make the team better. The Wings have not done this the past 3 years and it's the cause of that some people get frusterated.

Guest Shoreline

If it is so painstaking then why do you continue I click the links and post in the threads?

You are right "we can't win every year." I am not sure anyone would argue this OBVIOUS point. But you can strive to improve every year, use our money to sign free agents, use players, picks to trade for players, etc to make the team better. The Wings have not done this the past 3 years and it's the cause of that some people get frusterated.

The Wings' success post lockout is partly due to not just diving out a la the Rangers into the free agency market. It's too big of a gamble.

Certainly something needs to give soon if the team wishes to manage the decline seen in the postseason, but all teams go through this.

The Wings' have made signings, but they aren't the type that make huge headlines, that's how it's been since the lockout. OTOH, it has resulted in a Cup, one win from two Cups, so I don't see a reason to be frustrated other than the normal part about one's own team losing. The difference between being spoiled and not is the ability to look at the bigger picture and appreciate success. Those who are spoiled refuse to do so, they're also the ones always complaining.

Sorry, but that's not the way I personally function as a fan. I get upset at losses, I move on, hard to enjoy something if I'm even remotely as unnerved as some posters look here.

Edited by Shoreline

It's not as hard to reload when you have some of the best drafting and player development in the league, and your one of the top free agent destinations in the league lol....now if this was Edmonton or Columbus....

Emmerton: NHL ready

Mursak: NHL ready

Andersson: NHL ready

Smith: NHL ready

Nyquist: NHL ready

Sheahan: Call up

Tatar: Call up

(insert free agents name here)

That's potentially about 9 players who will be fighting for NHL ice time....plus Holmstrom makes 10....we've still got about 2 more seasons of reloading left IMO though.....

Almost forgot about Conner and Brunnstrom (did we give up on them yet?)

It's not as hard to reload when you have some of the best drafting and player development in the league, and your one of the top free agent destinations in the league lol....now if this was Edmonton or Columbus....

Emmerton: NHL ready

Mursak: NHL ready

Andersson: NHL ready

Smith: NHL ready

Nyquist: NHL ready

Sheahan: Call up

Tatar: Call up

That's potentially about 9 players who will be fighting for NHL ice time....plus Holmstrom makes 10....we've still got about 2 more seasons of reloading left IMO though.....

Haha... Talk about overestimating. What world do you live in? Try and be objective.

Haha... Talk about overestimating. What world do you live in? Try and be objective.

...Overestimating what? Just so you know it usually helps if you explain yourself or offer evidence/support for arguments....if you even have any for whatever point your trying to make...

...Overestimating what? Just so you know it usually helps if you explain yourself or offer evidence/support for arguments....if you even have any for whatever point your trying to make...

Didn't you know that unless every player on the farm is comparable to Ovechkin or Stamkos then they're terrible and should immediately be waived and replaced via free agency? Wait, you knew that right? For example: Tatar isn't Datsyuk so he's worthless. In the minds of the simple that's pretty much exactly how it works on this forum. Good luck in your future endeavors, but please, don't be optimistic or else you'll be considered a self diluted homer with no real hockey sense and only a messianic faith in Ken Holland.

Didn't you know that unless every player on the farm is comparable to Ovechkin or Stamkos then they're terrible and should immediately be waived and replaced via free agency? Wait, you knew that right? For example: Tatar isn't Datsyuk so he's worthless. In the minds of the simple that's pretty much exactly how it works on this forum. Good luck in your future endeavors, but please, don't be optimistic or else you'll be considered a self diluted homer with no real hockey sense and only a messianic faith in Ken Holland.

Get er done Kenny!

"If it is so painstaking then why do you continue I click the links and post in the threads?"

Because the LGW forum at it's worst is better than most other hockey forums at their best.

And I wasn't saying that the wings can't improve but I don't think they've done absolutely nothing in the past 3 years. They've accumulated money by not overspending on players that weren't essential to their success for one thing. Maybe the Wings haven't changed as much as some would like but I'm not going to be so quick to write off the things they HAVE done (such as developing players from the farm)

Edited by Ally

Overestimating the potential and talent of our prospects. And I wrote a huge comment regarding my opinion on all our prospects and what I think of them and why. Feel free to dig it up. It took forever so I'm not going to type it out again though.

Overestimating the potential and talent of our prospects. And I wrote a huge comment regarding my opinion on all our prospects and what I think of them and why. Feel free to dig it up. It took forever so I'm not going to type it out again though.

Yeah you also wrote up an opinion praising Minnesota for having a ton of great prospects who are gonna really help their team.....yet our prospect pool is ranked higher than theirs by experts and scouts....sooooo are Minnesota's prospects good, and ours are just as good if not better? Or do you wanna reverse your opinion on Minnesota and say we both have bad prospect pools?.....Or do you just think you somehow have a better opinion/knowledge than the professionals?

P.S. telling me you wrote up a big comment about your opinion on our prospects "somwhere" doesn't help me find it....This thread? Another Thread?....you dont have to re-type either....I believe copy/paste still exists lol

Yeah you also wrote up an opinion praising Minnesota for having a ton of great prospects who are gonna really help their team.....yet our prospect pool is ranked higher than theirs by experts and scouts....sooooo are Minnesota's prospects good, and ours are just as good if not better? Or do you wanna reverse your opinion on Minnesota and say we both have bad prospect pools?.....Or do you just think you somehow have a better opinion/knowledge than the professionals?

P.S. telling me you wrote up a big comment about your opinion on our prospects "somwhere" doesn't help me find it....This thread? Another Thread?....you dont have to re-type either....I believe copy/paste still exists lol

The only place they are ranked higher is in old, non-updated articles. I said that on another thread too.

P.S. I don't feel like going to find it. I believe it's either on the early part of this thread or another thread that got heavy into the prospect situation.

The only place they are ranked higher is in old, non-updated articles. I said that on another thread too.

P.S. I don't feel like going to find it. I believe it's either on the early part of this thread or another thread that got heavy into the prospect situation.

Not true. Unless you consider 2011-2012 post season ranking "old"

The Wings are good at turning good players into great players.

We have some promising prospects anyway so I wouldn't be so negative about them.