6 replies to this topic

#1 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

Pekka Rinne on Radulov: "a big and colorful character"

interesting comments from Pekka Rinne on why they lost to the coyotes. They were so pleased with themselves after beating perhaps the weakest Red Wings team in the last 20 years

Rinne finds reasons for the playoff loss.

"We started thinking too highly of ourselves after the Detroit series that went so well. We couldn't keep our feet on the ground and everything fell apart. We panicked when we lost two away games."

Rinne says what happened with Radulov and Kostitsyn in the playoffs didn't have a big impact on the team.

"It didn't affect as much as media made it seem like. The way I see it, Radulov joining the team mid-season affected the atmosphere more than the incident that happened in the playoffs."

#2 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

With the new information about AK/AR, I'm not entirely sure that they even should have been suspended for those two games anyway. As far as Nashville, it just seems like Rinne couldn't handle high shots. I hate watching butterfly goalies when they get exposed like that.

#3 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,574 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

Ya, seems like they were so pleased in beating perhaps the weakest (skill and injured) Red Wings team to enter the playoffs in their 21 appearances. They were definitely the shallowest one when it comes to depth. I am glad that they enjoyed it so much, if Holland makes the right changes, it won't happen again...

Don't Be Jealous Because I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#4 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,643 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

If they lose Suter, they may have missed their window of opportunity.

I don't think too many big name free agents want to play in Nashville.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#5 nmuwildcat

nmuwildcat

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

With the new information about AK/AR, I'm not entirely sure that they even should have been suspended for those two games anyway. As far as Nashville, it just seems like Rinne couldn't handle high shots. I hate watching butterfly goalies when they get exposed like that.

Most frustrating is watching as a fan of the minor leagues where Pekka Rinne got lit up like a Christmas tree on high shots. How the Griffins players suddenly forgot this was embarrassing to watch.

#6 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

Wow, I've never heard a player speak so frankly.

The panic factor is definitely an aspect that requires some experience to handle. That's what happened to the 2008 Pens. That's also what I'm afraid will happen to the Kings this year if they fall behind or face any sort of adversity in the finals.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#7 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

Just goes to show that they haven't, yet, been able to figure out how to win consistently/go deeper in the playoffs. They are a solid team but just because you beat one of your main rivals in an early round doesn't mean you won it all