• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Congratulations to the LA Kings

Rate this topic

Being a Kings fan in LA is practically like being in a secret society. You'll see someone wearing a Kings hat, then you start talking to them about the team and no one around you has any idea what you're talking about.

I wonder how many people in LA that own Kings gear are actually even Kings fans?

Hell, I'd bet that there are more gang bangers in LA that own Kings jerseys and hats that actual Kings fans, lol.

I wonder how many people in LA that own Kings gear are actually even Kings fans?

Hell, I'd bet that there are more gang bangers in LA that own Kings jerseys and hats that actual Kings fans, lol.

I doubt that. The Kings have always had pretty decent support from the city since Gretzky arrived.

Guest irishock

Or LA fans in general are just a bunch of bandwagoners.

The Clippers have had recent success, and now they're selling out games at Staples and Laker fans are downright worst in the world

I doubt that. The Kings have always had pretty decent support from the city since Gretzky arrived.

Agreed. I know a lot of fans that go back decades.

The city in general is pretty oblivious to hockey, but Kings fans are very dedicated. You have to be to follow hockey in Southern California.

People here can make condescending wisecracks about bandwagoning, but the reality is the Wings have picked up tons more fans with every Cup they've won.

It's been a long time since Detroit was awful like the Kings had been. But when they were, Joe Louis was practically empty. And unlike LA, Detroit is a city with a long hockey history and culture that Los Angeles doesn't have. Detroit is "Hockeytown" as long as the Wings are winning. Everybody loves a winner.

What exactly are you basing this on?

The reality is that if you see someone walking around LA in Kings gear, they're almost certainly a fan. People will wear Dodgers stuff because they want to represent LA in general, but it's not that way with the hockey team.