• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Norwegian Red Wing

Wings look into Jonas Holøs?

Rate this topic

Jonas Holøs is a great norwegian D-man, and just ended a great World Championship, as one of the players with most icetime during. (Think he had an average of over 27 mins a game!)

He ended up with 9 points in 8 games (4+5), plus 4, and got lots of credit from both Swedish experts (LINK to one article), and NHL-agents.

He is born and reised in my hometown Sarpsborg in Norway, and has always been a serious athlete. He puts down so much in his training, and is by some described as the best trained team-athlete ever in Norway (LINK to google-tranlated page).

Jonas has played in the NHL before (Avs), but decided to leave when he after the first season was sent down to AHL with the word he was ranked as their d-man number 14. He knew he was good enoguh for the top league. And he is, believe me.

Anyway.. Several newspapers (in Norway and sweden) has been writing about Holøs return to the NHL during the Championship, and now one of the most known hockey-commentators in Norway claim that Detroit is one of three teams interested in bringing him over again.

LINK to norwegian site (using Gogle translator)

Besides the Wings, the two other teams is, according to this writer; Chicago and his former team Colorado. Colorado has been confirmed by agents in other TV-news etc here in Norway, but as for Chicago and Detroit - this is new to me.

What do you guys think? I could actually see him fitting this great team of ours.

Guest blueadams

Wouldn't make us any bigger on the blue-line. Pretty typical wing defenseman size at 5-11 196. But he is a right-handed shot, which we desperately need.

Couldn't be worse than Kindl.

Wouldn't make us any bigger on the blue-line. Pretty typical wing defenseman size at 5-11 196. But he is a right-handed shot, which we desperately need.

Couldn't be worse than Kindl.

Is Kindl officially the new Ericsson now? LGW defensive whipping boy? He was a rookie last year. He had about 8 points and was plus 6 or something like that. That's not all that bad for a seventh defenseman, can we please just wait a year or two before we feed him to the wolves? Remember how it took about five full seasons (and Babock saying how valuable he was) before everybody got off Ericsson's back.

Kindl's got a long way to go for sure, but at least give the kid the opportunity to get better.

Edited by kipwinger

Didn't we already play the Norwwegian defenseman game anyway? All kidding aside, anybody know why this guy never even played a game for the big club, he's not a terrible hockey player?

Note: Nevermind, just remembered that getting rid of Leino was all about clearing up roster space.

Edited by kipwinger

I laugh at the negs because you folks think that Holland should rather sign this guy than Suter... I didn't knock the guy, I just simply said, do what needs to be done then experiment with these type players...do you seriously think this guy is gonna be the "Suter" we are looking for?

(of course if the neggers would man up and defend why they negged, we'd know what they thought)

Sign Suter THEN sign cast offs...Besides, if he finds out he is going to GR, he is going back home again...

I think the negs are more for your attitude on the situation. At least that is the impression I got from your post. I don't think anyone here is thinking Holland is going to screw the team this summer. Yet, you seem to be taking the negative nancy approach. Give Holland time to make the team before you pass judgement on him.

Is Kindl officially the new Ericsson now? LGW defensive whipping boy? He was a rookie last year. He had about 8 points and was plus 6 or something like that. That's not all that bad for a seventh defenseman, can we please just wait a year or two before we feed him to the wolves? Remember how it took about five full seasons (and Babock saying how valuable he was) before everybody got of Ericsson's back.

Kindl's got a long way to go for sure, but at least give the kid the opportunity to get better.

Considering Ericsson has only played three full seasons, no. Neither I nor anyone else remembers that. :)

Kindl wasn't really a rookie either. He played 48 games in 10-11. He's improved a bit, and will almost certainly improve further in the next few years. But he doesn't look like he'll ever be anything special. I don't think he's a whipping boy yet, just pretty irrelevant.

Considering Ericsson has only played three full seasons, no. Neither I nor anyone else remembers that. :)

Kindl wasn't really a rookie either. He played 48 games in 10-11. He's improved a bit, and will almost certainly improve further in the next few years. But he doesn't look like he'll ever be anything special. I don't think he's a whipping boy yet, just pretty irrelevant.

Agreed. Kindl has now played 106 games in the NHL.

And Ericsson is a converted defenseman taken dead last in the draft. Taken 19th overall, I think Kindl is the highest pick the Wings have had since drafting Marty Lapointe. I had higher hopes for him but he couldn't even hold a spot over Commie and didn't see a lick of ice time in the playoffs. And he's not exactly that young either. People can bag on Quincey for how he plays, but he's only a year older than Kindl. He's just been playing big minutes for several seasons. Kindl is also an inch taller and 10 lbs heavier than Q, but you'd never know it from how he plays.

There's still hope he'll turn into something, but when the Wings picked him in 2005, I'm guessing they were hoping they'd have an NHL ready defenseman by now.

Guest Heaten

I laugh at the negs because you folks think that Holland should rather sign this guy than Suter... I didn't knock the guy, I just simply said, do what needs to be done then experiment with these type players...do you seriously think this guy is gonna be the "Suter" we are looking for?

(of course if the neggers would man up and defend why they negged, we'd know what they thought)

Sign Suter THEN sign cast offs...Besides, if he finds out he is going to GR, he is going back home again...

Are there any reports or credible rumors that says Suter actually wants to sign in Detroit? Pursuing Suter is all fine and dandy, but nothing is guaranteed. Shouldn't Holland be exploring all options in case "plan A" doesn't work out?

What happens if Suter signs in Dallas for $11.5 million per year (because they can afford it) and Chicago gets a guy for under a million that turns out to be a stud? Will you be crying bloody hell as you teepee Holland's house?

Agreed. Kindl has now played 106 games in the NHL.

And Ericsson is a converted defenseman taken dead last in the draft. Taken 19th overall, I think Kindl is the highest pick the Wings have had since drafting Marty Lapointe. I had higher hopes for him but he couldn't even hold a spot over Commie and didn't see a lick of ice time in the playoffs. And he's not exactly that young either. People can bag on Quincey for how he plays, but he's only a year older than Kindl. He's just been playing big minutes for several seasons. Kindl is also an inch taller and 10 lbs heavier than Q, but you'd never know it from how he plays.

There's still hope he'll turn into something, but when the Wings picked him in 2005, I'm guessing they were hoping they'd have an NHL ready defenseman by now.

Kindl looked like he had so much potential in the OHL...played with a lot of fire and spark...right now he seems pretty irrelevant and below average. I'm not completely sold though. Q has played in well over double the amount of NHL games Kindl has and big E's slow progress gives me hope.....I mean the kid did look VERY promising in the OHL, not giving up yet.

Are there any reports or credible rumors that says Suter actually wants to sign in Detroit? Pursuing Suter is all fine and dandy, but nothing is guaranteed. Shouldn't Holland be exploring all options in case "plan A" doesn't work out?

What happens if Suter signs in Dallas for $11.5 million per year (because they can afford it) and Chicago gets a guy for under a million that turns out to be a stud? Will you be crying bloody hell as you teepee Holland's house?

Definitely should be exploring all options like you say....we all know Holland's not just gonna throw money at big names, while other teams will.....though I believe the rumor is Suter has been turning down big money from Nashville. If that's true, hopefully he'll be looking to win cups somewhere like here and won't just be looking for a big pay day

I agree with your points Harold and Buppy, my point was not to raise Kindl up to be a major player or anything. I just think it's funny that for the two years I've been on this forum Ericsson has been blamed with everything that other than what Hudler was blamed for. But now, all of the sudden, Ericsson has been rehabilitated (so to speak) and everyone acts like Kindl is the biggest f*** up in the world. The guy has seen less ice time than anybody on the team except Nyquist, Emmerton, Smith, and Mursak. Don't get me wrong, I think Smith probably has a bigger up side, which is why I've said that Kindl is expendable on other threads, but I think it's absurd the amount of scorn the kid gets considering he's not a vital part of the team and as a seventh defenseman in his first full year he was only supposed to eat up minutes and hopefully show that he's got more promise than what he's showing now. Seems like the trend here is to pick the guy who's game is the weakest and then start heaping s*** on him as if he's the reason we got bounced from the playoffs, and then when it turns out he's better than anybody gives him credit for...pick the next guy.

Obviously Ericsson is a better d-man, I wasn't trying to compare. I was just suggesting that maybe it's absurd for him to be the goat as well.

:clap: Hey at least there are some folks willing to explain why they think I am in the wrong! Thank you guys!

Hey, Holland is gonna do what he is gonna do...Sure Suter may hate Detroit and will take less NOT to come here, that is fine too. I just don't see why everyone is getting excited over these guys who couldn't make it in the NHL before, didn't we learn our lesson's with Leino and Brunnstrom? I guess he could pan out to be a nice #6 or #7, I just don't hear no talk from Holland about being interested in Suter, he sure talks about guys over in Europe enough, you would think that he would say something...Hey, hopefully he signs everyone he wants to and turns this team back right...

:clap: Hey at least there are some folks willing to explain why they think I am in the wrong! Thank you guys!

Hey, Holland is gonna do what he is gonna do...Sure Suter may hate Detroit and will take less NOT to come here, that is fine too. I just don't see why everyone is getting excited over these guys who couldn't make it in the NHL before, didn't we learn our lesson's with Leino and Brunnstrom? I guess he could pan out to be a nice #6 or #7, I just don't hear no talk from Holland about being interested in Suter, he sure talks about guys over in Europe enough, you would think that he would say something...Hey, hopefully he signs everyone he wants to and turns this team back right...

Suter is still under contract. Kenny can't say anything about him, or even hint too overtly, or it would be tampering.

I just don't hear no talk from Holland about being interested in Suter, he sure talks about guys over in Europe enough, you would think that he would say something...

That has to do with the fact that Suter is still the property of the Nashville Predators until 7/1 or if/when they trade his negotiation rights before then. If Holland were to come out now & say that he's pursuing any pending free agent by name prior to July 1st, the NHL considers that tampering. Teams have been fined and/or had draft picks taken away for that in the past.

I'm going to play a fun game I learned in college...

Premise 1: Nick Listrom has been the best defenseman in the world for roughly 15 years.

Premise 2: The Red Wings have not won 15 straight Stanley Cups.

Conclusion: You don't need the best defenseman in the world to win the Stanley Cup.

Please stop putting so much stock in this Suter thing.

Edited by kipwinger

No where in your initial post did you say sign Suter first and foremost, then bring over this guy and I'll be ok with it. You went straight into spaz mode.

No where in your initial post did you say sign Suter first and foremost, then bring over this guy and I'll be ok with it. You went straight into spaz mode.

no, I said experiment all you want, but get your job done this summer. Without using the name Suter, I would think that most people would understand that means do what you need to do then look for depth experiments. But by the looks of it, I guess they don't.

"Please Mr. Holland, make this team better than last year by getting the best available player on D and O. I like that you are looking at depth signings too! Please don't make them you first priority..."

no, I said experiment all you want, but get your job done this summer. Without using the name Suter, I would think that most people would understand that means do what you need to do then look for depth experiments. But by the looks of it, I guess they don't.

"Please Mr. Holland, make this team better than last year by getting the best available player on D and O. I like that you are looking at depth signings too! Please don't make them you first priority..."

I just think it's a silly that you think that might be his top priority.....of course its not lol its just all he can do until July 1st. Be patient.