• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey13Playa

Report: Alain Vigneault confirms Roberto Luongo wants to leave Canucks

Rate this topic

Take it for what its worth. On nhl 12 :hehe: a guy from Scarborough,Ont said that Roberto Luongo has been traded to the Leafs don't know for who or what and will be announced on monday.

Someone please tell me why a guy like Luongo, who prefers being pylon would go from a hockeyhotbed into the media circus known as Toronto, coupled with this fat blowhard Burke? That to me screams desaster I highly doubt, Lu would want to play there.

I am so sick of Burke news can't wait till this guy gets fired overrated cementhead. I like Roberto will end up with Tampa or back to Florida.

I am honestly hardly surprised. You don't go from Vancouver (hockeycrazy canadian market) into the *biggest* one. Toronto while a storied franchise is a goaltenders nightmare.

Watch the monster blossom in Winnipeg this year.

Schneider is overhyped, he hasn't played a full season yet and turns 27.

Canucks have the most ignorant fans in the world. At least the Leafs, for the most part, have knowledgeable fans. Canucks fans throw the goalie under the bus after each loss no matter how the team played. I live in Vancouver so I know first hand. Luongo doesn't deserve all the criticism he gets from Vancouver media, there were much bigger problems in Vancouver's lineup last year than Luongo, but it's so easy to blame the goalie when you don't have any real knowledge of hockey. I still want Luongo to be successful, even though I hate the Canucks, so it would be awesome if Burke shafted them, Luongo got vezina numbers and Shneider isn't the next Patrick Roy like all Canucks fans think he is.

Tough call but is Lindback NHL ready for a full season? Having a duo between Lou and him would be dynamite for them.

I LOVED that pickup by Yzerman. Reminds me of how the Coyotes landed Bryzgalov (albeit thru waivers), who was overqualified to be a backup and instantly changed that franchise. Oh, and in case it doesn't work out, the Bolts drafted the Russian goalie who played so well in juniors also.

I don't know how you trade for Luongo with that ridiculous contract. He's too much of a headcase to be a "final piece" and the contract would be a huge burden on a team that needs to add additional star power.

Sent on iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by StormJH1

Guest Hatethedrake!

Florida is a Salary Floor team so any deal for Luongo would have to include the Canucks taking one of their bad contracts. They already took the overpaid stiff Booth. Last I heard, Luongo will only waive his no trade clause for Florida. This seems to be a big game of CHICKEN right now between Luongo, Gillis and Burke. Tallon has kept pretty quiet which likely means he is right in on it.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Vancouver leads the League in drama right now.

That's one thing they can always win.