• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

I don't know why but I really hope he goes to Toronto, he'd help Kessel out anyway.

Luongo to Toronto is quite possible when ya consider GM Burke's on thin ice, and needs to do "something" in order to keep his job beyond the 2012/2013 season, and their goaltending these past few seasons has been shaky to say the least.

If a trade were to take place - say at the draft - I'd expect a handful of players from each team getting moved.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#22 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

For the Leafs, Luongo? Or perhaps Hasek?

Toronto Star.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#23 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,917 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

Well, if Dom is looking for a challenge, I can think of little more challenging than backstopping the Leafs to a Stanley Cup victory.

#24 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

Luongo close to becoming a Leaf?

Posted Image

#25 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:07 AM

I'm certain he'll be either a Leaf or a Lightning.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#26 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

Toronto Star.

Translation: Burke lost the coin he was flipping.

#27 TaRGeT

TaRGeT

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:39 PM

Take it for what its worth. On nhl 12 :hehe: a guy from Scarborough,Ont said that Roberto Luongo has been traded to the Leafs don't know for who or what and will be announced on monday.

Posted Image

#28 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:14 AM

Someone please tell me why a guy like Luongo, who prefers being pylon would go from a hockeyhotbed into the media circus known as Toronto, coupled with this fat blowhard Burke? That to me screams desaster I highly doubt, Lu would want to play there.

I am so sick of Burke news can't wait till this guy gets fired overrated cementhead. I like Roberto will end up with Tampa or back to Florida.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#29 Supface

Supface

Rookie

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:54 AM

I don't think the Lightning are going to be too interested in LOUUUU now that they have Lindback.

#30 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:37 AM

I don't think the Lightning are going to be too interested in LOUUUU now that they have Lindback.

Tough call but is Lindback NHL ready for a full season? Having a duo between Lou and him would be dynamite for them.

kftx.jpg

#31 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

Someone please tell me why a guy like Luongo, who prefers being pylon would go from a hockeyhotbed into the media circus known as Toronto, coupled with this fat blowhard Burke? That to me screams desaster I highly doubt, Lu would want to play there.

I am so sick of Burke news can't wait till this guy gets fired overrated cementhead. I like Roberto will end up with Tampa or back to Florida.

Well - at his age, the hype, and with his paycheck very few teams would be willing to trade for him...Eddie the Eagle found new life in Toronto - maybe Luongo will too?

As for Burke - I honestly like the guy, and his gruff demeanor (thought his Winter Classic press conference with Holland was pretty funny)...What else can you expect from the media in Toronto?..No matter what - everything gets blown outta proportion there.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#32 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

Luongo would be a perfect fit in the Tornoto circus. And even betten when we play them in the Winter Classic we can light him up. Oh yeah you heard it first here folks. Light his ass up.

#33 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399234

Looks like Luongo has his destination picked out.....and it ain't Toronto! (or anywhere else not named Panthers for that matter...)

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#34 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

If that comes to fruition I wonder what's going to happen with the whole Markstrom situation? Especially with the length of Luongo's contract.

Posted Image

#35 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:55 AM

Vancouver has a lot of history trading with Florida. I wanted Luongo to go to Toronto but I like the idea of him handcuffing the Canucks, so hopefully they get shafted in the deal. I can see Burrows going as well.

#36 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:28 AM

I am honestly hardly surprised. You don't go from Vancouver (hockeycrazy canadian market) into the *biggest* one. Toronto while a storied franchise is a goaltenders nightmare.

Watch the monster blossom in Winnipeg this year.

Schneider is overhyped, he hasn't played a full season yet and turns 27.

kftx.jpg

#37 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:06 AM

Canucks have the most ignorant fans in the world. At least the Leafs, for the most part, have knowledgeable fans. Canucks fans throw the goalie under the bus after each loss no matter how the team played. I live in Vancouver so I know first hand. Luongo doesn't deserve all the criticism he gets from Vancouver media, there were much bigger problems in Vancouver's lineup last year than Luongo, but it's so easy to blame the goalie when you don't have any real knowledge of hockey. I still want Luongo to be successful, even though I hate the Canucks, so it would be awesome if Burke shafted them, Luongo got vezina numbers and Shneider isn't the next Patrick Roy like all Canucks fans think he is.

#38 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

Tough call but is Lindback NHL ready for a full season? Having a duo between Lou and him would be dynamite for them.

I LOVED that pickup by Yzerman. Reminds me of how the Coyotes landed Bryzgalov (albeit thru waivers), who was overqualified to be a backup and instantly changed that franchise. Oh, and in case it doesn't work out, the Bolts drafted the Russian goalie who played so well in juniors also.

I don't know how you trade for Luongo with that ridiculous contract. He's too much of a headcase to be a "final piece" and the contract would be a huge burden on a team that needs to add additional star power.

Sent on iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by StormJH1, 26 June 2012 - 06:47 AM.

#39 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

Florida is a Salary Floor team so any deal for Luongo would have to include the Canucks taking one of their bad contracts. They already took the overpaid stiff Booth. Last I heard, Luongo will only waive his no trade clause for Florida. This seems to be a big game of CHICKEN right now between Luongo, Gillis and Burke. Tallon has kept pretty quiet which likely means he is right in on it.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#40 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:07 AM

Vancouver leads the League in drama right now.