• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ozone923

Who's going to make it big if anyone?

Rate this topic

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Couldn't post this in prospects, and I'm new, so if this is out of context let me know. Regardless, thought this poll would be a lot of fun. "Big" means elite.

I personally believe Nyquist, Jurco, Jarnkrok and Smith.

Anyone seen any of these guys play as a side question?

Depends on the definition of elite but I think we have at least three guys with potential to be top notch guys. Smith, Nyquist and Jarnkrok. Smith will have that star status because of his play style, and will be come a fan favourite. He'll snipe on the PP than turn around next shift lay a guy out and beat the s*** out of that guys team mate trying to defend him.

I never like to make a call on who's going to make it big but I still have high hopes for a lot of them.

Specifically, I have high legitimate top caliber hopes for:

Nyquist

Smith (top-three dman)

Tatar

Jarnkrok

Jurco

I have a little more moderated hopes for:

Mrazek (luxury backup goalie), luxury as in excellent quality for a secondary option

Sheahan (luxury third line center)

Ouellet (luxury #5 dman)

And I know I'm going to piss off a lot of people here with this statement but my intuition just doesn't sense much from Pulkkinen. Yeah yeah, I know, I'm not Jim Nill so I don't know s***. Bla bla bla.

I picked Iron Hook and Jurco. Smith will bea very good top four DMan and Nyquist I have as a formidable top six guy. Jurco has all the tools to dominate. In five years after a few seasons in the NHL and at his NHL prime playing weight, Jarnkrok will be established as a star. Funny thing though, XO I have projected as being a better player than Smith by a decent margin.

I don't see any of these guys being players that can consistently lead the team and the league in performance year after year. Smith has amazing vision and offensive prowess, so much so that I think he'll be more effective in the offensive zone than Rafalski during his prime, but his defensive game and speed will keep me from labeling him as elite.

Most of these offensive prospects I see capping around where Filppulla is about now, give or take a little. They won't look out of place on a top line if they fill their potential, but I don't think any of them will be the backbone of a top line like Zetterberg or Datsyuk are.

As for Sheahan, I was under the impression the organization projected him as a career 3rd liner. Did something amazing happen overnight without my knowing?

And I honestly don't know enough of Oullet and Mzarek to give an opinion. As far as goalies go its not even worth speculating what they'll end up doing. It's impossible to tell what goalie will be a star or a dud these days.

Edited by Echolalia

Smith has the best shot. he could end up as high as a #2 or never make it. Sheahan will be a 4th line checking guy, Nyquist-who knows. yes he has talent, but he is also only about 175 pounds. Tatar is not really a legit NHL player, and the rest are still in juniors. No way anyone can tell on them.

Smith has the best shot. he could end up as high as a #2 or never make it. Sheahan will be a 4th line checking guy, Nyquist-who knows. yes he has talent, but he is also only about 175 pounds. Tatar is not really a legit NHL player, and the rest are still in juniors. No way anyone can tell on them.

175? Nyquist is 185 lbs.... and will likely put on at least 10 more pounds as he gets older, he's only 22. He'll most likely end up about the same size as Helmer, Z, and Dats....

Mrazek. But we will have to wait at least a couple more years.

Really surprised by this kid. 2 years ago he didn't look like anything to me. Good 5th round choice by the wings :)

Marek Tvrdon future 2/3C. Pulkkinen will probably bust. Jurco and Jarnkrok will be good. Mrazek could be good, haven't seen much of him.

if he stays healthy you may be spot on

Guest Hatethedrake!

175? Nyquist is 185 lbs.... and will likely put on at least 10 more pounds as he gets older, he's only 22. He'll most likely end up about the same size as Helmer, Z, and Dats....

Really surprised by this kid. 2 years ago he didn't look like anything to me. Good 5th round choice by the wings :)

if he stays healthy you may be spot on

He sold me with his excellent performance in the World Juniors. He's the real deal. :thumbup:

Nyquist - ? - ?

Tatar - Jarnkrok - Jurco

? - Sheahan - ?

? - ? - ?

? - Smith

? - Ouellet

? - ?

?

Mrazek

Pulkkinen gets traded for not working hard enough

sproul, back man, jensen, almqvist could also be included in the conversation of potentials for the future. I like the frame on sproul and backman, both definitely have the "tools" to be potential dmen for the future along with smith and ouellet. tvrdon can also at least project as a 3rd line power forward.

I'd love to draft that next no. 1 center this year but we don't have the pick. would be nice to maybe get a mid first for quincey and mursak/kindl or something. then draft around 15 and get something really decent.

Nyquist - ?Draft this year? - ?

Tatar - Jarnkrok - Jurco

? - Sheahan - Tvrdon

? - ? - ?

? - Smith

Sproul - Ouellet

? - Backman

Almqvist/Jensen

?

Mrazek

Edited by dirtydangles

I don't see any of these guys being players that can consistently lead the team and the league in performance year after year. Smith has amazing vision and offensive prowess, so much so that I think he'll be more effective in the offensive zone than Rafalski during his prime, but his defensive game and speed will keep me from labeling him as elite.

Most of these offensive prospects I see capping around where Filppulla is about now, give or take a little. They won't look out of place on a top line if they fill their potential, but I don't think any of them will be the backbone of a top line like Zetterberg or Datsyuk are.

As for Sheahan, I was under the impression the organization projected him as a career 3rd liner. Did something amazing happen overnight without my knowing?

And I honestly don't know enough of Oullet and Mzarek to give an opinion. As far as goalies go its not even worth speculating what they'll end up doing. It's impossible to tell what goalie will be a star or a dud these days.

I've heard a lot of speculation that Jarnkrok is the next Zetterberg....obviously too soon to tell but I like that the potential is there.

As of right now Sheahan is a projected 3/4th liner....when the wings took him though I was under the impression that they thought he could have some real offensive potential if it could be developed, and in the best case scenario we turn him into another Franzen.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I've heard a lot of speculation that Jarnkrok is the next Zetterberg....obviously too soon to tell but I like that the potential is there.

As of right now Sheahan is a projected 3/4th liner....when the wings took him though I was under the impression that they thought he could have some real offensive potential if it could be developed, and in the best case scenario we turn him into another Franzen.

Oh GOD NO. Not another Franzen! :unsure:

Some of them might surprise us, but I'm going to say that Jurco and Smith have the right combination size, speed, and skill to be real good at the NHL level. Nyquist and Jarnkrok have the skill but it remains to be seen whether or not they'll be able to beef up enough to be effective in the league. The rest aren't far enough along in their development for me to say one way or the other.

Had to go blue adams on everybody haha....this is my best case scenario for 7 years in the future...assuming we had zero FA's of course

Nyquist - Jarnkrok - Jurco

Tatar - Filppula - Sheahan

Tvrdon - Helm - Eaves

Miller - Andersson - Abdelkader

Emmerton

Mursak

Smith - White

Quincey - Ouellet

Ericsson - Sproul

Marchenko

Kindl

Howard

Mrazek

I'd go with the following for my blueadams line prediction 7 years from now assuming no trades and lids retires :P:

Nyquist - To be Drafted - Jurco

Filppula - Jarnkrok - Pulkkinen

Tvrdon - Sheahan - Tatar

Abby - Helm - Eaves

Ouellet - Smith

Ericsson - Sproul

Backman - Jensen

Almquist

Funny to think that 4th line will be kinda veteran lol. But I like the idea of a veteran 4th line just cause they know when to bring the energy etc.

As for that no. 1 centre, I'd look at:

- Move up in the draft and nab Faksa/Girgensons/Gaunce/Herti/Osnovin/Karlsson anything better I doubt we could get.

Forsberg would be perfect (6'2 right shot) but we could never move up that far imo. What would it take?

Edited by dirtydangles

I'd take another Franzen a thousand times over. You can throw away that pretty piece of metal from '08 if he's not there. :D

Yes, 1 great post season. but hey, we get to watch and remember that for 8 more seasons...... length of the terrible contract he is signed to........