• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

How possible is it for teams to make shrewd and risky trades for young talent? Like say, trading for Shea Weber at a time before he became the Shea Weber he is today. Is that a plausible route that Kenny can pursue as far as "big talents" go?

With the success of drafting and developing prospects that the Wings have,I think the other GM's are more than careful about trading with Ken and co.

#42 Kerjuxaxaxa

Kerjuxaxaxa

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

2 of them should definitely pan out. I bet one of them is Smith. However, I'm an inveterate optimist.

#43 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

It is foolish to predict as of now. Smith, gustav , and Tatar are the only ones you can realistically say are close enough to talk about. Even then I feel the jury is still out... at least when talking about elite. I don't think there is any reason to think anyone will be elite. I feel Gustav could put 80 pts up for a few years. I feel the same about Tatar. Smith is a top four
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#44 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:39 AM

Yeah all our young players are unproven. We cant rely on them. We need some other teams young players (cause other teams always have better young players than us)....We should trade all our established players (who we can rely on) for some other teams young unproven players. Once this happens our team will be young again, and then we'll win the cup. Cause age wins cups.

Uh, I don't think that's what he's saying.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#45 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

Uh, I don't think that's what he's saying.

I was agreeing with him, not mocking him. Was trying to mock those who hate our prospects because theyre young and unproven, yet they think we should trade for the prospects of other teams....sorry to confuse.

#46 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

hot off the wings twitter, not sure if it really applies here..

The Red Wings have signed Teemu Pulkkinen to a three-year entry level contract. He was a 4th round pick (111th overall) in the 2010 Draft.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#47 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

Smith is going to be a star, I think. Not sold on anyone else.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#48 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

This is why I am always willing to trade unproven young talent for proven NHL players. The hit rate is very small on prospects.
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#49 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:28 AM

Couldn't post this in prospects, and I'm new, so if this is out of context let me know. Regardless, thought this poll would be a lot of fun. "Big" means elite.

I personally believe Nyquist, Jurco, Jarnkrok and Smith.

Anyone seen any of these guys play as a side question?

Hossa and smith for sure. Jankrok is really small and he needs to pack on about 30 pounds. Specially at the NHL level. Nyquist will do great assimg he plays on a number one or two line. Same with jurco.