• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zetts

Hasek wants to play in the NHL again

Rate this topic

http://www.freep.com/article/20120525/SPORTS05/120525041/1053/sports05

http://www.thescore.com/home/articles/282076-dominik-hasek-wants-to-make-an-nhl-comeback

Despite being 47 years of age, Dominik Hasek wants to take one more kick at the can in the NHL. In speaking with a Czech newspaper, Hasek made clear his desire to return to the NHL.

"For sure, I know what I want...even my agent, he knows" Hasek was quoted as saying. His last action in the NHL came in 2007-08 with the Detroit Red Wings, where he posted a 2.14 GAA and a .902 save %.

I can only imagine the meltdown around here if Holland signed him as the new backup.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I do miss the Dom interviews...

Reporter: So how do you think you played tonight?

Dom: Oh well you know I do my best and I, I, I oh well you know I make 1 save maybe 2 you know I don't know.

Reporter: So how long do you think you will play?

Dom: Oh well you know I play 1 more year maybe 2 you know an I, I, I really don't know you know...

Edited by Hatethedrake!

I would take Dom back with open arms. He would sign cheap and he could either work or not work ... either way it wouldn't really cost us anything. I think there is potential it could work out great and it could provide more hunger for a Cup. Heck the last 2 times we won the Cup, Dominik was part of our team, so lets try it one final time. Get it done Kenny!

Someone kick Loo I think shes fainted.

Ow. :blink:

I hope Dom isn't coming back to Detroit. They are committed to Jimmy and J-Mac is a fine backup.

I do think it would be awesome to see Buffalo pick him up as back up to Miller and let them tandem. The Sabres could win a Cup with him... that is, if Bettman doesn't give it away on an illegal goal again. <_<

I hope Dom isn't coming back to Detroit. They are committed to Jimmy and J-Mac is a fine backup.

They sidelined Joseph for him, so I don't think Joey would be much of a problem. As much as I think he's a great backup, it would be stunning to see the old Dominator in a Red Wings jersey again. I'm all for it, but if he ends up somewhere else, it's still cool.

They sidelined Joseph for him, so I don't think Joey would be much of a problem. As much as I think he's a great backup, it would be stunning to see the old Dominator in a Red Wings jersey again. I'm all for it, but if he ends up somewhere else, it's still cool.

Of course, I would love to see him come back and have a great season in the NHL. I just have a feeling he won't agree to go just anywhere, though. He's odd, like that...

And having been his biggest fan for his entire career, I will be the first to say, I have NO idea what he's thinking. :P

He says he wants to play in the NHL again but does anyone ACTUALLY see this happening? I think it would be cool to see him back, I mean why not? But I feel like most if not all teams wouldn't want to take that gamble on him...

Of course, I would love to see him come back and have a great season in the NHL. I just have a feeling he won't agree to go just anywhere, though. He's odd, like that...

And having been his biggest fan for his entire career, I will be the first to say, I have NO idea what he's thinking. :P

What if he replaces Brent Johnson in Pittsburgh?

Every season this comes up. And every season I say:

Get 'er done Kenny.

I highly doubt he can play as a starter anywhere in the league, but he won a championship a season or two ago, did he not? I bet he could play a few as a backup, or maybe a backup backup.

At any rate, who doesn't like the Dominator? I don't care if all he can do is play in practice, I'd sign him.

He says he wants to play in the NHL again but does anyone ACTUALLY see this happening? I think it would be cool to see him back, I mean why not? But I feel like most if not all teams wouldn't want to take that gamble on him...

No. The same thing came up last season. He thinks about it and it never goes anywhere.

I do miss the Dom interviews...

Reporter: So how do you think you played tonight?

Dom: Oh well you know I do my best and I, I, I oh well you know I make 1 save maybe 2 you know I don't know.

Reporter: So how long do you think you will play?

Dom: Oh well you know I play 1 more year maybe 2 you know an I, I, I really don't know you know...

:lol:

it's funny, i can hear his voice in my head saying this, but i can also hear consuela from family guy saying it.

Gee, you think Cheli might come back too? Knowing what a workout demon he is, and seeing that he's not in bad shape, who knows???

Someone kick Loo I think shes fainted.

I think if we bring back Hasek we should bring in CuJo also and let them duke it out for the backup role old school style.

I tried to take in what you just said here but I totally got sidetracked by the aliens. Aliens. aliens...