51 replies to this topic

#21 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

I do miss the Dom interviews...

Reporter: So how do you think you played tonight?

Dom: Oh well you know I do my best and I, I, I oh well you know I make 1 save maybe 2 you know I don't know.

Reporter: So how long do you think you will play?

Dom: Oh well you know I play 1 more year maybe 2 you know an I, I, I really don't know you know...

:lol:

it's funny, i can hear his voice in my head saying this, but i can also hear consuela from family guy saying it.
Posted Image

#22 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

Gee, you think Cheli might come back too? Knowing what a workout demon he is, and seeing that he's not in bad shape, who knows???
Posted Image

#23 Supface

Supface

Rookie

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

Would it really be worse than the Conklin situation this season?

#24 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

Lol Hasek is so talented I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if he came back for fun and won the Vezina.

#25 ozone923

ozone923

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:35 AM

Someone kick Loo I think shes fainted.

I think if we bring back Hasek we should bring in CuJo also and let them duke it out for the backup role old school style.

I tried to take in what you just said here but I totally got sidetracked by the aliens. Aliens. aliens...

#26 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

This is one of those things where I know it would be a bad idea but I just like him so much.
I'd just like to see a Canuck get flipped like Gaborik.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#27 shoe

shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

even though he is really old he is really competitive, imagine you had a floater on your team cough Fr -cough-ranzin...

and you have Dom backing up that night and your lazy ass shift is over and you skate back to the bench and then you get ripped in half by Hasek.

All the guy ever wanted to do was win, theres nothing wrong with a guy like that on your team.

#28 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,582 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

even though he is really old he is really competitive, imagine you had a floater on your team cough Fr -cough-ranzin...

and you have Dom backing up that night and your lazy ass shift is over and you skate back to the bench and then you get ripped in half by Hasek.

All the guy ever wanted to do was win, theres nothing wrong with a guy like that on your team.

I can't think of another goalie who was as competitive as Hasek. Having him on a team with Shanahan and Yzerman was unreal as far as heart went.

And I'm with everyone else. I know this would be a bad move, but Hasek is just so great that I'd still want him back.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#29 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

This may be a bit extreme but if Holland signs Hasek as a Back-up or any other roster spot on this team I'll officialy call for Holland's Head on a Platter for examination.

#30 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,852 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

This may be a bit extreme but if Holland signs Hasek as a Back-up or any other roster spot on this team I'll officialy call for Holland's Head on a Platter for examination.

Many people asked for Holland's head a month ago, when this team was sent fishing after 5 games.

A Hasek signing would be a pretty extreme act.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#31 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,582 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

What about if Hasek signed a 2 way and agreed to compete with Joey Mac for the backup spot? That is, assuming Conklin is done.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#32 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:03 AM

What about if Hasek signed a 2 way and agreed to compete with Joey Mac for the backup spot? That is, assuming Conklin is done.

Wouldn't see a problem with that.

Keeping fit, when he's been able to, has never been a problem for Hasek, so I wouldn't be shocked if he's still in decent enough playing shape to at least give the NHL another shot.

If he can do it, more power to him, but to the Wings situation, it isn't something I'm not getting too overly excited about, nor dismissing. It's not like Howard isn't going to not start anytime soon.

#33 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,480 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

You know, I doubt that will happen. There's an article today where he says he won't play 2nd fiddle:

Hasek remained confident about his ability to play goalie. "The NHL is the best show in the world. I want to play but I don't want to be a backup goalie, I still believe I can play on the highest level."

Color me "not surprised" by this comment. :P That's Dom. Big Dog, or not at the party. If some NHL team wants a goalie who never entertains the idea of losing, and needs a key player who will rip his skaters' head off if/when they don't show up for a shift... you just might want Hasek.

Love him or hate him, Dom attracts the media by simply coming to practice. Good or bad, he's a sure headline, every time. Hasek brings heart and desire to the ice, and makes any team he plays on better.

Someone will make him an offer. It won't be Detroit, I suspect. He won't go to a non-contender. The caliber of the management and the roster in front of him will play a big part in any decision.

I am looking at Tampa Bay as a candidate.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#34 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,582 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

No team will take a chance on him as a starter. He was plagued with groin injuries at the end of his NHL career and I think he's still had some over in Europe. He's a competitor of the highest order, but at his age, skill or no, he's not someone you can bank on for carrying you through a season or playoff run. Which is why the best he can hope for is a backup spot if he wants to be in the NHL. He'd be an excellent motivator and mentor for the kids, but no way a team risks his injuries for a starting position.

#35 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,480 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

I agree, VM. You're probably right. I think someone will make him an offer. I also think he won't like it, and we won't see him back in the NHL.

But, stranger things have happened! :lol:

Edited by puckloo39, 27 May 2012 - 10:32 AM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#36 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

The last 2 times the Wings won the cup, Hasek was on the roster.
Posted Image

#37 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,041 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

Good luck on your comeback Dom, just not with Detroit.

#38 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

So Dom wants to be a starter :yowza:

I love Hasek,always will,but this is too much of freak show,even for a crazy dude like him :hehe:

Edited by pucktividi, 27 May 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#39 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

So was Cheli, doesnt mean we should bring him back.

Edited by Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot), 27 May 2012 - 08:46 PM.

[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#40 Sycsa

Sycsa

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

I am looking at Tampa Bay as a candidate.

I would love that! He'd at least be reunited with Stevie Y.

We also didn't win a cup without McCarty since 1955...

Edited by Sycsa, 27 May 2012 - 08:58 PM.