• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Red Wings make contract offer to D Justin Schultz

Rate this topic

Yes, he will be given icetime. Holland has said it, Babcock will give it and continue to give it until he loses it. He will not have to beat Kindl/Quincey for the spot, if he signs here, it will be his to lose. Snotty nose or not, if the organization guarantees him ice time, he will get it, until he f***s up enough to lose it....it may or may not happen, but he will have the spot, no matter what happens to Kindl/Quincey... It's written in black and white, it doesn't matter who YOU think deserves the spot, you are not Holland making promises....

Guest Heaten

Yes, he will be given icetime. Holland has said it, Babcock will give it and continue to give it until he loses it. He will not have to beat Kindl/Quincey for the spot, if he signs here, it will be his to lose. Snotty nose or not, if the organization guarantees him ice time, he will get it, until he f***s up enough to lose it....it may or may not happen, but he will have the spot, no matter what happens to Kindl/Quincey... It's written in black and white, it doesn't matter who YOU think deserves the spot, you are not Holland making promises....

And Holland isn't Babcock who has the ultimate decision. And we all know how Babcock operates, he doesn't just "give" ice time to players.

Sure Babcock will give him a chance on a short leash, but he won't tolerate much. If he benches him and Kindl outplayes him, then the new spot now belongs to Kindl until he gets in Babcocks' dog house.

That's how it's been and how it will continue. Babcock and Holland bump heads, this will potentially be yet another situation. but I doubt Schultz comes here anyhow, so I doubt we'll need to worry about it.

But certainly you know the tried-and-true Red Wings routine, right? You think the process is going to change? Don't kid yourself.

Edited by Heaten

People here in Vancouver are going goo goo gaa gaa because twittersphere is saying that Schultz has made a decision to go to the Canucks, no surprise, after all he is from BC.

Any rumor originating from Vancouver or Toronto should be instantly discredited until it actually happens

This is the worst possible situation when a rookie enetering NHL request guarantees of any kind. Such things does not end well. Let him earn it instead of having it by default... If he requests guarantees he may sign with any other franchise.,, like Toronto or Columbus.

Guest Heaten

This is the worst possible situation when a rookie enetering NHL request guarantees of any kind. Such things does not end well. Let him earn it instead of having it by default... If he requests guarantees he may sign with any other franchise.,, like Toronto or Columbus.

I'm all for Babcock giving him a "try out" for a few games. If he doesn't impress, then send him down or bench him. Let him sulk on the bench for all I care. We all know Babock won't give a $h@t.

But I agree, don't guarentee ice time, but guarentee him a "try out" for a chance to beat out the other two players (Quincey / Kindl). Holland should sign him on a 2-way contract in case he turns out to be a flop, since he likely won't crack the line-up anyhow.

If Holland does get him and he doesn't impress in his first few games, maybe Holland can trade him to a bottom feeder team that will give him ice time for decent assets in return. That would be a good move by Holland.

And Holland isn't Babcock who has the ultimate decision. And we all know how Babcock operates, he doesn't just "give" ice time to players.

Sure Babcock will give him a chance on a short leash, but he won't tolerate much. If he benches him and Kindl outplayes him, then the new spot now belongs to Kindl until he gets in Babcocks' dog house.

That's how it's been and how it will continue. Babcock and Holland bump heads, this will potentially be yet another situation. but I doubt Schultz comes here anyhow, so I doubt we'll need to worry about it.

But certainly you know the tried-and-true Red Wings routine, right? You think the process is going to change? Don't kid yourself.

You just said right there what I have been saying all along! It's his spot to lose...so since you feel the same way, we could have avoided the bickering and useless typing... Holland will guarantee the spot, Babcock will start him and when or if he fails, someone else comes in...that I agree with....the spot is Schultz's until he loses it....if he signs here, and God I hope he does!

Guest Heaten

You just said right there what I have been saying all along! It's his spot to lose...so since you feel the same way, we could have avoided the bickering and useless typing... Holland will guarantee the spot, Babcock will start him and when or if he fails, someone else comes in...that I agree with....the spot is Schultz's until he loses it....if he signs here, and God I hope he does!

All players will get a shot at training camp. If Kindl outplays him at camp, then I expect Schultz to be benched, sent down, or traded.

If we sign suter Schultz and Quincey that's a pretty damn good D lineup with a lot of upside... Doubt we get Schultz but I say sign Quincey... The guy would be an awesome bottom pairing and able to move up the lineup. Don't judge him on the few months he's played here. The guy is talented and young and will probably shut a lot of guys up with his play once he's settled in Detroit... He looked very nervous and hell have something to prove this uear

Let's not forget that Schultz's cap hit isn't a $3.8-million albatross the club has to safeguard against (like stating above, he may only hit $1.8-million total w/achievable bonuses), because of cap overage allowance. The Wings ran into that a couple years ago with some vets hitting performance bonuses when the team was already close to the cap:

http://capgeek.com/faq/what-s-a-bonus-overage.php

I typed Justin Schultz in Google and the first four suggestions that come up:

Justin Schultz hockeydb

Justin Schultz hockey

Justin Schultz Red Wings

Justin Schultz Wisconsin

....kizmit? :ninja: I hope so!

Don't get too excited. Google organizes suggestions based on location, recent searches, etc.

Meanwhile, are there any links showing his play?

PS Just found few on youtube. I'm f.... impressed. Patience + accuracy makes wonders. How good is he on defense?

Edited by RusDRW

This kid is a real deal. The skills he possesses is rediculous. My hair will turn gray by July 1st. I hope Kenny cares for the health of Red Wings fans and signs this kid first thing in the morning.

By the way it should be easy. All he needs is the Wings logo on his beautiful red and white jersey.

Go Wings !

Edited by arag

Let's not forget that Schultz's cap hit isn't a $3.8-million albatross the club has to safeguard against (like stating above, he may only hit $1.8-million total w/achievable bonuses), because of cap overage allowance. The Wings ran into that a couple years ago with some vets hitting performance bonuses when the team was already close to the cap:

http://capgeek.com/f...nus-overage.php

At this time, since there is no new CBA yet, there is no bonus cushion. There may be one once a new CBA is reached, but for now we have to figure on bonuses being factored the same as any other salary, at least until they become impossible to earn.

That is even better...I just would like to have it done before he turns 35 to avoid that issue if he cannot fulfill the contract...

Two things: You can't sign a new contract until the final year of the existing contract (after July 1st of next year), and even if you could, the 35+ clause goes by the age of the player in the first year of the new contract, not the age when the contract is signed. Though the next CBA may not even have a 35+ clause anyway.

does anyone remember the day we all found out that the wings had hasek, hull, robitaille signed? tingles....right?

yea...we need that again.

brunner

schultz

suter

parise

prust

tingles? yea....then we can all bicker who should be the backup goalie for a week.

does anyone remember the day we all found out that the wings had hasek, hull, robitaille signed? tingles....right?

yea...we need that again.

brunner

schultz

suter

parise

prust

tingles? yea....then we can all bicker who should be the backup goalie for a week.

Chris Mason seems like a pretty good option to me with the Jets having Pavelec signed and Gustafsson in the mix now.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/tmr/comments/red_wings_late_evening_news_on_chelios_schultz_and_parise/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Here some updates on Schultz, etc....

Interesting that Schultz's head coach in Wisconsin....Mike Eaves, none other than Patrick Eaves dad...Seems like there is another connection going for us! :lol: I don't think that will matter, but it is kinda cool!

http://www.kuklaskor..._medium=twitter

Here some updates on Schultz, etc....

Interesting that Schultz's head coach in Wisconsin....Mike Eaves, none other than Patrick Eaves dad...Seems like there is another connection going for us! :lol: I don't think that will matter, but it is kinda cool!

If Eaves's "dinner buddy" calls him would it be tampering? :taunt:

esteef

I keep hearing Keith Yandle's name bounced around in trade talks. At 5.2 million through 2015, would any of you rather have him than Suter? I think I would depending on what we'd have to give up to get him.

I realize this isn't the ideal place to ask that question but I didn't want to start my very own Yandle thread.

Edited by kipwinger