• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Red Wings make contract offer to D Justin Schultz

Rate this topic

I keep hearing Keith Yandle's name bounced around in trade talks. At 5.2 million through 2015, would any of you rather have him than Suter? I think I would depending on what we'd have to give up to get him.

I like Suters all around game better personally.

I like Suters all around game better personally.

Well Suter is definitely better defensively, but I don't know if he's 2 million dollars better defensively. He's certainly no better (or much worse) offensively.

Well Suter is definitely better defensively, but I don't know if he's 2 million dollars better defensively. He's certainly no better (or much worse) offensively.

Yandle will put up more pts but I would rather just shell out the cash to get Suter than give up assets for Yandle.

Per Bob McKenzie

26 NHL teams have expressed interest in UFA dman Justin Schultz, a shortlist of 5, give or take a team or two, likely by this afternoon.
No teams invited yet to meet/present/offer Schultz but EDM for sure and quite likely VAN have management people in TOR waiting for chance.
Schultz can't formally sign contract until Sunday July 1 but I'd be surprised if he hasn't picked his new team before then.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Ok lets guess the teams...Detroit, Detroit, Detroit, Detroit, Detroit, Detroit.

Ok seriously...Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto, Detroit, Rangers?

Ok lets guess the teams...Detroit, Detroit, Detroit, Detroit, Detroit, Detroit.

Ok seriously...Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto, Detroit, Rangers?

Sadly it's probably more like: Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal

It appears Holland has said that he will guarantee Schultz a roster spot. Come on Kenny! That's more like it!

yes, if Schultz chooses Detroit, he will be given a top 6 spot....it will be his to lose, despite what some users think. Holland has to negotiate tough and be shrewd enough to get what he feels he needs....and sell Detroit in the best way he knows how... Smith and Schultz will be tremendous together!

yes, if Schultz chooses Detroit, he will be given a top 6 spot....it will be his to lose, despite what some users think. Holland has to negotiate tough and be shrewd enough to get what he feels he needs....and sell Detroit in the best way he knows how... Smith and Schultz will be tremendous together!

Even though they both played together in college, I'd be surprised if they were a pair in Detroit. First, they both play the same time of offensive game. Second, I don't see Babcock putting two rookies on the same pairing.

Even though they both played together in college, I'd be surprised if they were a pair in Detroit. First, they both play the same time of offensive game. Second, I don't see Babcock putting two rookies on the same pairing.

"The Badgers program has produced impending NHL free agent Ryan Suter along with fellow defencemen Ryan McDonagh, Jake Gardiner and Red Wings prospect Brendan Smith, whom Holland said he wouldn’t have a problem seeing in the opening night lineup next season along with Schultz."

"The Badgers program has produced impending NHL free agent Ryan Suter along with fellow defencemen Ryan McDonagh, Jake Gardiner and Red Wings prospect Brendan Smith, whom Holland said he wouldn’t have a problem seeing in the opening night lineup next season along with Schultz."

I had no idea that Ken Holland was the Executive Vice President, General Manager, and now Head Coach of the Detroit Red Wings. Thank you very much for illuminating me about who creates the lineups.

WTF? So guaranteed top minutes in Detroit is not enough? Well, this guy has officially went from one of the most wanted players to the most hated...Here's to a a garbage career!

I got this eerie feeling we are going to be disappointed all off season........just a feeling...

Well here's hoping it goes the way of Brunnstrom, some big fish in a small pond who's in for a rude awakening. It would definitely be pretty sweet to see him begging for a pro try-out in a few years. In retrospect he was probably bad news the second he felt like he was too good to play with All-Stars, Olympians, MVP's, and Stanley Cup Champions like Getzlaf, Ryan, Hiller, and Perry.