25 replies to this topic

#21 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

Whose parade would be longer?

I think parking lots are bigger out west.

#22 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

New Jersey 101.5.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#23 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

Spolier Alert: sometimes, the best team doesn't always win.

This notion may have some merit if this were a one game-championship game..but even in this case, the best is the team that does what is required to advance/win at that particular point in time.

However, in a best of seven series such as the NHL, I 100% completely disagree with you (respectfully). The best team always wins.
ENJOY THE RIDE

#24 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

I concur. The best team does always win in a 7 game series. If another team beats you 4 times in 7 games or less then they were better. The Kings and Devils are the 2 best teams in the NHL. For this season anyways.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#25 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

This notion may have some merit if this were a one game-championship game..but even in this case, the best is the team that does what is required to advance/win at that particular point in time.

However, in a best of seven series such as the NHL, I 100% completely disagree with you (respectfully). The best team always wins.

I concur. The best team does always win in a 7 game series. If another team beats you 4 times in 7 games or less then they were better. The Kings and Devils are the 2 best teams in the NHL. For this season anyways.

Come on now....you guys seriously believe that they are hands down the best teams in the NHL this year? Mayyyyyybeeee the best teams in the "playoffs". There is a whole lot of factors that go in to winning in the playoffs too, you don't win 4 out of 7 games on pure "betterness".....if the better team always won the wings would never lose to teams like Columbus....but it happens, and sometimes it happens 4 out of 7 times. All the right factors seem to have come together at the right time for these two, and they've played really good in the playoffs. Doesn't always mean they're the best teams out there, though one will have bragging rights for a year yes.

#26 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

I think this year they probably are the best teams out there at the moment. Only because the best teams all collectively took a dive. I don't anticipate the Kings or the Devils contending over the next few years. Maybe the Kings will return, but they both have this Anaheim vs. Ottawa vibe going for them.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.