• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

LGW vs Rangers boards on elimination night

Rate this topic

It struck me in reading a long-time Rangers fan board after their loss to New Jersey the other night. Like LGW I was reading the board of a high profile team, an Original Six team, and a team that had a lot expected of it board on elimination night just as I have done on those nights it happens to the Wings. I think you'll find it interesting to compare certain types of posters to people here, the overall tone and tenor of things and I did get a chuckle out of several of the more Dr. Smith on Lost in Space doomsday comments as I recall similar ones here.

I'm not trying to denigrate anyone or crap on the Rangers but reading that evening sure sounded familiar. Our story begins with post #125 at the bottom of this page referencing Henrique taking a puck to the nard area and feeling man pain earlier in the game but returning for glory:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1196487&page=5

HFboards=/=LGW even if they go crazier than a bag of rats in a burning meth lab its still HFboards and they have a lot more bandwagoners.

I've noticed that a lot of the bad franchises fans dont freak out that much....i think theyre either used to being bad, or the only diehard fans they have left are the extreme optimists lol

Of course on the other end of the spectrum the sites/fans of good franchises tend to be a lot more melt down prone....People just get spoiled by success and expect to be in the cup finals every year, and when theyre not, they panic and freak out....It's expected. That being said though LGW is one of the best....of course we have our chicken littles too, but most of the fans here can keep a cool head like Kenny. Praise LGW!!!!

No good team should be freaking out this year. New Jersey and LA made it. People should finally be realizing that in the playoffs....anything can happen.

Hardly understand the attitude of the better team lost thinking, if you lost you weren't the better team, period. People can blame injuries, officiating and stars not shining all they want but at the end if you lose 4 games the other team deservingly won.

That said I really love this board from the first day I didn't feel like a newbie having to answer stupid question like ,,oh no you just joined so what do you know?" I think its the best hockeyboard on the internet. Sure, people get angry and down with this team as do other fans but thats part of being a fan. Fans of weaker teams might be used to the losing or simple stopped to care and really you cant blame them, take Edmonton or the Islanders their management is complete crap and yet the owners are giving them extension ad nauseum. The worst boards I have seen is the Leafs one when they are losing its like "fire this guy, bring in that guy tank it and start from the bottom again" absolutely crazy stuff.

Guest Crymson

Hardly understand the attitude of the better team lost thinking, if you lost you weren't the better team, period. People can blame injuries, officiating and stars not shining all they want but at the end if you lose 4 games the other team deservingly won.

This really isn't the case.

This really isn't the case.

It pretty much is.

i know a lot of Wings fans still can't swallow losses like to the Ducks and Sharks, but over the course of a seven game series, the team who is truly better should be able to overcome fluke bounces, injuries, etc. When the Wings won the Cup in 2008, they were fortunate to be healthy, faced some teams with pretty serious injuries, and got some bounces. That's hockey. They were still the better team.

A bounce here or there does not decide a series. And if it does, then it's pretty clear there wasn't really a team that was clearly better anyway.

I bet they say this stuff on every team's forum.

That's what happens when you're angry and have a keyboard in front of you at the same time.

Agreed.

The stuff people type right after their team has been scored on or lost usually isn't how they actually feel once the incoherent rage has subsided. Forums would be a whole different place if there was like a 15 minute lockout on posting after your team was scored on, and a day lockout after your team lost. :D

No good team should be freaking out this year. New Jersey and LA made it. People should finally be realizing that in the playoffs....anything can happen.

It's definitely fair to say that the last CBA evened the playing ground in a measurable way even outside of the regular season. We've seen regular season parity for a while now but playoff parity has never been more apparent.