• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2012 SCF : Los Angeles Kings vs. New Jersey Devils

Rate this topic

both games werent that good. Glad the Kings won though. Yay.

Agreed.

As happy as I am that the Kings won, the actual games haven't been very good. They're letting so much interference go that it's gotten a little ridiculous out there.

And as much as I would like Parise on the Wings, I'm disappointed to see him flopping a couple times tonight.

Agreed.

As happy as I am that the Kings won, the actual games haven't been very good. They're letting so much interference go that it's gotten a little ridiculous out there.

And as much as I would like Parise on the Wings, I'm disappointed to see him flopping a couple times tonight.

No doubt. Thought there was a ton of interference on New Jersey's part tonight that wasn't called. Oh well. To LA we go.

Question: If the Devs win this series and their 4th Stanley Cup, do you see them as equal with the Wings in terms of dominance for the past 15-20 years?

Nope. Wings win 4 Cups in 11 years. Devils would be 4 in 17. Also consider that the Devils actually missed the playoffs twice during that span (once being the season immediately following their first Cup).

this kings team have such a great story, being the 8th seed beating the first seed 2nd seed and 3rd seed with dominance. And never winning a cup before. Id love it if they won the cup. you wont ever hear me say that about another team that isnt the wings.

as for the officals. Who cares. Kings are over 94% PK and under 9% PP. No goals are going to be scored on special teams

Edited by brett

Guest Hatethedrake!

Don Cherry said last night that the Devils are playing scared hockey right now. I don't know if they are scared, however, this series reminds me of the Wings-Preds. The Wings would have the puck but it was always on the perimeter of the ice and not really threatening the Preds goal. I see the same thing happening in this series. Long distance bad angle shots have made Quick's life fairly easy out there. The Kings are letting the Devils skate around all they like on the outside and when the puck goes in front of the net or in the corners, LA is laying a beating on the Devs forwards and dmen. I agree with Cherry that if NJ is going to make this series then Kovalchuk and Parise and Zajac have to become more physically involved and not be satisfied to take the easy outside ice. Their speed should draw some penalties if they attack the middle of the ice. LA is winning the physical battle out there. NJ has played alot more games than LA has in these playoffs and you have to think this will be a factor going forward.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

I know it's the Cup finals, but the level of interference is nuts. Picks being set all over the place, pinning guys against the boards well after the puck has gone. One hand off the stick grabbing guys in puck battles.

I know the GM's are talking about potential rule changes regarding shot blocking to open up the game. But it's not the shot blocking. Just call the interference closer to how it was in the regular season. A defensive zone faceoff for either team is basically a ruby scrum.

Somebody touched Marty, PENALTY!!!!!

esteef

It's amazing considering the first two games Quick literally had guys laying on him while he was making saves.

Brown to Kopitar what a pass and shot.

Parise's the one who quit on the play and allowed Kopitar to get open.

And just as you'd expect from the good 'ol NHL these days, the refs are doing everything they possibly can to try to give NJ the advantage and get the, back into it by calling the game as unevenly as they possibly can.

And apparantly so much as even look at Marty and its a penalty...but take a run at Quick? Its all good, no penalty.

Including the double, what is that, 7 penalties they've called on LA now? And how many against NJ? One or two? And the one didn't even put LA up a man, just evened it up.

Edited by sleepwalker

I was hoping for 2 things this series. 1) a one sided drubbing from LA. 2) a poor showing from Parise to make the fanbase somewhat disdainful of him so he gets let go easier (ala, us with Hossa after 09).

Looking good thusfar!

1 more loss then he can come over to the Dark Side...