• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2012 SCF : Los Angeles Kings vs. New Jersey Devils

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

NBC feed has been blacked out over here.

Has Doc cried yet? His Devs on the brink of getting sweptyowza.gif

Another win for the Kings. Well done ! LA needs the Stanley Cup. That would be huge for the sport of hockey here in LA. I hope fans here will finally understand what it takes to win in this great sport.

Go Kings !

BOOM!!!

Those last two LA power play goals are what some might call the justice of the Hockey Gods for the refs spending the first two periods trying to give NJ some goals by giving them no less than SIX power plays (including a 4 minute and a 5 on 3) while giving LA a whopping ZERO power plays in the same two periods. Yeah, no bias there, lol.

Devils fans are whining about the reffing on that first goal the Kings scored. Brodeur had it covered from the way it looked and yet the refs let the Kings jam away at Brodeur. Guess the refs can't make anyone happy. :D

I'm not surprised at all. The Kings really are making it look easy. 15-2 in the playoffs, as the 8th seed. Very, impressive.

Just further proof that it doesn't matter if its a #1 seed or an #8 seed. In the new NHL, parity is everything. This will be the first time in Stanley Cup history that a #6, #7, or #8 seeded team has won the Cup. I wouldn't doubt that we will see it again in the next 5-10 years with the parity in the league.

Devils fans are whining about the reffing on that first goal the Kings scored. Brodeur had it covered from the way it looked and yet the refs let the Kings jam away at Brodeur. Guess the refs can't make anyone happy. :D

that first goal was a momentum killer for the Devils, but didn't account for the other 3 goals. ;)

at any rate, LA has the momentum and I hope they finish this in game 4.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I love it. The Kings beat the Devils and the refs. Reminds me of back during the Wings Cup runs they were able to do the same. Beat the opponents and the refs.

that first goal was a momentum killer for the Devils, but didn't account for the other 3 goals. ;)

at any rate, LA has the momentum and I hope they finish this in game 4.

I agree. Broduer may have a right to be a little pissy, but its hard to win games when your team doesn't score a single goal.

These playoffs have been largely anti-competitive. Not saying they are bad, but compared to the last 5 years or so where every series was a grind-out, balls to the wall competition, this year has been really, really dull, unless you are a fan of these teams, I guess.

And 15-2 is insane, especially for an 8th seed. How did they luck out like that? It just doesn't make sense. I know they're playing well, but great teams don't even go 15-2. They could easily have gone 16-0, but no one could consider this team one of the greatest ever. Just bizarre...but I hope they sweep the Devils.

Edited by VM1138

Guest Hatethedrake!

It isn't the best hockey in the world but this is what today's NHL is. Call the game 1 way during the season and then it's Hudson Bay rules in the Cup Final. It's been this way for decades now. It's just that the teams are not as deep anymore. The quality has gone down each season. There are still very good players in the league but it's more spread out now. You have to play a defensive trap style to succeed in the playoffs. Big wingers are more important now with the style of play which is being used by most teams. The Kings have size and skill and they wear their opponents down. The main key to success however is the Kings players ability to score big goals at key times. All Cup champs have this. Things have lined up well for LA. They got on a roll, are healthy, confident, deep. Their best players have come through. Their goalie has been lights out. I give them credit. They found their identity and have maximized on their potential. They get the most out of the players on their team. The 15-2 record can be attributed to a few things. They are a well balanced team with no glaring weakness except for their PP maybe. Then again, they did score 2 PP goals last night. They have a legit #1 stud dman in Doughty which all Cup teams must have. They roll 4 lines and their 4th line has come up big at key times. They wear other teams out. When you can throw a 4th line out there and not hurt you then that enables you to rest your 1st and 2nd line guys so it essentially makes the rest of the team more energized. Remember how Maltby-Draper-McCarty would always come up with key goals and key penalty kills for the Wings in their Cup runs. Quick has given them a chance to win during times when they have been outplayed. He's done it in each series. So LA has been able to hang around at times and then get those clutch key goals when they needed to. I've never seen a team have so much time off between each round which has kept them healthy. LA is the best team this year. No question about it and they are deserving Cup champions.

These playoffs have been largely anti-competitive. Not saying they are bad, but compared to the last 5 years or so where every series was a grind-out, balls to the wall competition, this year has been really, really dull, unless you are a fan of these teams, I guess.

And 15-2 is insane, especially for an 8th seed. How did they luck out like that? It just doesn't make sense. I know they're playing well, but great teams don't even go 15-2. They could easily have gone 16-0, but no one could consider this team one of the greatest ever. Just bizarre...but I hope they sweep the Devils.

Call it karma.

Call it luck.

You can say they have the momentum.

You can also say they got hot at the right time.

I think that everything just worked out for them this year. I don't know if they are setup for a championship next season or not, because I thought Boston was loaded to repeat. That didn't work out for them. There hasn't been a back to back champion in the NHL since the Wings did it in 97 and 98. With the parity in the NHL, I think we will be lucky to see that happen again in our lifetimes.

Guest Hatethedrake!

0605-jersey-shore-kings-getty-2.jpg

Jersey Snore. Yeah that's how I'd describe their performance in the SCF so far. Marty "the situation" Brodeur, JPOW Parise and Kooki Kovie are just not getting it done.

I will go out and say ever since the first round, I found the playoffs boring. You could say "Oh the Red Wings lost in the 1st round blah blah blah". No, I just find the rest of the matchups rather boring and uninteresting to me.

Still.. Go Kings!

Ouch.

That's why the refs should have been instructed to allow the Rangers in the Final. (Like the NBA)

Hope the league is enjoying these ratings. Those "fans" in LA won't even know who Bettman is to boo him tomorrow night during the Cup presentation.

Guest irishock

Rags deserved the cup this year. Outplayed either of these SCF teams for the entire season. And Original 6 teams winning the cup trend continues.

From TSN:

Few NHL players have more experience in the Stanley Cup finals than Petr Sykora, and the New Jersey Devils might be ready to give him a chance.

Sykora expects to be in the lineup for Game 4 on Wednesday night after sitting out the first three games of the finals as a healthy scratch. The two-time NHL champion hasn't played since Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals on May 19.

The last name of the Devils' Head Coach is also an indication of how they've played so far.

Why do people care so much about the ratings? I couldn't give less about it and guess what such a perfect execution by the Kings was fun in its own way. Yeah I know we are out but yo ugotta give credit where its due and the Kings so far deserve a lot of that save for Brown.

Because ratings do generally indicate the quality of the playoffs for one. Even hockey fans aren't tuning in because they aren't interested. We need people to watch hockey to A) keep it on TV and B) keep enough revenue coming in to keep the NHL solvent.

It's not that hard. We don't care about other people accepting our sport, we just want to keep interest high enough to guarantee a high quality league.