• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

#181 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

The Kings are skating around waiting for something to happen rather than trying to make something happen.

Kind of like the Red Wings in Game 7 in the 2009 Cup Final vs Pitt?
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#182 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

Toronto Star.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#183 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

Toronto Star.

You are a wealth of information and I almost always appreciate your links, but it would be great if you could provide a quick blurb as to what your links relate to when you post them.

What these journalists don't explore often if at all are the teams that were involved and possible reasons why ratings are higher or lower than previous years. You could spend a couple pages at least exploring those reasons alone.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#184 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:36 AM

Go Kings.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#185 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:11 AM

OK Kings, let's try this again.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#186 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

I read worst ratings since 04.

#187 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

Eh missing the game tonight damn due to work. Still want to see the Kings close this out asap. July 1st is coming ladies and gentlemen....

#188 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

Going to the Tigers - Reds game tonight at GABP so hopefully I'll be back in time to catch the puck drop. I'll say the Kings will finish this off and become the new Stanley Cup Champions.

#189 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

No surprises. The NHL has been unbearable to watch this year. s***tiest officiating in history, boring small market teams advancing, inconsistent match banning...

Why the hell would anyone want to watch a Western Conference final 4 of Nashville, St.Louis, LA and Phoenix? Next year better be Detroit/Vancouver/Chicago/San Jose.

bringit.jpg

#190 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

Refs help the Devils tonight, back to LA we go.

#Revenue
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#191 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

If the Kings end up winning the cup (which I am sure they will) I would like it to be in LA actually. Winning the cup on home ice is just a million times better, having your fans there going crazy. If the Devils can pull a miracle they would obviously be winning on home ice as well.

Posted Image

#192 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,661 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

Coming off two straight Finals with great ratings. Mostly due to original 6 teams playing in each.

The ratings would have been higher if Jersey hadn't spoiled the party. Considering how they've played in these Finals so far, it's been a big waste for the league.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#193 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

If the Kings end up winning the cup (which I am sure they will) I would like it to be in LA actually. Winning the cup on home ice is just a million times better, having your fans there going crazy. If the Devils can pull a miracle they would obviously be winning on home ice as well.

I would absolutely have preferred the Kings to win at home as well, and to get that sweep. However, the more I think about it, it wouldn't break my heart to have them celebrate on NJ home ice, just to satisfy the evil part of me. It would definitely be better for the Kings to take it at home though.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#194 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

I was afraid LA would face their first real adversity in the finals. If they lose tonight, they may panic. Let's finish it tonight!

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#195 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

The salesmen are back to work!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#196 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:53 PM

Kings are dominating overall, but a bad call and a terrible play by Quick and they're down by one. frustrating.

#197 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

I don't know that the Kings are dominating overall - from what I've seen, they're playing much like the Wings, moments of brillance, moments of sitting back. And that "power play" was all the Devils.

Maybe I'm wrong and just expected the Kings to come out and spank NJ all the way to the draft and so am disappointed, but NJ's defense definitely came to play tonight. Their checking is phenominal.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#198 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

I don't know that the Kings are dominating overall - from what I've seen, they're playing much like the Wings, moments of brillance, moments of sitting back. And that "power play" was all the Devils.

Maybe I'm wrong and just expected the Kings to come out and spank NJ all the way to the draft and so am disappointed, but NJ's defense definitely came to play tonight. Their checking is phenominal.

I think they were at the time I posted it, but it's been much more back and forth since then.

Kings have hit three or four posts tonight and Jersey has the go ahead goal off a bounce off Voynov. Jersey's defense is good and Kings aren't getting any bounces.

#199 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

I would absolutely have preferred the Kings to win at home as well, and to get that sweep. However, the more I think about it, it wouldn't break my heart to have them celebrate on NJ home ice, just to satisfy the evil part of me. It would definitely be better for the Kings to take it at home though.

Well if this score stands it looks as if they might be heading home to close it out, or back to Jersey for game 7. If it goes back to Jersey, go Devils! I wanted them all along, Brodeur is my all time favorite goalie so I'd love to see him win. After being down 3-0 I figured it was all but over. Anyways if the Kings must win, hope it comes in game 6 then.

Posted Image

#200 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

oh, and I don't like Parise after his taunt on the first goal. It makes me want the Kings to win even more so he can choke on it.