unofficial source but... lol

lol the Ryan Suter liking it to top it off :D

#322 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:29 AM

This certainly wasn't as exciting as last year's finals. I remember there was WAY more activity on LGW during the Vancouver/Boston finals as well. I wonder if it would have been better as a NYR/LA finals. NJ just didn't capture my attention at all.

#323 Supface

Supface

Rookie

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:08 AM

#324 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:24 AM

The refs non-call, then 5 minute major for Kings to go up 3-0 really cheapens this win for me.

#325 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:36 AM

just watching the highlights of the game on TSN website... really awkward to hear Kings crowd not only not booing Gary The Commish - they actually cheer him when he talks about great fans... Posted Image

I mean... that would never happen in good ol' Canada ;) it's just... celebration unfulfilled, like missing a crucial point...

kudos for LA for winning the cup. they were the best team, period.

Edited by akustyk, 12 June 2012 - 02:39 AM.

#326 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:18 AM

just watching the highlights of the game on TSN website... really awkward to hear Kings crowd not only not booing Gary The Commish - they actually cheer him when he talks about great fans... Posted Image

The fans that were actually there havent been bandwagoning long enough to know everyone is supposed to boo bettman

Good for them though. Nice run and seemmingly good squad of guys. I wont mind seeing the Kings lifting the cup on all the promos for the coming season. I can think of others that I hate..
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#327 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:04 AM

Let's not be hockey snobs, folks. This was an amazing run and gathered a lot of attention in what is potentially one of the biggest markets. The fans rallied and many will probably stick around. It's a great thing for the game. Plus, there is nothing Chris Prongerish about this team. They played their hearts out and earned it, so I have no problem with the cup going to southern California for a year.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#328 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

Posted Image

This is what I was waiting for:

Posted Image

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#329 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

unofficial source but... lol

:lol:
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#330 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

Make no mistake, the best team won the cup thats for sure. Glad to see them win it. Now, its going to be a long summer with no hockey.

Maybe the Tigers can turn things around and give us a good run to the playoffs.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#331 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

Great to see the Kings win the cup!! Congrats to them they deserved it :thumbup: Me seeing the Kings hoist the cup really made me want to see the Wings be doing the same thing next year.

And how amazing is it that the Wings are still the last team to win back to back cups :clap:
IPB Image

#332 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

I'm so sick of hearing about the "non-call". That f***** dove and he knew it. And so did the ref. Bunch of f***in divers. Glad they lost.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#333 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

best part of this stanley cup was seeing this man raise it

Posted Image
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#334 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

Posted Image
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#335 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

Here's a video I made on the Kings' Stanley Cup Final Series. Watch in HD.

#336 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

Here's a video I made on the Kings' Stanley Cup Final Series. Watch in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp5FmJoSFhc

Nice video! I was upset however you didn't include Taylor Stevens in your video. I thought for sure she would of made the final cut! :hehe:

Especially when 2Pac says "shake it mama" ;)

Posted Image

#337 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

I'm so darn proud of them. I've been watching them a lot over the past 3 years when the Wings had the night off, so it's nice to see good things come to people you've gotten to "know" pretty well. It's not like getting to see the Wings win a Cup, but still, when you've watched somebody put a lot of hard work into something, it's cool to see it pay off for them. I'm really glad they got to win at home, too...as much as I didn't want them to lose Game 5 at the time, now I can look back and know it happened for the best.

On the subject of bandwagon fans, I'm sure they have a ton of them, but I've met enough real Kings fans to know that they're a great fanbase even if there aren't as many of them as there are Wings or Leafs fans, so I'm happy that they get to have this moment. They didn't have to be hockey fans - they're the lucky few if their parents steered them toward it - but they are by their own choice, and now they get to experience the full glory of being one. That's great to see, and makes up for all the last-second jerks who piled on for the playoffs.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#338 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,132 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:37 AM

Wish we had a Dustin Brown.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#339 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

Good to see that New Jersey didn't riot either
IPB Image

#340 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

I think it was kind of exciting to watch the underdog come out of nowhere and beat 3 top seeds and then win the cup. The way that they did it was amazing.

But who thinks it is good for hockey? Because I think it isn't. I don't mean to be so negative, but come on. I think it's a statement on how the parity in the league sucks. I don't think a team like that should be winning the cup. How can you look at a team like the 2002 wings or even the avalanche at the time and then have the same bunch of no-names that probably won't even make the playoffs next year win the cup?

I'm not trying to bash, and I'm definitely not trying to put LA down specifically, but more in general, why are the wings trying to go after high priced talent then when it is looking more and more like what it takes to win is really just grit and speed? Most people have no idea of ANY of the players on the kings. Is there really a superstar? Maybe one in the making, but right now is there really one?

I guess I just miss having two high talented teams going at it. I know I know...spilled milk. Sorry.

I just think we are in for more of these kinds of teams winning the cup.

It's crazy how essentially every highly offensive skilled team went out in round 1 this year. Is this just an aberation or is it a sign of more to come?

Edited by Firehawk, 13 June 2012 - 09:03 PM.

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.