• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

#121 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

As much as I want to see the Kings win for their franchise and so we can get Parise, I don't think I can handle the bandwagon Kings fans and instant hockey fans that will come with them winning. I live two hours out of LA, and hockey is completely overshadowed by basketball and football. I guess it can't be avoided now though; bring on the douchey bandwagoners.

Edit: The Parise comment is me hoping. Posted Image

Edited by CaliforniaWingsFan, 04 June 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#122 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

Love seeing the Devils get it handed to them. One more win for the Kings. :)

#123 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

I'm not surprised at all. The Kings really are making it look easy. 15-2 in the playoffs, as the 8th seed. Very, impressive.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#124 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

If they sweep Quick should get to slap everybody in the handshake line!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#125 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:30 PM

Quick for conn smythe
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#126 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

NBC feed has been blacked out over here.

Has Doc cried yet? His Devs on the brink of getting sweptPosted Image

bringit.jpg

#127 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

This game was by far the best in the series. That 5-3 that the Kings killed was the turning point in the game imo. Good for them. GET THE BROOMS OUT FOR A SWEEP FOR LORD STANLEY :D

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 05 June 2012 - 12:31 AM.

#128 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 802 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:15 AM

Another win for the Kings. Well done ! LA needs the Stanley Cup. That would be huge for the sport of hockey here in LA. I hope fans here will finally understand what it takes to win in this great sport.
Go Kings !

#129 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:30 AM

15 - 2 thats so impressive this is a rising beast on good contracts. Sadly there parade will look like the "parade" Anaheim had *rotfl*

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#130 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:44 AM

BOOM!!!

Those last two LA power play goals are what some might call the justice of the Hockey Gods for the refs spending the first two periods trying to give NJ some goals by giving them no less than SIX power plays (including a 4 minute and a 5 on 3) while giving LA a whopping ZERO power plays in the same two periods. Yeah, no bias there, lol.

Devils fans are whining about the reffing on that first goal the Kings scored. Brodeur had it covered from the way it looked and yet the refs let the Kings jam away at Brodeur. Guess the refs can't make anyone happy. :D
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#131 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

I'm not surprised at all. The Kings really are making it look easy. 15-2 in the playoffs, as the 8th seed. Very, impressive.

Just further proof that it doesn't matter if its a #1 seed or an #8 seed. In the new NHL, parity is everything. This will be the first time in Stanley Cup history that a #6, #7, or #8 seeded team has won the Cup. I wouldn't doubt that we will see it again in the next 5-10 years with the parity in the league.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#132 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,501 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

Devils fans are whining about the reffing on that first goal the Kings scored. Brodeur had it covered from the way it looked and yet the refs let the Kings jam away at Brodeur. Guess the refs can't make anyone happy. :D

that first goal was a momentum killer for the Devils, but didn't account for the other 3 goals. ;)

at any rate, LA has the momentum and I hope they finish this in game 4.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#133 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:57 AM

I love it. The Kings beat the Devils and the refs. Reminds me of back during the Wings Cup runs they were able to do the same. Beat the opponents and the refs.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#134 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

I say get the brooms out for Wednesday
IPB Image

#135 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

that first goal was a momentum killer for the Devils, but didn't account for the other 3 goals. ;)

at any rate, LA has the momentum and I hope they finish this in game 4.

I agree. Broduer may have a right to be a little pissy, but its hard to win games when your team doesn't score a single goal.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#136 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

These playoffs have been largely anti-competitive. Not saying they are bad, but compared to the last 5 years or so where every series was a grind-out, balls to the wall competition, this year has been really, really dull, unless you are a fan of these teams, I guess.

And 15-2 is insane, especially for an 8th seed. How did they luck out like that? It just doesn't make sense. I know they're playing well, but great teams don't even go 15-2. They could easily have gone 16-0, but no one could consider this team one of the greatest ever. Just bizarre...but I hope they sweep the Devils.

Edited by VM1138, 05 June 2012 - 11:01 AM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#137 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

It isn't the best hockey in the world but this is what today's NHL is. Call the game 1 way during the season and then it's Hudson Bay rules in the Cup Final. It's been this way for decades now. It's just that the teams are not as deep anymore. The quality has gone down each season. There are still very good players in the league but it's more spread out now. You have to play a defensive trap style to succeed in the playoffs. Big wingers are more important now with the style of play which is being used by most teams. The Kings have size and skill and they wear their opponents down. The main key to success however is the Kings players ability to score big goals at key times. All Cup champs have this. Things have lined up well for LA. They got on a roll, are healthy, confident, deep. Their best players have come through. Their goalie has been lights out. I give them credit. They found their identity and have maximized on their potential. They get the most out of the players on their team. The 15-2 record can be attributed to a few things. They are a well balanced team with no glaring weakness except for their PP maybe. Then again, they did score 2 PP goals last night. They have a legit #1 stud dman in Doughty which all Cup teams must have. They roll 4 lines and their 4th line has come up big at key times. They wear other teams out. When you can throw a 4th line out there and not hurt you then that enables you to rest your 1st and 2nd line guys so it essentially makes the rest of the team more energized. Remember how Maltby-Draper-McCarty would always come up with key goals and key penalty kills for the Wings in their Cup runs. Quick has given them a chance to win during times when they have been outplayed. He's done it in each series. So LA has been able to hang around at times and then get those clutch key goals when they needed to. I've never seen a team have so much time off between each round which has kept them healthy. LA is the best team this year. No question about it and they are deserving Cup champions.

#138 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

These playoffs have been largely anti-competitive. Not saying they are bad, but compared to the last 5 years or so where every series was a grind-out, balls to the wall competition, this year has been really, really dull, unless you are a fan of these teams, I guess.

And 15-2 is insane, especially for an 8th seed. How did they luck out like that? It just doesn't make sense. I know they're playing well, but great teams don't even go 15-2. They could easily have gone 16-0, but no one could consider this team one of the greatest ever. Just bizarre...but I hope they sweep the Devils.

Call it karma.
Call it luck.
You can say they have the momentum.
You can also say they got hot at the right time.

I think that everything just worked out for them this year. I don't know if they are setup for a championship next season or not, because I thought Boston was loaded to repeat. That didn't work out for them. There hasn't been a back to back champion in the NHL since the Wings did it in 97 and 98. With the parity in the NHL, I think we will be lucky to see that happen again in our lifetimes.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#139 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

Posted Image

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#140 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

Posted Image

Jersey Snore. Yeah that's how I'd describe their performance in the SCF so far. Marty "the situation" Brodeur, JPOW Parise and Kooki Kovie are just not getting it done.