• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Nice Khan article previewing the off-season

Rate this topic

Hey look, Khan throw out he very same names i did 2 weeks ago. Ok guys go flame on him now..... LOL

Nicky retiring is his last great gift to the RW. Frees up a ton of money. We need to spend about 8 million to keep helm, Abby, and Quincey. That will leave 12-17 left to spend, and provide depth that we lack. Yes we could shoot for the stars at Suter and parise, or go for numbers and get 4 guys out of the second teir. Not sure how it will play out, no one is. But think about these 2 groups. Current roster plus Suter and parise OR current roster plus say Wideman, garrison, Doan and Jones. OR we focus on the blueline only this year, and load up on the forward lines next year which is a very deep class. Take the current roster and add Suter and Wideman. That is a very deep blueline, that also frees up players of value to trade for forwards that are pending UFA's in the 2013 class. Point is, while Nicky retiring may suck emotionaly, in the long run it can and should be to our great benefit.

Uh...it will not cost any more than $3M total for Helm and Abby and that is estimating high. More like $2.5M....second Quincey won't even be here unless he accepts Holland qualifying offer of $3.125M...Holland would be stupid to pass up on getting a 1st and a 3rd pick for losing Quincey. Quincey will get offers of $3.5M+ and that is too much for where he is going to fall on the Red Wings pecking order and that is #5/#6...

Edited by LeftWinger

I'm going to start a "Just Say No to Alex Semin" campaign here soon... I don't get the appeal at all.

+1 to Prust.

It seems like i'm making similar replies in similar threads all the time these days.

Free Agency is officially one month away guys, all this will be over soon.

ha ha wow, there is no way those 3 cost $8M

Ummm yes. Quincey alone made 3.3 million this past year. he will go up. Helm and Abby will be pushing 1.5 to 2 million each. So ya, around 8 million for those 3.

Ummm yes. Quincey alone made 3.3 million this past year. he will go up. Helm and Abby will be pushing 1.5 to 2 million each. So ya, around 8 million for those 3.

Dont know what you are smoking man....Quincey only made $3.125M and there is NO WAY neither Helm or Abby have earned a $2M contract yet....Helm MAYBE could get $2M if he wanted to hold Holland hostage and look for offers elsewhere, but then that would just show what kind of player he is...Abby doesn't get above $1.25M. $3M TOTAL is the MOST these two will cost to re-sign...Quincey will be gone. On this team he is not even worth $3.125M, but unfortunately if Holland wants the picks in return, he has to tender him a qualifying offer of just that, $3.125M. If Kyle signs ANYWHERE else for $3M-$4.5M, Holland gets a 1st and a 3rd for him in return. Holland couldn't trade him for a 1st & a 3rd, so he would be stupid to offer him anything that would be considered over-payment for a #5/#6 defenseman (on our roster) and let him get an offer for $4M from someone. Sure he is a top 4 league wide, but not here, especially not if they sign Suter and Schultz...

Quincey won't get more. He'll get a 1 or 2 year deal for the same price. Helm and Abby will be getting a little more than a million each. Actually Abby may get less than. Honestly, Helm is the only one I would care about returning and I'm sure he will, if the others drive a hard bargain for whatever reason... see ya!

Let's not confuse opinions and facts. Not one of us know what any of those 3 are going to make. I think it will be higher than most of you expect for several reasons. 1. We need to get Abby and helm signed long term. We do not want Abby, helm, Howard, White, Filppula etc to all be FA's next year. In fact i hope all get extended and soon. 2. Now that we know there is going to be a new CBA worked on (please no strike) things will change. 3. Unlike many, I expect Quincey to be resigned, and maybe moved later if the need arises. yes we have money to spend, but so does everyone else. Heck 20 teams have 15+ million to spend this offseason, and the pool of FA's is shallow. There are no sure things in FA. There is as good of a chance we get none of the top FA's as there is we get 4 of them. Without Quincey we have 5 Dman and no one ready in the minors. Far to big a risk to let him walk.

The Star-Ledger's top Devils beat writer Steve Politi wrote about Parise being in high demand in the offseason. He discusses Parise's options and lists four teams (five if you count 'the field') and their odds of signing him.

Devils 5-2

Rangers 5-1

Pens 10-1

Field 25-1

Wanna see what he lists the Red Wings chances as? Go read:

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2012/06/politi_after_the_stanley_cup_f.html

I of course will do anything I can to panic Devils fans, and have commented on him coming here in comments (JohnnyActionSpacePunk).

The Star-Ledger's top Devils beat writer Steve Politi wrote about Parise being in high demand in the offseason. He discusses Parise's options and lists four teams (five if you count 'the field') and their odds of signing him.

Devils 5-2

Rangers 5-1

Pens 10-1

Field 25-1

Wanna see what he lists the Red Wings chances as? Go read:

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2012/06/politi_after_the_stanley_cup_f.html

I of course will do anything I can to panic Devils fans, and have commented on him coming here in comments (JohnnyActionSpacePunk).

mwhahahahaha :siren:

Sign suter and the rest will follow

if we cant get parise, i want doan and parenteau

2nd dman garrison or wideman

as for 4th line prust, moen

goalie biron

for s***s and giggles...

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.500m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Shane Doan ($4.550m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / P-A Parenteau ($2.250m)

Travis Moen ($1.500m) / Darren Helm ($1.000m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.866m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($7.500m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Dennis Wideman ($4.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Martin Biron ($0.875m)

Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,475,462; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (25-man roster): $824,538

bertuzzi and cleary really f*** up the lineup

Edited by brett

If no Parise, give me Semin, Prust, Suter, and Doan.

Why not Olli Jokinen

Agreed. I'd like to see Quincey at his 5% raise which is close to $3.3M. Then I'd prefer to see Helm at $1.5 and Abdelkader at $1.2. That would be $6 total. but I could see each being slightly higher.

I wouldn't give Quincey that much,he's not worth that much.I rather have another rookie that him.

Quincey is not going to sign here for less than $3.5M, Holland is a genius. Trade a 1st rounder for a guy, see if he helps or solidifies your D (he doesn't) then qualify him, let him explore RFA and sign elsewhere, receive a 1st AND a 3rd as compensation...you cannot script it better than that!

Pretty much, trade a 1st for him, trade him for a 1st and 3rd... I hope Columbus signs him!

Guest Heaten

Quincey is not going to sign here for less than $3.5M, Holland is a genius. Trade a 1st rounder for a guy, see if he helps or solidifies your D (he doesn't) then qualify him, let him explore RFA and sign elsewhere, receive a 1st AND a 3rd as compensation...you cannot script it better than that!

Pretty much, trade a 1st for him, trade him for a 1st and 3rd... I hope Columbus signs him!

The 1st that comes back might be a good one.

Guest Johnz96

I think july 1st makes or breaks holland. 2 top guys out there the wings need. will he come through?

More Cups than anybody else during his tenure, I think he has made it a long time ago

Why not Olli Jokinen

I have been wondering, what do people on here think of Ollie Jokinen? Not too much talk of him lately. I have not seen him play much, so perhaps he is not a good choice. He has respectable numbers and has a few good years left. Would he fit in the Wing's system? Capgeek has him as a center, is he able to play as a winger (for Datsyuk) at all? Would Parenteau fit either? He is much younger than Ollie.

Also, what if we signed Dennis Wideman and Matt Carle to help out our defense? I know they are nowhere near Suter, let alone Lidstrom status but if Suter cannot be had then we can sign these guys now and find a number one guy later (either in Smith or through free agency next year or so). Do you guys think this may work? Holland seemed to take this approach last year with signing White and saving our money until later.

A lot of questions I know, but I have been thinking of them lately.

The world isn't over on July 1st if Holland doesn't get Parise or Suter (not until December 21st) there are plenty of Plan 1a options out there that will cost a ton less... These players have all been mentioned or listed by us, news media, etc... plenty of times so I won't get into the names. Do I want Suter and Parise? Sure! But if we don't get both or even one, Holland will have his tricks up his sleeve. The only thing I hope is that if they sign elsewhere, its because someone overpaid them, not because of personal feelings towards Detroit or that Holland only offered them $5M or something. The only way I am mad at Holland is if these guys wanted to come here, bu Holland didn't offer them enough. If they signed aomewhere else for $7.5M or less and expressed interest in coming to Detroit for the same salary, then I will be upset with Holland for not wanting to pay them...but like I said, I hope Holland tries to get both and offer's them a huge salary to come here, but if he tries (without lowballing them) and they don't sign here, that is fine too, just make this better and I will be happy!

Jokinen gets the same rap as Semin, Franzen, and the likes. Good scorer when motivated, but is often a floater. Decent sized. 33 years old.

In my estimation, probably down the list on options for a top-six scorer.

I'd prefer Semin just because he's naturally a winger, younger and the (perceived) chemistry with Datsyuk.

I do like Parenteau for a Hudler replacement, but he's eager to return to the Isle.

While Wideman and Carle are certainly options to help our defense, I think its Suter or bust. Then... the aforementioned.

Why is it, when we talk about "floaters" in the NHL, it always seems to be European players? Do these Euro's just don't care when it comes down to it? Is the NHL not as important to them? Do they get their money and just mail it in for the rest of their careers? Are there any North American floaters? I am not singling out the Euro's, but it just always seems when the word "floater" is brought up, it seems it is always referring to a European player...More times than not...What about the term "locker room cancer" I hear this thrown around alot and that seems to have been said more so of Euro's too, but at least I have heard it about a few NA's...strange if you ask me...wonder what is behind this...coincidence?

The world isn't over on July 1st if Holland doesn't get Parise or Suter (not until December 21st) there are plenty of Plan 1a options out there that will cost a ton less... These players have all been mentioned or listed by us, news media, etc... plenty of times so I won't get into the names. Do I want Suter and Parise? Sure! But if we don't get both or even one, Holland will have his tricks up his sleeve. The only thing I hope is that if they sign elsewhere, its because someone overpaid them, not because of personal feelings towards Detroit or that Holland only offered them $5M or something. The only way I am mad at Holland is if these guys wanted to come here, bu Holland didn't offer them enough. If they signed aomewhere else for $7.5M or less and expressed interest in coming to Detroit for the same salary, then I will be upset with Holland for not wanting to pay them...but like I said, I hope Holland tries to get both and offer's them a huge salary to come here, but if he tries (without lowballing them) and they don't sign here, that is fine too, just make this better and I will be happy!

This is the doomsday scenario that Holland has seemed to never planned for. The writing has been on the wall for the last 4 seasons that Lidstrom would be gone, and it's become painfully obvious none of Kindl, Kronwall, or Ericsson were going to be the next top D-man they were thought to be. In the mean time Detroit has also been deficient in the natural goal scorer area. Holland took a chance on Franzen, but he seems to have chosen wrong and Franzen has been nowhere near what hes been before his contract. Now Detroit has been bounced early in the playoffs, the holes in the line up are mounting and players like Carle and Widemann/Semin and Doan will not fill the holes to make this team as competitive that a team needs to be to be real contenders.

The point of this is that Holland could have done a better job of transitioning the team so that they wouldn't be dependent on getting two top tier players thought FA in one offseason to stay where they have been the last 20 years.

Edited by Shaman464

Why is it, when we talk about "floaters" in the NHL, it always seems to be European players? Do these Euro's just don't care when it comes down to it? Is the NHL not as important to them? Do they get their money and just mail it in for the rest of their careers? Are there any North American floaters? I am not singling out the Euro's, but it just always seems when the word "floater" is brought up, it seems it is always referring to a European player...More times than not...What about the term "locker room cancer" I hear this thrown around alot and that seems to have been said more so of Euro's too, but at least I have heard it about a few NA's...strange if you ask me...wonder what is behind this...coincidence?

Communism

This is the doomsday scenario that Holland has seemed to never planned for. The writing has been on the wall for the last 4 seasons that Lidstrom would be gone, and it's become painfully obvious none of Kindl, Kronwall, or Ericsson were going to be the next top D-man they were thought to be. In the mean time Detroit has also been deficient in the natural goal scorer area. Holland took a chance on Franzen, but he seems to have chosen wrong and Franzen has been nowhere near what hes been before his contract. Now Detroit has been bounced early in the playoffs, the holes in the line up are mounting and players like Carle and Widemann/Semin and Doan will not fill the holes to make this team as competitive that a team needs to be to be real contenders.

The point of this is that Holland could have done a better job of transitioning the team so that they wouldn't be dependent on getting two top tier players thought FA in one offseason to stay where they have been the last 20 years.

And then Y2K will happen and the Mayans will start the apocalypse