• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Nice Khan article previewing the off-season

Rate this topic

Wow....that, THAT (maybe u need to go read it again), is the most arrogant statement you ever seen? Apparently you havn't seen many ignorant fans as you so claim...I sir deserve no such prestigious awards :) I am but a loyal fan lol. But you may have claimed the overreaction of the year award haha.

1. Lol nobody said Holland was the god of hockey dude, exaggerate much? His track record has shown time and time again that we will be fine, he gets the job done. History and evidence points to this, and not the contrary. Saying Holland is going to have an epic fail and screw the team up this year is like saying Lidstrom is going to come out and play terrible defense all season. If there is one thing we can say for certain about Holland it's that he thinks 10 steps ahead into the future....he's no Holmgren....you really think he didn't anticipate and plan for the loss of Lidstrom? Guy's going to have multiple plans and tricks up his sleeve....which one he uses we have yet to see.

2. More exaggeration eh? I said we have one of the best prospect pools, not THE best. Shaman knows this and made fair evaluation of them. I also didn't say any of them will be a D, Z, or L.....And you don't need 3 of the best players in the league to win cups anyway. 1st round picks really don't matter, many 1st round picks and even top 10s never pan out.....plus the Wings are notorious for taking 1st round caliber players in the 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th. Half the players on our team right now would have gone in the top 20 of their draft classes if their was a redraft of their years.

3. Your hyperbole is amazing....of course Detroit is not the ONLY place FA's want to sign, don't be silly. However, we were voted by the players themselves as the team most desirable to play for. We are on the tops of lists for many FA's.

IIRC hpckeysfuture has us at 15th. Middle of the road. Most of which have yet to play a single professional game. This is not a deep talented pool.It is a bunch of names that we hope become prospects.

IIRC hpckeysfuture has us at 15th. Middle of the road. Most of which have yet to play a single professional game. This is not a deep talented pool.It is a bunch of names that we hope become prospects.

Not really... at forward the Wings are really deep. They are pretty deep at D and not deep at goalie.

Guest Hatethedrake!

One thing Kenny has to keep an eye on is next summer. Lets say he is able to sign both Parise and Suter on July 1st. He needs to re-sign Helm, Abdelkader and Quincey as well. Plus he wants to add a big physical guy to the 4th line (Moen or Prust for example). He also wants a back-up goalie upgrade (Harding?). However looking ahead, Shea Weber is a UFA next summer assuming he does not sign a new deal with Nashville over the next year. Suter didn't and I don't expect Weber will either. Plus Kenny has to re-sign Filppula to a new deal. So does Kenny spend say 64 mil for this season and leave some room for Weber and Filppula next summer? I think Kenny will likely give Flip his extension during the season and he will need the tagging space on the Cap. He could sign Quncey to a 1 year deal for this season, then let him walk and sign Weber and have enough Cap space to do it.

clap.gif

Congratulations. You have been awarded "arrogant statement of the year". This one is even spewing with entitlement too! The verbal vomit you're spitting up isn't worth the Red Wings toilet paper you wipe your homer ass with. I've been around a lot of years and seen a lot of ignorant fans, but you sir take the cake. Let's review your statements.

In case you were wondering, its comments like these that keep getting you negged.

Guest Heaten

Just think how much better this team would look if Jiri Fischer didn't have that heart condition. Fischer would have been our #1 and a fan favorite. Damn I miss him!

One thing Kenny has to keep an eye on is next summer. Lets say he is able to sign both Parise and Suter on July 1st. He needs to re-sign Helm, Abdelkader and Quincey as well. Plus he wants to add a big physical guy to the 4th line (Moen or Prust for example). He also wants a back-up goalie upgrade (Harding?). However looking ahead, Shea Weber is a UFA next summer assuming he does not sign a new deal with Nashville over the next year. Suter didn't and I don't expect Weber will either. Plus Kenny has to re-sign Filppula to a new deal. So does Kenny spend say 64 mil for this season and leave some room for Weber and Filppula next summer? I think Kenny will likely give Flip his extension during the season and he will need the tagging space on the Cap. He could sign Quncey to a 1 year deal for this season, then let him walk and sign Weber and have enough Cap space to do it.

Don't forget White-our only RH D and Howard. Both are UFA's after next season. White will get a smaller raise if we keep him, but Howard will double his salary.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Oh I know. I just don't need the social approval of others so I'm not going to tailor my opinion to suit the fancy of you or anyone else.

Nah, you're all about the attention grab and the Inferiority Complex. I think most posters here can see this.