• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#21 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

We need to spend about 8 million to keep helm, Abby, and Quincey.

ha ha wow, there is no way those 3 cost $8M
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#22 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

Closer to $6.5M.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#23 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

Closer to $6.5M.

Agreed. I'd like to see Quincey at his 5% raise which is close to $3.3M. Then I'd prefer to see Helm at $1.5 and Abdelkader at $1.2. That would be $6 total. but I could see each being slightly higher.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#24 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

Agreed. I'd like to see Quincey at his 5% raise which is close to $3.3M. Then I'd prefer to see Helm at $1.5 and Abdelkader at $1.2. That would be $6 total. but I could see each being slightly higher.

Doesn't Helm seem a lot more valuable to this team than Quincey? How can he be valued at less than half of what Quincey is making?

Quincey was downright horrible with his penalties and giveaways. If anyone watched him in Colorado, he was the same player there, cross-checking after interference after boarding every game. And for Team Canada in the World Championships? His turnover directly led to a Slovak goal in the game Canada was eliminated.

Sure he has size, speed, and a great shot, but he has a lot of killer weaknesses.

#25 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

Brandon Prust thank you very much!

#26 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

If no Parise, give me Semin, Prust, Suter, and Doan.

Posted Image

#27 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

Hey look, Khan throw out he very same names i did 2 weeks ago. Ok guys go flame on him now..... LOL

Nicky retiring is his last great gift to the RW. Frees up a ton of money. We need to spend about 8 million to keep helm, Abby, and Quincey. That will leave 12-17 left to spend, and provide depth that we lack. Yes we could shoot for the stars at Suter and parise, or go for numbers and get 4 guys out of the second teir. Not sure how it will play out, no one is. But think about these 2 groups. Current roster plus Suter and parise OR current roster plus say Wideman, garrison, Doan and Jones. OR we focus on the blueline only this year, and load up on the forward lines next year which is a very deep class. Take the current roster and add Suter and Wideman. That is a very deep blueline, that also frees up players of value to trade for forwards that are pending UFA's in the 2013 class. Point is, while Nicky retiring may suck emotionaly, in the long run it can and should be to our great benefit.

Uh...it will not cost any more than $3M total for Helm and Abby and that is estimating high. More like $2.5M....second Quincey won't even be here unless he accepts Holland qualifying offer of $3.125M...Holland would be stupid to pass up on getting a 1st and a 3rd pick for losing Quincey. Quincey will get offers of $3.5M+ and that is too much for where he is going to fall on the Red Wings pecking order and that is #5/#6...

Edited by LeftWinger, 31 May 2012 - 08:40 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#28 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:53 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Drake_Marcus, 31 May 2012 - 11:54 PM.

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#29 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

I'm going to start a "Just Say No to Alex Semin" campaign here soon... I don't get the appeal at all.

+1 to Prust.

It seems like i'm making similar replies in similar threads all the time these days.

Free Agency is officially one month away guys, all this will be over soon.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#30 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

Ummm yes. Quincey alone made 3.3 million this past year. he will go up. Helm and Abby will be pushing 1.5 to 2 million each. So ya, around 8 million for those 3.

#31 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:39 AM

Ummm yes. Quincey alone made 3.3 million this past year. he will go up. Helm and Abby will be pushing 1.5 to 2 million each. So ya, around 8 million for those 3.

Dont know what you are smoking man....Quincey only made $3.125M and there is NO WAY neither Helm or Abby have earned a $2M contract yet....Helm MAYBE could get $2M if he wanted to hold Holland hostage and look for offers elsewhere, but then that would just show what kind of player he is...Abby doesn't get above $1.25M. $3M TOTAL is the MOST these two will cost to re-sign...Quincey will be gone. On this team he is not even worth $3.125M, but unfortunately if Holland wants the picks in return, he has to tender him a qualifying offer of just that, $3.125M. If Kyle signs ANYWHERE else for $3M-$4.5M, Holland gets a 1st and a 3rd for him in return. Holland couldn't trade him for a 1st & a 3rd, so he would be stupid to offer him anything that would be considered over-payment for a #5/#6 defenseman (on our roster) and let him get an offer for $4M from someone. Sure he is a top 4 league wide, but not here, especially not if they sign Suter and Schultz...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#32 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

Quincey won't get more. He'll get a 1 or 2 year deal for the same price. Helm and Abby will be getting a little more than a million each. Actually Abby may get less than. Honestly, Helm is the only one I would care about returning and I'm sure he will, if the others drive a hard bargain for whatever reason... see ya!

#33 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

Let's not confuse opinions and facts. Not one of us know what any of those 3 are going to make. I think it will be higher than most of you expect for several reasons. 1. We need to get Abby and helm signed long term. We do not want Abby, helm, Howard, White, Filppula etc to all be FA's next year. In fact i hope all get extended and soon. 2. Now that we know there is going to be a new CBA worked on (please no strike) things will change. 3. Unlike many, I expect Quincey to be resigned, and maybe moved later if the need arises. yes we have money to spend, but so does everyone else. Heck 20 teams have 15+ million to spend this offseason, and the pool of FA's is shallow. There are no sure things in FA. There is as good of a chance we get none of the top FA's as there is we get 4 of them. Without Quincey we have 5 Dman and no one ready in the minors. Far to big a risk to let him walk.

#34 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:42 AM

Let's not confuse opinions and facts.

We need to get Abby and helm signed long term. We do not want Abby, helm, Howard, White, Filppula etc to all be FA's next year.

Let's not confuse opinions and facts.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#35 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:32 AM

http://espn.go.com/b...-contract-talks

Ryan Suter, Preds begin contract talks....
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#36 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:49 AM

The Star-Ledger's top Devils beat writer Steve Politi wrote about Parise being in high demand in the offseason. He discusses Parise's options and lists four teams (five if you count 'the field') and their odds of signing him.

Devils 5-2
Rangers 5-1
Pens 10-1
Field 25-1

Wanna see what he lists the Red Wings chances as? Go read:

http://www.nj.com/de...nley_cup_f.html

I of course will do anything I can to panic Devils fans, and have commented on him coming here in comments (JohnnyActionSpacePunk).

#37 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

The Star-Ledger's top Devils beat writer Steve Politi wrote about Parise being in high demand in the offseason. He discusses Parise's options and lists four teams (five if you count 'the field') and their odds of signing him.

Devils 5-2
Rangers 5-1
Pens 10-1
Field 25-1

Wanna see what he lists the Red Wings chances as? Go read:

http://www.nj.com/de...nley_cup_f.html

I of course will do anything I can to panic Devils fans, and have commented on him coming here in comments (JohnnyActionSpacePunk).

mwhahahahaha :siren:

#38 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

Sign suter and the rest will follow

if we cant get parise, i want doan and parenteau

2nd dman garrison or wideman

as for 4th line prust, moen

goalie biron

for s***s and giggles...

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($7.500m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Shane Doan ($4.550m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / P-A Parenteau ($2.250m)
Travis Moen ($1.500m) / Darren Helm ($1.000m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)
Justin Abdelkader ($0.866m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($7.500m)
Ian White ($2.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Dennis Wideman ($4.000m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Martin Biron ($0.875m)
Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,475,462; BONUSES: $37,500
CAP SPACE (25-man roster): $824,538

bertuzzi and cleary really f*** up the lineup

Edited by brett, 02 June 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#39 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/17440/ryan-suter-preds-begin-contract-talks

Ryan Suter, Preds begin contract talks....

This sounds thankfully like the Shero/Hossa talks back in 2008, hopefully just like then this is all hyperbole and trying not to poison the well.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#40 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

If no Parise, give me Semin, Prust, Suter, and Doan.

Why not Olli Jokinen

I wouldn't give Quincey that much,he's not worth that much.I rather have another rookie that him.
- LT