• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ogreslayer

Nick Lidstrom retires after 20 seasons

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

Even though odds aren't in my favour I hope at least it's a "final year" announcement where he retires at the end of next season if that's what he's doing. He never got a proper farewell. :(

Edited by Shoreline

Sad? hell no. I have 20 years of great memories and 4 cups because of nick. he is one of the best ever to play the game. It is time to say THANK YOU! as loud as we can, and look forward to the next chapter. can we get a waiver and hang Nick's jersey in the HOF on Friday?

Thanks Nick for all the time, effort and memories!

Great post.

I've been watching the Wings long enough to remember when #5 was Darren Veitch, but it's still going to be so strange not to see Lidstrom on the Wings blueline.

Whenever some great player comes charging into the Wing's zone, there won't be any sigh of relief when you realize Lidstrom is the defenseman they have to get past.

Guest Shoreline

I guess we can hope that the reason for the presser is that he is announcing that this is his final season coming up..one can only hope but according the media he is hangin em up.

Holy s*** we were thinking the same thing.

I guess we can hope that the reason for the presser is that he is announcing that this is his final season coming up..one can only hope but according the media he is hangin em up.

Can't see that being the case. I'm sure the last thing Nick would want is a season long farewell tour.

Twitter is flooded now, seems as though it's as official as we'll get until it comes out of Nicks mouth tomorrow. Congrats on a fantastic career, the 2nd best defenseman to ever play the game wore #5, and he wore the Winged Wheel and I'll never forget it :thumbup:

I should also imagine if St. Nick retires (And then quite possibly Homer after him) the Wings will be ferocious shoppers and that includes kicking the tires again on Nash whom Columbus is still trying to move

Edited by Jersey Wing

Guest Shoreline

No no no no. :(

Booze and Lids jersey.. terrible.

I'll celebrate his career after tomorrow. Bad news day is bad.

So if the press conference tomorrow is about him signing an extension, can we start a thread entitled "Lidstrom resigns" just to throw the literate people on the board into a state of confusion?

The opposite way would work too, but I don't want to think about that.

Sadly after going to game 4 and watching him, a few of us felt he was done.

Thank You Lids for all professionalism and dedication.

We were saying that same thing at that game, it could be the last time we see Lids on the ice. I'm glad we got to be there but wish the send off could have been better for him.

We were saying that same thing at that game, it could be the last time we see Lids on the ice. I'm glad we got to be there but wish the send off could have been better for him.

Alumni game!

The hell with it, this isn't a funeral. This is a celebration of one of the best players to ever play the game. I feel so incredibly lucky to have seen this man lift the Stanley Cup four times. No other player exemplifies the game of hockey the way Lidstrom does.

Yzerman will always be the Wing's captain, but there will never be a better Red Wing than Nick.

Well if this is the case, retirement. You better believe Ryan Suter will be the highest paid defenseman in the NHL...Could Suter this year and Weber next year be in the plans!?!?!? :lol: !

Anyhow, if it is just a conference call, I don't expect it'll be a retirement, but if it is indeed a presser, then adios Lids!

I remember a game vs. Chicago in your rookie year when you got hit in the visor with a mixed drink and the entire visor was covered in strawberry mix! Sorry, and all the Cups and goals and Norris', etc... Thanks Nick for 20 years! And maybe for just ONE more!