• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ogreslayer

Nick Lidstrom retires after 20 seasons

Rate this topic

He just mentioned Filppula as one of the three captain candidates. Shudder.

I believe he was picked to wear the "A" a number of times in pre-season action, so it's not too far fetched. And as far as I'm concerned, if Nick vouches for a guy, that's good enough for me.

No more freaking out when the opponent has a 2 0n 1 only to realize that Nick was the sole D-man back. I would immediately relax knowing they didn't stand a chance of scoring.

agreed, if Nick is back there's is no ******* chance that pass gets through. None.

No more freaking out when the opponent has a 2 0n 1 only to realize that Nick was the sole D-man back. I would immediately relax knowing they didn't stand a chance of scoring.

Well, since we're losing Stu, as well, we have Kronner for D.

That's it. I am concerned, much as I love the Viking (and Ian)

Another thing I'm gonna miss so much was when an opposing player got a 1-on-1 with Lids. The player would be skating in and then look up only to find Nick Lidstrom in his way and the response was always the same, dump the puck in and head off for a line change.

That's ******* RESPECT!

I feel like he and his family probably walked out to the parking lot, got in a spaceship and flew home to whatever hockey god planet he came from.

No, he can't do that. The plan all along has been to marry his sons off to Yzerman's daughters.

You can't say enough about Lidstrom. I've only been this attached to three players: Lids, Yzerman, and Vladdy. *sniff* I'll never let myself love again.

Nick Lidstrom, a classy player on and off the ice. One of the guys who had a ton of respect from other players. He played the game the right away. I'm really going to miss #5 in a Wings jersey. Like many of you I had the privilege of seeing Nick play live many times.. My biggest memory of him was in 2002 game 3 in Vancouver when he scored from center ice the playoff game I attended in Vancouver.. Nick here's to a great and amazing career :thumbup::clap:

All the best in the future.

Nick Lidstrom, a classy player on and off the ice. One of the guys who had a ton of respect from other players. He played the game the right away. I'm really going to miss #5 in a Wings jersey. Like many of you I had the privilege of seeing Nick play live many times.. My biggest memory of him was in 2002 game 3 in Vancouver when he scored from center ice the playoff game I attended in Vancouver.. Nick here's to a great and amazing career :thumbup::clap:

All the best in the future.

How about against trashville shorty I believe?

Wasn;t able to watch the press conference this morning. Is it up anywhere online?

Not yet. I think they are planning to re-air it on FSD after the Tigers' game.

Edited by rrasco

Not yet. I think they are planning to re-air it on FSD after the Tigers' game.

I live in british columbia so I won't be able to watch that. If anyone sees it up online, it would be awesome if it could get posted here.