• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

Ugh

:stop:

:crybaby:

Is this real life?

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#222 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

This is more than the end of an era. This is the end of......everything. I'm kinda at a loss for words for what this represents.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#223 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,239 posts

I hoped he'd play until he was 50.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#224 Nic

Nic

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

nhl feed wouldnt load for me either, but the link on detroitnews.com is working for me. for those in the area my mom just said it's on channel 2 too.

Edited by Nic, 31 May 2012 - 10:11 AM.

#225 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

[quote name='Electrophile' timestamp='1338477067' post='2304213']
This is more than the end of an era. This is the end of......everything. I'm kinda at a loss for words for what this represents.
[/quote]
End of a bandwagon too perhaps.. thank the f*** christ if so.

He's done pretty well so far at recovering from turning on the waterworks.

Edited by Shoreline, 31 May 2012 - 10:11 AM.

#226 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,248 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

I'm confused. When does he get to the part where he says he's pleased to announce they've signed Suter, Weber, Doan and Parise and he's really looking forward to playing alongside them next season?

#227 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

Man, this is devestating to watch.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#228 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,248 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

The tank is definitely not empty Nick, it just started to move down a tiny notch from "god" closer to "mortal."

#229 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

[quote name='haroldsnepsts' timestamp='1338477338' post='2304219']
I'm confused. When does he get to the part where he says he's pleased to announce they've signed Suter, Weber, Doan and Parise and he's really looking forward to playing alongside them next season?
[/quote]

Tomorrow night, when the dream continues.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#230 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

Ilitch says, Lids "doesn't do things that hurt his reputation or that of the team". Here's looking at you Patrick Kane.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#231 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

[quote name='haroldsnepsts' timestamp='1338477483' post='2304222']
The tank is definitely not empty Nick, it just started to move down a tiny notch from "god" closer to "mortal."
[/quote]
No kidding. Nick could have played until he was 50 if he wanted and he would have been an average NHL defenseman. He just didn't want to play average hockey though, and you have to commend him for that.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#232 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

[quote name='NeverForgetMac25' timestamp='1338477590' post='2304225']
Ilitch says, Lids "doesn't do things that hurt his reputation or that of the team". Here's looking at you Patrick Kane.
[/quote]

One thing you can say about the Wings; yes, we've had our fair share of dipsticks over the years who've done dumb s***, but above all else, they represent our team with the utmost class.

#233 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

[/quote]

Indeed. He brought a huge amount of professionalism and class to the Wings organization, especially after the Yzerman years. I wonder if we'll start to lose some of that in the coming seasons...and start to resemble some of the more unprofessional teams that seem to be more and more common these days.

#234 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

[/quote]
Its sad that players like Kris Draper and Maltby, who didn't have any issues with acting like a public idiot, get no press while an asshat like Kane gets drunk and he gets on the front page. I guess idiocy sells. :(

At least Lidstrom is widely known as one of the most respected players.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#235 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

:(

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#236 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,248 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

Now that he's retired I feel like his accent has already gotten more Swedish. :lol:

#237 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

This sucks 99.99% as much as Stevie's retirement. Wings aren't going to be the same. Ever.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#238 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

Didn't Kenny Holland say he'd retire when Nick did? How soon can we get Yzerman on a plane?

#239 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

[quote name='Electrophile' timestamp='1338478278' post='2304234']
Didn't Kenny Holland say he'd retire when Nick did? How soon can we get Yzerman on a plane?
[/quote]

He should be a special guest there to speak for Lids. Damn the Lightning fans that get upset
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#240 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

As much as it sucks that Lidstrom is retiring, I am getting the feeling that it might be what the Red Wings actually need. Maybe it is time to pass the torch, ala Yzerman and Shanahan leaving after 2006. After they left, the accountability of the team rested on a new generation, and I think those guys really stepped it up in '07, '08, and '09. Maybe the same thing will happen over the next few years...the fear of dropping out of Cup contention/dominance of the past may motivate this group to pick up their play.

I dunno, just trying to look on the bright side.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users