• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ogreslayer

Nick Lidstrom retires after 20 seasons

Rate this topic

Not only that, which is still making me nauseous, but we will also be playing an EA sports NHL game without Lidstrom in it. I can't fathom it. Can I just keep him in the game?

How about this? First online game the night he announce retirement, slap shot from the blue line from Lidstrom and back of the net it went. Actually made me even more sad that we won't see it anymore then anything. :(

Nicklas lidstrom was in his prime for all 20 seasons he was with us in detroit... No joke. The man brought his A game night in and night out, and every single night, he was the most important piece to our teams success.

I'm not saying he was ever bad, but every player has some stage in their career when they're at their best. His had to be either from 2001-2003 or right after the lockout, when had that incredible 2006 season. I guess with Lidstrom, it's harder to pick what that period was, than with other players.

Still can't bring myself to watch the conference.

Sitting at the computer. Blank stare, I really don't know what to type.

Excuse me while I continue drinking.

Nick's prime ranges from 1998-2011.

I'd say '96 is when he really started to emerge... He got a fair amount of Norris votes that year too. In '97 I think Vladdie was runner-up for the Norris and Lidstrom was 4th. I bet he still finishes Top 6 this year too.... so that's 16 years where he was amongst the top handful of players at his position in the league. There are only 3 other players that can say that - Gordie Howe, Ray Bourque and Wayne Gretzky.

Guest irishock

Jim Rome would take Nick over Orr.

Not that the guy knows anything about hockey (or any other ESPN analyst), but just throwin' it out there. For some reason ESPN's always had our back, dating back to the Thorne days when the entire broadcast was centered around us.

So I came across this gif...can someone verify the accuracy of the subtitles? I just can't believe the Perfect Human would say such thing?!

tumblr_m4up0tX53R1r7ry8x.gif

I'm no lip reader... But I am pretty sure that is 100% accurate.

Awesome Guy... I look forward to seeing his number in the rafters

Can't wait to see his number hanging alongside Yzerman, Howe, Abdel. Lindsay and Delvecchio I really hope Brodeur doesn't retire soon so nick will be a first ballot HHOFer

Brodeur retiring will not impact Nick being a first ballot HHOFer at all. Nick was the best player in all of hockey the past 20 seasons and while Marty was outstanding, most people in the hockey world would agree that Nick has been the best player the past 20 years, with Marty being not too far behind.

Now I gotta make sure I get tickets to the Alumni game at the Winter Classic because I am looking very much more forward to that for the possibility of Nick Lidstrom to play one last time in front of my eyes.

I will GUARANTEE YOU THIS.

THE NUMBER 5 WILL NO LONGER BE WORN BY ANOTHER DETROIT RED WING, AS IT WILL SMILE DOWN UPON AND GUIDE OUR PLAYERS GOING FORWARD. IT WILL SERVE AS A SYMBOL OF EXCELLENCE, A MEASURING STICK BY WHICH ALL DEFENCEMEN GOING FORWARD WILL BE MEASURED. IT WILL STAND FOR AS LONG AS THE CITY OF DETROIT, MICHIGAN SHALL STAND. IT WILL STAND FOR HOCKEYTOWN.