• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ogreslayer

Nick Lidstrom retires after 20 seasons

Rate this topic

I'm not saying he was ever bad, but every player has some stage in their career when they're at their best. His had to be either from 2001-2003 or right after the lockout, when had that incredible 2006 season. I guess with Lidstrom, it's harder to pick what that period was, than with other players.

The article on DownGoesBrown said it the best.

April 11, 2010 - Lidstrom ends the 2009-2010 season with 49 points and a +23 rating, finishes fourth in Norris voting, and is named to the NHL's second all-star team. Or, as it will later be unanimously remembered, the worst season of his career.

I believe he was in his prime every season he played.

Guest Shoreline

So, does everyone think they will instantly retire his number like they did with Stevy's and have a big NIck Lidstrom night next season?

Yep.

So, does everyone think they will instantly retire his number like they did with Stevy's and have a big NIck Lidstrom night next season?

They better not. That would be an insult to Yzerman. It's ******* bulls*** that his number wasn't retired on opening night. Lidstrom can wait a year or two, maybe tie it into his HOF induction

They better not. That would be an insult to Yzerman. It's ******* bulls*** that his number wasn't retired on opening night. Lidstrom can wait a year or two, maybe tie it into his HOF induction

Yzerman didn't have to wait a year, why should Lidstrom?

How would that be an insult to Steve Y? Riddle me that.

Always gonna be one of my fav Nick goals. What's yours?

Same here -- that game as a whole was incredible with Z tying it very late in regulation and Nick capping it off in OT. The thing I remember about Nick's goal was how he pulled it to his backhand instead of shooting it on the forehand with Kiprusoff out of position. He probably could have easily buried it since Kiprusoff was sprawled out on the ice. It's like even Lidstrom's mistakes aren't mistakes.

Same here -- that game as a whole was incredible with Z tying it very late in regulation and Nick capping it off in OT. The thing I remember about Nick's goal was how he pulled it to his backhand instead of shooting it on the forehand with Kiprusoff out of position. He probably could have easily buried it since Kiprusoff was sprawled out on the ice. It's like even Lidstrom's mistakes aren't mistakes.