• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukianDekes

Red Wings Next Captain

Rate this topic

I'm kind of annoyed because I just got a Zett jersey a few months ago with an "A" on it and I think you are absolutely right here. He's probably gonna be our next captain and my 4 month old jersey is already obsolete like my computer was a week after I got it.

No way, man! That makes it all the cooler down the road. I still have my Fedorov jersey with the A on it, and love it as a bit of a rarity. Shows I was around "back then." Wear that sucker with pride even after Z takes the C :)

I say bring Homer back for one more year, give him the C, & watch hilarity ensue as refs across the NHL have to translate his Swenglish.

lol

that's even better than see him doing between the benches job instead of Murphy :hehe:

Whats up with all the Franzen hate? Hes had what? 1 ! bad season and people are already throwing him under the bus.

It's not so much the numbers he put up (or didn't put up as the case may be) it's the lack of "compete level" as Babcock would say. If he were working hard out there every shift and they just weren't going in, I think people would cut him more slack.

Just to go in a different direction........ Next C is........Suter? Sign him to a 10 year deal-ends at 37, and breaks the tie during contract negotiations........ Just a thought........

Any thought of them signing a free agent and immediately naming them Captain is ridiculous, and insulting to the guys like Zett who have been with this team for a long time. Instances like this occur when a team is bottom level, rebuilding, and sign a player that is brought in for a leadership role. I remember when the Thrashers signed Bobby Holik and he was given an A shortly after, they were a team looking for direction and didn't have much of any veteran leadership. We have plenty, so much that there's easily 5 or 6 guys that can wear the A so this scenario wouldn't apply to this team.

Zetterberg will be entering his 10th season in the league and is the second longest serving Red Wing behind only Datsyuk. He posseses many of the qualities that made Yzerman and Lidstrom two of the greatest leaders in NHL history.

Through his tremendous work ethic, and elite skill on both offense and defense, Zetterberg has earned the respect of his teammates and opponents.

Despite being one of the most talented all-around players in the world, Zetterberg remains a humble and honest hard-worker, who leads by example.

He is a quiet leader, soft spoken, but willing to speak up when something needs to be said. He is a good communicator, articulate, reasonable. These are skills he will use when dealing with the media, on-ice officials, teammates, and coaches.

Zetterberg’s father is a coach. He is a player that doesn’t need much coaching. He thinks the game.

Henrik displays tenacity and devotion to the team. The way he kicks his game into another gear and carries the team on his back is reminiscent of Yzerman. They both refuse to accept defeat. But, even with all of the passion and desire for the game, Zetterberg keeps his emotion under control, calm and cool like his mentor and hero, Nicklas Lidstrom.

My full article at: Red Wings Captaincy: Following the Legends

It's probably between Zette and Kronner. Leaning more towards Zette but I wouldn't be surprised if they gave it to Kronner. Having a D man as cap is good because they're out on the ice more often. But captains usually aren't the biggest hitters.. We'll see soon.

What about Doan? He hits anything that moves.

I think both Z and Kronner are about 50-75% the same for locker room leadership styles and personalities, at least from hearing the other guys talk and hearing the post-game interviews. The other 25% that separates them doesn't put one above the other in my eyes, just different ways of showing how they take responsibility and address adversity. I'd almost like to see a co-captaincy. It seems that Z is the heir-apparent, but to me, Kronner is the dark horse. I've thought that since before he received his "A" this year, and his growth this year has solidified that for me.

Edited by Miss Wing Queen

Zetterberg will be entering his 10th season in the league and is the second longest serving Red Wing behind only Datsyuk. He posseses many of the qualities that made Yzerman and Lidstrom two of the greatest leaders in NHL history.

Through his tremendous work ethic, and elite skill on both offense and defense, Zetterberg has earned the respect of his teammates and opponents.

Despite being one of the most talented all-around players in the world, Zetterberg remains a humble and honest hard-worker, who leads by example.

He is a quiet leader, soft spoken, but willing to speak up when something needs to be said. He is a good communicator, articulate, reasonable. These are skills he will use when dealing with the media, on-ice officials, teammates, and coaches.

Zetterberg's father is a coach. He is a player that doesn't need much coaching. He thinks the game.

Henrik displays tenacity and devotion to the team. The way he kicks his game into another gear and carries the team on his back is reminiscent of Yzerman. They both refuse to accept defeat. But, even with all of the passion and desire for the game, Zetterberg keeps his emotion under control, calm and cool like his mentor and hero, Nicklas Lidstrom.

My full article at: Red Wings Captaincy: Following the Legends

:thumbup:

Zetterberg will become the next captain and he'll be great just like the last two guys that wore it for the Wings.

I hope so. Among the players on the team I'd pick him. The C on his jersey is definitely another priviledge/burden to weigh on his mind though. Z's ability to rise to the occasion is something he'll have to really put to use because the team really needs him now.