• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukianDekes

Red Wings Next Captain

Rate this topic

I heard that Lids said he thinks Kronner would make a great captain. I am not sure I like the idea of Z, especially simply because it's been put out there in the past doesn't mean it's a done deal. Hopefully they will take some time and look at all the players. I do think that if we acquire someone that would make a good leader they deserve a chance at it as well.

In the end if it is Z and he's good I can admit that I was wrong.

Zetterberg with the C. 3 rotating A's - Datsyuk, Kronwall, Helm

In Lids presser he listed a couple potential C's off the top of his head. Zetter, Kronwall, Fil. no Dats off the top of his head. Could mean nothing, but interesting.

Maybe Pavs doesn't want the captaincy and prefers the role he currently fills. Some players, no matter how fantastic, aren't suited for that kind of job. It's not a knock on Pavs at all that his name wasn't mentioned, or maybe Nick was just running off three names at random and Pavs IS one of the people he was thinking about. Who knows.

It absolutely will be Zetterberg. I would be shocked if any one else was named. That's not a knock on any other players (i.e. Datsyuk, Kronwall) but Zetterberg has everything.

To those wondering about potential signings in Parise and Suter, I think we all know that's not how the Wings work. Those guys would be groomed for the future post Z/D/Kron

We all love Helm, but no to getting an A this early. Draper got an A because he was a leader on and off the ice.

I'm surprised Lidstroms three favorites had Kronwall and Filppula in the mix with Zetterberg. I'd be ok with any of the 3. Plus, we never know, maybe Zetterberg doesn't want the C and will turn it down in favor of one of the younger players.

I will be happy either way, but would like it to be Datsyuk.

C-Datsyuk

A-Zetterberg

A-Krownall/Filppula

I'd kill to see that happen, but unfortunately, I think you and I are in the minority.

It's probably between Zette and Kronner. Leaning more towards Zette but I wouldn't be surprised if they gave it to Kronner. Having a D man as cap is good because they're out on the ice more often. But captains usually aren't the biggest hitters.. We'll see soon.

Zetterberg. The way he played in the 2nd half of last season, and into the playoffs.. and then went on to play his heart out in the World Champs for Sweden, has proven to me that it's time he gets a C on his jersey. Pavel may not have been 100% but I wasn't really happy with his performance in the playoffs.

There's also the matter of the contracts, Z will be here the rest of his career, for sure. Pavel.. I so hope he re-signs here but it's not for certain. Combine that with Z being better at english and I think the answer is obvious.

I absolutely love Pav though and we are lucky to have 2 such great choices for Captain.. Yzerman, Lidstrom, Zetterberg/Datsyuk.. wow. And some teams struggle to even find one player that is fit for the 'C'.

Just need to find a way to keep Zetterberg healthy and in tip-top shape for longer stretches. Any medical research updates in Sweden that he can use? Hehe.

I think it's safe for all of you with Zetterberg jerseys to put a "C" on it.

I'm kind of annoyed because I just got a Zett jersey a few months ago with an "A" on it and I think you are absolutely right here. He's probably gonna be our next captain and my 4 month old jersey is already obsolete like my computer was a week after I got it.

+96 for Homer w/ the C.

Hes the last of the old guard although I expect a slightly less intelligible presser than Nicks in the next few days.

Just think, it could be a new precedent for Wings Captains. We can start with Homer for a year, then on to Pavs after that.

Captains that no one can understand!!!

...Whodda Thunk?? ;)

Seriously though its sad to see Nick go and I hope that a Wings lifer is picked. Z or Kronner are looking like the two front runners and personally, Id rather see Kron as Captain.

I see Kron as a guy that goes out every shift and makes a difference. Z is a superstar but I just dont see his impact on the ice as important as the two Nicks were and now one Nick every night and every shift..

So if Homer doesnt get it or retires I hope to see Kron with the C next season.

I think its almost a lock that it will be Hank. From Rotoworld:

-Henrik Zetterberg is a prime candidate to be the next captain of the Detroit Red Wings now that Nicklas Lidstrom has retired.

Zetterberg drew praise for his play and leadership this past season and in the playoffs from Lidstrom at the defenseman's retirement news conference. The talented forward also has the support of his existing teammates. "He's like Nick but a little more vocal," said Daniel Cleary on Thursday. "He's the ultimate team player. He cares about winning and has a great work ethic. He loves his teammates and the guys love him and respect him a lot. He's my 1A, B and C."-

looks like cleary slipped up and already said Z will be next captain. big surprise..

"We'll be in great hands," Cleary said. "We'll have a great captain in Zetterberg. Z is the ultimate ... he's like Nick, but a little more vocal. Ultimate team player, all he cares about is winning. Great work ethic.

link