Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Post-Lidstrom CapGeek Thread

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($1.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Matt Martin ($1.000m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.866m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

Kyle Quincey ($3.250m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Tomas Vokoun ($1.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,058,295; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $241,705

Ok, I'll play along, with $70M cap:

FORWARDS

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Zach Parise ($7.000m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / David Jones ($3.250m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Darren Helm ($1.500m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.200m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.250m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Josh Harding ($1.250m)

------

SALARY CAP: $70,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,408,712; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,591,288

This works because if Nyquist can't handle top line minutes then you can elevates Jones, Franzen, Cleary. Plus, Bertuzzi and Cleay can rotate on the 3/4. Also, in a pinch if someone gets hurt down the middle you have enough capable wingers that Flip can centre until the injury is done.

Also, on the back end I would personally love it if the Wings could get Schultz. I would even just move White and replace him with Schultz possibly switch with Quincey so two rookies aren't paired together right away. But realistically you could have above.

Plus, I wanted Josh Harding last summer and he always dominates against the Wings. He's young enough that he could push Howard but established enough to know his role is the back up unless he can absolutely steal the starting spot.

Guest blueadams

I would love to have Martin but how are we getting him exactly? Who would the Islanders want?

he's an rfa...and his qo is like 600k...so we wouldn't have to give up a high draft pick...we'd just have to pay more than the islanders would.

Am I the only one with a bad feeling the Red Wings get neither Suter or Parise? I hope they can land at least one of them.

We shouldn't count our chickens before they hatch, but with half the team decimated and lots of money to spend there's really no excuse to field an awesome team next season.

Ok, I'll play along, with $70M cap:

FORWARDS

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Zach Parise ($7.000m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / David Jones ($3.250m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Darren Helm ($1.500m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.200m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.250m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Josh Harding ($1.250m)

------

SALARY CAP: $70,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,408,712; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,591,288

This works because if Nyquist can't handle top line minutes then you can elevates Jones, Franzen, Cleary. Plus, Bertuzzi and Cleay can rotate on the 3/4. Also, in a pinch if someone gets hurt down the middle you have enough capable wingers that Flip can centre until the injury is done.

Also, on the back end I would personally love it if the Wings could get Schultz. I would even just move White and replace him with Schultz possibly switch with Quincey so two rookies aren't paired together right away. But realistically you could have above.

Plus, I wanted Josh Harding last summer and he always dominates against the Wings. He's young enough that he could push Howard but established enough to know his role is the back up unless he can absolutely steal the starting spot.

If you're playing along, can I ask why you're giving yourself a $70 million cap? I highly doubt it will jump by almost $6 million next year. Maybe a Mil or two.

Reports indicate that the cap will increase to anywwhere between 68 and 72 million dollars so that is why he used the 70 million dollar mark.

...and then go right back down after the new CBA. I'm guessing Holland will limit himself to around $64 million this summer to account for the expected decrease in the players' share of revenue and the subsequent cap decrease.

If you're playing along, can I ask why you're giving yourself a $70 million cap? I highly doubt it will jump by almost $6 million next year. Maybe a Mil or two.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: In other words, IF the CBA weren't expiring, next season's salary cap based on Hockey Related Revenue would be $70.3M. But CBA is expiring.

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Shane Doan ($4.500m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Travis Moen ($1.250m) / Darren Helm ($1.350m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.200m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($7.000m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Dennis Wideman ($4.000m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Tomas Vokoun ($1.100m)

------

SALARY CAP: $70,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,808,712; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $191,288

This would be my ideal lineup if the cap is at 70 mill for the season.

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($5.500m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Zach Parise ($7.000m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Justin Abdelkader ($1.200m) / Darren Helm ($1.750m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Justin Schultz ($1.500m)

Scott Hannan ($1.350m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Josh Harding ($1.300m)

------

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,675,379; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,624,621

Sign Suter and Parise to long 8+ year contracts at a cap hit of 7 mill each.

Sign Alex Semin to a 3 year 16.5 million dollar contract. Cap hit of 5.5.

Sign Justin Schultz to a contract worth 1.5 mill a year.

Add Scott Hannan to help with the depth on the back end.

Trade Quinceys, and Staurts rights for whatever possible. As well as Kindl for picks or prospects.

Up front:

Line 1: Nyquist-Datsyuk-Semin. Pav gets his Russian that he's always wanted and Nyquist brings speed and skill to present nightmares for opposition teams.

Line 2: Filppula-Zetterberg-Parise. We all know Hank and Fils chemistry, add Parise and you got potentially the best top 6 forward group in the league.

Line 3: Cleary-Franzen-Bertuzzi. Im unsure of this line, but for a 3rd line it should add some scoring. Hopefully Cleary is healthy and Franzen plays like he gives a damn. It's a big line that should be able to grind it out and add some offense.

Line 4: Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves. This would be one of if not the best 4th line in hockey. Speed, skill, and lots of jam and energy. (Played very well 2 years ago against Sharks in 2nd round)

Back-end:

Suter- Big E: Should be a good pairing to help Big E progress. Suter well is Suter he speaks for himself.

Kronwall- White: Sorta in the same mold as the Lidstrom-White pairing of this season, obviously Kronwall not as good, but should be a solid pairing

Smith-Schultz: Interesting pairing, may be flamed for this one but put the two kids together, and let them have fun. There gonna make great plays, as well as not so great ones but a full season should give them experience for the future. (Smith has played NHL games and was very impressive, and I have no doubt he will have a very solid campaign)

Netminders:

Howard

Harding

Solid goaltending, Howard the number one, but Harding is there to play a solid amount of games and push him.

That would be my ideal lineup what do you guys think??

As I'm growing tired of typing the same things everyday about the same topic (off season acquisitions) I think I'm going to start answering in keywords in order to save time. Cap, Money, 70 million?, Parise, tougher, grittier, Suter, free agent, Red Wings, Holland, core, older, retirement, Cup, soft, Euros, lazy, competitive, franchise, sniper.

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Alexander Semin ($6.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Darren Helm ($1.500m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Justin Schultz ($3.250m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

------

SALARY CAP: $67,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,992,045; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $307,955

This is contingent on dumping Cleary somewhere and assuming the cap rises 4 mil. Probably wouldn't have to pay Schultz anywhere near that much though so that can make up for some of the difference, also a chance you can get Parise/Suter for lesser cap hits.

As I'm growing tired of typing the same things everyday about the same topic (off season acquisitions) I think I'm going to start answering in keywords in order to save time. Cap, Money, 70 million?, Parise, tougher, grittier, Suter, free agent, Red Wings, Holland, core, older, retirement, Cup, soft, Euros, lazy, competitive, franchise, sniper.

No offense, but instead of your idea, you could always not click on the thread and then you wouldn't have to type the same things....or maybe you could create a thread topic that you think folks would want to discuss things in...really, what else do you want to talk about? It's our off season, we lost Lidstrom, going to lose Stuart, so obviously there is a need to acquire someone. Do we need SO many thread with the same topic? No, but if you don't want to deal with it, don't click on it...

No offense, but instead of your idea, you could always not click on the thread and then you wouldn't have to type the same things....or maybe you could create a thread topic that you think folks would want to discuss things in...really, what else do you want to talk about? It's our off season, we lost Lidstrom, going to lose Stuart, so obviously there is a need to acquire someone. Do we need SO many thread with the same topic? No, but if you don't want to deal with it, don't click on it...

You're right. However, after reading the forum rules I realized that the impetus is on the thread creator to not make repeat threads, not on the members (who joined the board looking for discussion) to ignore the repeats. If enforcement was better in the first instance, then there would be less for people like me to gripe about in the second.

Also: C'mon, you can't seriously tell me that you don't get tired of saying the same things in roughly five different threads. I mean, what you want the team to look like next year is in your sig and has been forever for Christ's sake. So there can't really be too much more to say about it can there?

You're right. However, after reading the forum rules I realized that the impetus is on the thread creator to not make repeat threads, not on the members (who joined the board looking for discussion) to ignore the repeats. If enforcement was better in the first instance, then there would be less for people like me to gripe about in the second.

Also: C'mon, you can't seriously tell me that you don't get tired of saying the same things in roughly five different threads. I mean, what you want the team to look like next year is in your sig and has been forever for Christ's sake. So there can't really be too much more to say about it can there?

:lol: I didn't say I didn't agree with you, I was just trying to be diplomatic...

Guest Hatethedrake!

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.500m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($5.250m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen($3.955m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Danny Cleary ($2.800m)

Brandon Prust ($1.500m) / Darren Helm ($1.500m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.250m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($7.500m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Josh Harding ($1.250m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS(follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiledwithout the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP:$70,000,000; CAPPAYROLL: $69,883,712; BONUSES:$37,500

CAP SPACE (23-manroster): $116,288

Reports indicate that the cap will increase to anywwhere between 68 and 72 million dollars so that is why he used the 70 million dollar mark.

Gotcha....and my comment was due to the CBA expiring causing that number to likely not happen.

Bob McKenzie also noted that GMs will most likely be able to work under the guise of a $70.3M and that regardless of how a new CBA shakes out will not be penalized for working with that cap. To me, that indicates that if the players % of Revenue drops from the current 57% that all current player contracts would probably take a roll back. So even if the final cap number next season doesnt turn out to be $70.3M, you can look at the current state of affairs and market values of players to determine signings and then anticipate a roll back of all future salaries.

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($7.000m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Dennis Wideman ($4.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

Why, on a team that lacks RD, would you place the two natural RDs together and put two natural LDs (Kronwall and Suter) together?

Guest blueadams

sooo sorry

i didn't realize that 10% of our cap space suddenly becoming available was unworthy of an off-season discussion. very sorry for pointing a gun to your heads and making you read it!!

sooo sorry

i didn't realize that 10% of our cap space suddenly becoming available was unworthy of an off-season discussion. very sorry for pointing a gun to your heads and making you read it!!

Don't be so Blue...Looks like you have plenty of people playing this game.