Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

more parise buzz, not a whole lot of content though

https://twitter.com/...556094206251008

@SI_PeterKing

My guess on Parise's 2012-'13 team tote board: 1 Detroit, 2 Toronto, 3 Rangers, 4 Minnesota, 5 Boston.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#42 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:40 AM

more parise buzz, not a whole lot of content though

https://twitter.com/...556094206251008

@SI_PeterKing

No way he goes to Toronto if he ever wants to win anything. He's looking for a long-term home and he's less likely to want to take on a reclamation project because of it. It wastes too much time as he's entering his prime. I'd say he'd have to narrow it down to Detroit and the Rangers if he wants to win for years to come but still be able to say he was "the final piece" for those teams, so to speak. Minnesota is a dark horse just because of his personal connections.

I still don't see how he goes anywhere other than Detroit, though IF he leaves New Jersey as previously planned. A deep cup run can change minds.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#43 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

Malik Report

Money is not the issue. The Red Wings have plenty of salary-cap space and Holmstrom likely would return for less than the $1.5 million he earned in 2011-12. The main issue is whether the Red Wings will have a spot for Holmstrom on their 23-man roster after the dust settles from free agency. They have 18 players signed for a salary-cap hit of $44 million, including Brendan Smith and Gustav Nyquist, who the club intends to keep on the NHL roster but who still have minor-league options.

After they sign restricted free agents Kyle Quincey, Darren Helm and Justin Abdelkader, they will have 13 forwards, six defensemen and two goaltenders. That leaves two open spots, one for a defenseman and one for a goal-scoring winger. If the Red Wings bring back Holmstrom, they would need to trim a forward or send Nyquist back to the Grand Rapids Griffins.

Sounds like Homer will be done under these circumstances. Q, Helm, and Abby will all be signed ahead of Homer and Nyquist will be kept in Detroit instead of GR. So unless a forward gets traded for signing rights, Homer is gone.

This dream scenario (Parise, Suter) looks better every day.

edit: these are Kenny's words btw

Edited by Din758, 12 June 2012 - 12:57 PM.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#44 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

PLEASE NO QUINCEY!!!! Take the draft picks! PLEASE!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#45 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

PLEASE NO QUINCEY!!!! Take the draft picks! PLEASE!

I know he was less than impressive in the 20 or so games he played with Detroit, but assuming they didn't re-sign him then the Wings blueline right now is Kronwall, White, Ericsson, Smith, and Kindl. That's pretty scary.

Obviously he's going to be trying to sign d-men in the offseason, but that's a lot of bodies to replace if you throw in Q. I'd love an upgrade there, but I'm not expecting it.

#46 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

I know he was less than impressive in the 20 or so games he played with Detroit, but assuming they didn't re-sign him then the Wings blueline right now is Kronwall, White, Ericsson, Smith, and Kindl. That's pretty scary.

Obviously he's going to be trying to sign d-men in the offseason, but that's a lot of bodies to replace if you throw in Q. I'd love an upgrade there, but I'm not expecting it.

Ok, let me rephrase that...If Suter signs here, then PLEASE NO QUINCEY...PLEASE! :lol: Take the draft picks!

www.thinkdunes.com

#47 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

Agreed it's not like well be getting nothing for Quincey.

#48 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

If Hudler walks... what do people think of Olli Jokinen as a possible replacement? The guy made $3 mil last season and put up 23 goals and 61 points playing back and forth between lines 1-3...

#49 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.250m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Shane Doan ($4.000m)
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Jordan Staal ($4.000m) / Blake Wheeler ($2.550m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Darren Helm ($1.400m) / Danny Cleary ($2.800m)
Brandon Prust ($0.900m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.000m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($7.250m)
Kyle Quincey ($3.250m) / Ian White ($2.875m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Smoke Monster ($0.550m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,262,500; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,037,500

Just bored is all.

Edited by Dabura, 13 June 2012 - 09:00 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#50 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

Personally I like Quincey. I don't understand all the hate on him. Give him a full year here and I think he'll do good.. We should definitely resign him IMO

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.250m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Shane Doan ($4.000m)
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Jordan Staal ($4.000m) / Blake Wheeler ($2.550m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Darren Helm ($1.400m) / Danny Cleary ($2.800m)
Brandon Prust ($0.900m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.000m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($7.250m)
Ian White ($2.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.250m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Smoke Monster ($0.550m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,262,500; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,037,500

This is a ridiculous roster lol 1. No way we manage all those moves in one offseason. 2. NO to Shane doan. Not now, not never..

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#51 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:04 AM

Not trying to be realistic at this point. ;)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#52 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

Lmao just saw smoke monster as the back up goalie.. idk if Locke will let him leave the island to come to Detroit tho :/ haha

Datsyukian

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#53 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

BTW cougartown, Hockey's Future ranks Detroit's prospects at #15 and Minnesota's at #17...

http://www.hockeysfu...gs-2011-2012/3/

So I guess the Griffins are going to beat the Aero's afterall....do us a favor, stop trying to convince us that you are knowledgeable, just come here and post like a fan, don't pretend you are an NHL insider, it'll suit you better...If you think that the prospects pool is going to be a deciding factor in him signing a long term contract, you may as well start buying you #9 Parise Panthers Jersey because REAL experts say that they have the #1 prospect pool in the NHL and oh they have even more cap space than Detroit, maybe Parise/Suter will go there...prospect pool...jack wagon.

LOL. The Rampage did win their first playoff series this year; their first year back affiliated with the Panthers. Then proceeded to get romped by the Barons in the 2nd round. That kid Matsumoto is pretty impressive and they do have Markstrom backstopping them. I think they need to shore up their blue line before they have any real success.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#54 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

Ken Holland:

"Brendan Smith will make our team, we are going to give Nyquist a chance to make our team"

Taken from this interview on NHL Live:

http://www.kuklaskor..._medium=twitter

So Smith will be on the team which makes me very happy and it looks like it's Nyquist' spot to lose. I think Tatar is going to get a good long look as well and could steal a spot on the team if he outperforms someone.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#55 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

If Detroit doesn't sign Suter (which I don't think we will) then Detroit won't be much of a competitor at all. Below average defense and almost no goal tending depth with an aging offense. Doesn't sound very appealing to me if I'm Parise. Especially not if I can be making an extra million or so with an up and coming team that gives me a good chance to win for the next 7 years or however long my contract is for.

http://fans.wild.nhl.com/community/topic/23630-chuck-fletchers-off-season-plan/

:blink: So just who is this "WE" you are talking about....You refer to Detroit as "WE" but yet, on this above link, you refer to the Wild as "WE." Dude, you just got found out...don't come in here and pretend to be a Wings fan...Wings fans have more class than you...

Edited by LeftWinger, 15 June 2012 - 10:19 AM.

www.thinkdunes.com

#56 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

http://fans.wild.nhl...ff-season-plan/

:blink: So just who is this "WE" you are talking about....You refer to Detroit as "WE" but yet, on this above link, you refer to the Wild as "WE." Dude, you just got found out...don't come in here and pretend to be a Wings fan...Wings fans have more class than you...

This guy is a total fraud. He came to a Wings site to pretend to be a Wings fan. Then he bragged about how great the Minnesota Wild prospects are and how the Red Wings prospects are nowhere as good. His sole purpose was to tell us all that our team has no chance of signing Parise and Suter. I have to call a spade a spade here. It's pathetic. Good on you for finding this guy out to be a fraud. I can't say I am surprised. Why wouldn't he just be honest about it. I don't care that he is a Minnesota Wild fan. But to pretend to be a Wings fan all this time? Pathetic. :lol:
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#57 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

This guy is a total fraud. He came to a Wings site to pretend to be a Wings fan. Then he bragged about how great the Minnesota Wild prospects are and how the Red Wings prospects are nowhere as good. His sole purpose was to tell us all that our team has no chance of signing Parise and Suter. I have to call a spade a spade here. It's pathetic. Good on you for finding this guy out to be a fraud. I can't say I am surprised. Why wouldn't he just be honest about it. I don't care that he is a Minnesota Wild fan. But to pretend to be a Wings fan all this time? Pathetic. :lol:

Maybe he was pretending so he could see what it'd be like to be a fan of a good team for a little bit..

Datsyukian

adjective