• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

I've seen a couple Montreal sources (never heard of them so probably unreliable) today say that the Wings are interested in Markov. This comes just a couple days after the GM meetings where Holland said he had some trade discussions. Sounds like Montreal just wants to dump him because of his injury concerns.

#2 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

the only way the Wings take MARKOV off then HABS hands is if Alexei Emelin is part of the deal.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#3 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:02 AM

Similar to the discussions about Hemsky before he got resigned, Markov is one of those guys i'd take in a second regardless of recent injury concern. When he's healthy he is a high scoring defensive threat, and a good leader. If the price is right, i'd take Markov on this team.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#4 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

Holland isn't stupid, he will not trade for a FINISHED player (Markov). As "Andy Pred 48" said, I would go for Emelin (Yemelin) - who reminds me of Konstantinov / Kasparaitis
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#5 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

I would take a chance on Markov... the guy has extreme upside if he can stay healthy, and that's the biggest draw with him (IF). Still, maybe the different style of hockey in Detroit could help him not be so injured all the time, not to mention, he wouldn't have to have the pressure of being "the guy" here.

#6 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

No. It's tempting but there is too much injury history to ignore and too much money on the table wasted when he doesn't play.
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#7 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

No. It's tempting but there is too much injury history to ignore and too much money on the table wasted when he doesn't play.

I know it seems inevitable, but the word you're looking for is not when, but if. Never assume.

#8 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

I am not that high on him. It would depend on how cheap. I would think of him to be a number four dman, and I think we can fill that and should focus on a top paring or two...
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#9 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

I just don't think he is in the Wings top five choices to fix the backline this season.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#10 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

No thanks on Markov. Injury proned forever. Don't even know why people want him if he can't even play half a season if that. Our team already has our injury woes dont need to add another sure fire twig to the burning bush lol.

#11 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

the only way the Wings take MARKOV off then HABS hands is if Alexei Emelin is part of the deal.

+1
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors