• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Conn Smythe Predictions

Rate this topic

They've lost two games throughout the entire playoffs. I seriously doubt they're going to lose 4 of the next 5. But yes, Quick will win it for sure.

The '95 Red Wings only lost 2 games in the first 3 rounds and lost 4 out of 4 to the Devils.

I don't see NJ winning the Cup, but they certainly wouldn't be the first team to lose the first two games of a series on home ice and win the series (2002 Red Wings did it versus the Canucks).

This should be deleted just because there is no point to it.

Quick has has one of the best playoffs of any player, ever.

You know, we talk about plenty of pointless things here on LGW.

Traditionally there’s always a Conn Smyth thread, regardless of how close the race is. Why should this year be any different?

The vote for Conn Smythe has been already taken prior to game 4. Quick is the official winner.

Source: S. Mamlamud, who covers NHL for Sport-Express, the Russian sports paper. He was one of the voters.

The vote for Conn Smythe has been already taken prior to game 4. Quick is the official winner.

Source: S. Mamlamud, who covers NHL for Sport-Express, the Russian sports paper. He was one of the voters.

What if the series went 7 games, and Brodeur shut out the Kings 4 straight games. I think that would make him the winner. (I know that'd never happen) My point is I doubt that it is decided after only playing 3 games. There could be some crazy turn of evens in games after that.

What if the series went 7 games, and Brodeur shut out the Kings 4 straight games. I think that would make him the winner. (I know that'd never happen) My point is I doubt that it is decided after only playing 3 games. There could be some crazy turn of evens in games after that.

The vote was held prior to game 4 because the Conn Smythe is awarded right after the Cup, so the winner has to be determined before the final game. Game 4 could well have been the final game this year. So Quick can go 10.0 GAA from now on and still keep the award. :)

You know, we talk about plenty of pointless things here on LGW.

Traditionally there’s always a Conn Smyth thread, regardless of how close the race is. Why should this year be any different?

Well, because it is a waste. Perhaps we should discuss if we need oxygen to breathe, next.

Do you think we should have a thread about if Lidstrom will make the hall of fame?

Well, because it is a waste. Perhaps we should discuss if we need oxygen to breathe, next.

I don't recall appointing you the individual responsible for determining what is and isn't "worthy" of being a new thread. We won't be suppressing opinions today, regardless if 99% of the membership agrees on a certain individual. All that guarantees is that the topic will slowly get bumped off the first page eventually, unless someone decides to continually debate its merit for no legitimate reason and bumps it.