#41 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Rather have Suter.

esteef

Suter was drafted higher as well, same year.

Agree on the signing as a RFA. But that is a different issue. There are several posts here saying they don't want Weber period. Low class, don't need that type of stuff etc.... Well sorry but that is pure 100% BS. Worst part is, it completely ignores facts. From the mid 80's through 96 the RW's were one of the most skilled teams in all the NHL. lead or near the top in scoring year after year. raked up goals and points. How many Cups did we win? 0. it wasn't untill we learned to play D and learned how to play tough that we started to win. Look at all teh great offensive players we had during that period. oates, Klima, Yzerman, later added Federov, Kozlov, Lirianov, Coffey, Lidstorm etc...... the list goes on and on. It wasn't untill lapointe, McCarty, Shanahan, Kocur, Rouse, ward, Pushor etc...... came along, with their toughness that we started to win. Fight Night at the Joe is what made this team. There is no doubt about that. Every player on the team from 97 says so. heck....I wonder how many of the high and mighty posted threads on this forum bashing Burt when he went after weber the next game? Don't seem to be able to find any......... In fact, I seem to remember everyone in every media forum giving kudos to burt for doing it.

People are not talking about fighting or standing up for your team, they're talking about being af****** ****** bag goon.

Edited by rrasco, 05 June 2012 - 02:54 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#42 heikks86

heikks86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

Agree on the signing as a RFA. But that is a different issue. There are several posts here saying they don't want Weber period. Low class, don't need that type of stuff etc.... Well sorry but that is pure 100% BS. Worst part is, it completely ignores facts. From the mid 80's through 96 the RW's were one of the most skilled teams in all the NHL. lead or near the top in scoring year after year. raked up goals and points. How many Cups did we win? 0. it wasn't untill we learned to play D and learned how to play tough that we started to win. Look at all teh great offensive players we had during that period. oates, Klima, Yzerman, later added Federov, Kozlov, Lirianov, Coffey, Lidstorm etc...... the list goes on and on. It wasn't untill lapointe, McCarty, Shanahan, Kocur, Rouse, ward, Pushor etc...... came along, with their toughness that we started to win. Fight Night at the Joe is what made this team. There is no doubt about that. Every player on the team from 97 says so. heck....I wonder how many of the high and mighty posted threads on this forum bashing Burt when he went after weber the next game? Don't seem to be able to find any......... In fact, I seem to remember everyone in every media forum giving kudos to burt for doing it.

how many of the Wings tough guys in the 90s slammed an opponents head into the glass? theres a difference between a normal hockey fight and slamming a guys head into the glass

#43 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

You mean like when Premeau used to hit guys in the head with his stick while sitting on the bench? Point is, this stuff happens, always will happen, and I don't care. I still want the best players on my team that we can get. Weber is one of the, if not the best Dman in the NHL right now. I would welcome him with open arms! I would also be willing to bet, so would Zetterberg, Holland, and babcock.

#44 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

how many of the Wings tough guys in the 90s slammed an opponents head into the glass? theres a difference between a normal hockey fight and slamming a guys head into the glass

You mean like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdKusPhRHAM

The Red Wings weren't angels back in the day. If they go back to that tough, rough, slightly dirty game, I'll be fine with it. I enjoy new types of Wings teams.

Posted Image

#45 heikks86

heikks86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

You mean like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdKusPhRHAM

The Red Wings weren't angels back in the day. If they go back to that tough, rough, slightly dirty game, I'll be fine with it. I enjoy new types of Wings teams.

Kozlov was one of the Wings tough guys?

#46 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

Simple and needle sharp...he is not worth 4 first round draft picks...nobody is. I wouldn't even give 4 first round picks for Malkin or Ovechkin or Tavares or even Stamkos... If we were talking about one 1st and a 3rd...ya then for sure, but not 4 1st's...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#47 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

Well lets see what Suter does I am sure it will have an impact on Shea Weber one way or the other but lets be honest here if Z will be our new captain there is no way in hell Weber will ever wear the winged wheel which is a shame.

At some point people have to accept the idea of becoming a tougher again, we won't have Nicks hockey IQ and exceptional position play from now on so time for our D to toughen up and add some in your face guys.

Edited by frankgrimes, 05 June 2012 - 07:29 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#48 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

Well lets see what Suter does I am sure it will have an impact on Shea Weber one way or the other but lets be honest here if Z will be our new captain there is no way in hell Weber will ever wear the winged wheel which is a shame.

At some point people have to accept the idea of becoming a tougher again, we won't have Nicks hockey IQ and exceptional position play from now on so time for our D to toughen up and add some in your face guys.

I think Z would love to have him on the team

#49 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Jarome Iginla ($7.000m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($1.750m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Travis Moen ($1.750m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.250m) / Brandon Prust ($1.750m)
Drew Miller ($0.838m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m)
Ian White ($2.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Justin Schultz ($2.000m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Josh Harding ($1.250m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $70,208,712; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $91,288

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#50 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

I completely welcome the Wings toughening up but I don't want my top d-man top be the tough guy. Too valuable on the ice and you know he'll be encouraged not to fight in Detroit. Save that for a 3rd or 4th line toughie. Suter will probably be cheaper, has better hockey sense, is a better puck handler which really helps the defensive zone breakout and the PP and hasn't had concussion problems. I'd go with Suter.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#51 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

Doesn't matter what happened to Z, if Weber wants to be in Detroit and Holland wants him, he will be in Detroit...frankgrimes, do you realize the nasty things Chris Chelios has done to many of Detroit Red Wings in his career BEFORE he became a Detroit Red Wing? And yes, all while Steve Yzerman was the Captain...

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#52 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

I do and believe me I would love having Weber on the Wings I just don't know how Z will react to it. Sure, we all hope in a profesional way but you never know.. Yeah our top D guy shouldn't have to fight but I am sure a guy like Suter can hold his own very well.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#53 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

I am sure the fighting will be handled by Smith and Ericsson (if he decides to play to his potential) and the likes of Suter and/or Schultz (if they sign here) wouldn't have to worry about that...

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#54 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

Kozlov was one of the Wings tough guys?

No. The point is, it is a cheap shot. Not the the holier than thou Wings would ever do this type of thing...... man, some of you need a real dose of reality, and quick!

Doesn't matter what happened to Z, if Weber wants to be in Detroit and Holland wants him, he will be in Detroit...frankgrimes, do you realize the nasty things Chris Chelios has done to many of Detroit Red Wings in his career BEFORE he became a Detroit Red Wing? And yes, all while Steve Yzerman was the Captain...

Clark was another one.....

#55 heikks86

heikks86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

No. The point is, it is a cheap shot. Not the the holier than thou Wings would ever do this type of thing...... man, some of you need a real dose of reality, and quick!

Clark was another one.....

i said none of the Wings tough guys from the 90s never slammed anyones head into the glass, and Kozlov is the farthest thing from a tough guy

#56 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

i said none of the Wings tough guys from the 90s never slammed anyones head into the glass, and Kozlov is the farthest thing from a tough guy

1. Why does it have to be a tough guy?

2. Where were you when McCarty went and suckered Lemieux in 1997?

Posted Image

#57 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

Not the point. The point is s*** happens during a hcokey game. be it by your team or against your team. period. It doesn't matter if it is a goon or a skill guy, it happens. For some to pretend that it doesn't, and act like they are offended by it is just silly and naive. if we could get Weber, we would take him. period. Be a lot better team for doing it as well.

Edited by Richdg, 05 June 2012 - 11:55 PM.

#58 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

I need to find out about this reality thing, you talk about it all the time like we're all missing something really dandy.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#59 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

If I could physically lift a Bank, I'd throw it at Weber for sure.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#60 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

If I could physically lift a Bank, I'd throw it at Weber for sure.

I guess it depends on how you use the word bank. the traditional way: building where finacual transactions take place, or the slng version meaning large wad of money.... LOl

I need to find out about this reality thing, you talk about it all the time like we're all missing something really dandy.

Clearly you are.......LOL