• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

How about we first get Suter and see what happens to Weber next year, if all stars are falling into our place he could or the Pres could walk away from arbitration basically becoming UFA and maybe join his partner Suter in a winged wheel.

Keep in mind this is just dreaming and I highly doubt it will happen. Let him meet up with Z and declare it as a hockey accident they are both adults so I hope it wouldn't be a big problem.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#62 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

The really funny thing is, Burt commited the worst cheap shot in hockey history

No he didn't. Not even top 100.

Now, the aftermath of the cheap shot and ensuing pile up had some of the worst RESULTS in hockey, yes, but the shot itself was far from being the worst cheap shot in hockey history.

#63 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

Now, the aftermath of the cheap shot and ensuing pile up had some of the worst RESULTS in hockey, yes, but the shot itself was far from being the worst cheap shot in hockey history.

game...set...match
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#64 Richdg

Richdg

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

ya, holding a guy by the back of the jersey, following him around, pounching him in the head, then driving him into the ice face first, nothing cheap about that.....

but he is a classic for the wings, who never ever do anything cheap......

#65 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

If you are such a wimp go watch soccer. As Micky points out time and time again, nothing repeat nothing gets a crowd more worked up than a good fight. Hell the great player in RW history Mr. Hockey himself has a term named after him. The Gordie Howe hat trick. Goal, assist, and a.......... FIGHT! if you don't like a good fight, might I suggest going to watch a polo match, or maybe some gymnastics. Perhaps ballet is in your future.

Off topic but I hate that this feat is named after Howe.

In his 1700+ games played during his career he recorded only 2 "Gordie Howe Hat-Tricks".

Stan Mikita had 22, Lindsay had 19, Shanahan had 17 and Iginla is the current active leader with 9.

#66 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

ya, holding a guy by the back of the jersey, following him around, pounching him in the head, then driving him into the ice face first, nothing cheap about that.....

Huh? Did you mean to quote someone else? I clearly said it was a cheap shot. But, it defintely was NOT the "worst cheap shot in hockey history", as you claimed it was.

#67 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

i said none of the Wings tough guys from the 90s never slammed anyones head into the glass, and Kozlov is the farthest thing from a tough guy

Proven wrong so you go with this angle eh, pretty cowardly.. should just admit you were wrong and be done with it honestly.

As for tough guys, Weber only had one fight last year and it was against Bert in the playoffs, he had 2 fights in the 2 seasons prior to that playoff series as well. So he isnt some big scrapper by any means.

I'm surprised the wings would have such classless players like Chelios here

Or how about Fisher cross checking whats his name in the face in the finals?

Or maybe Maltby, or trading for Wendel Clark or that Ulf Samuelsson, you know arguably the dirtiest player of all time? Not to mention Bertuzzi, or Hatcher or Brad May. The wings could not give 2 s***s about class, they care about winning. If Weber gives them a better chance at it than Holland will look into it

What team was it that Avery broke into the league with again?

Edited by newfy, 06 June 2012 - 04:20 PM.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#68 heikks86

heikks86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

Proven wrong so you go with this angle eh, pretty cowardly.. should just admit you were wrong and be done with it honestly.

As for tough guys, Weber only had one fight last year and it was against Bert in the playoffs, he had 2 fights in the 2 seasons prior to that playoff series as well. So he isnt some big scrapper by any means.

I'm surprised the wings would have such classless players like Chelios here

Or how about Fisher cross checking whats his name in the face in the finals?

Or maybe Maltby, or trading for Wendel Clark or that Ulf Samuelsson, you know arguably the dirtiest player of all time? Not to mention Bertuzzi, or Hatcher or Brad May. The wings could not give 2 s***s about class, they care about winning. If Weber gives them a better chance at it than Holland will look into it

What team was it that Avery broke into the league with again?

my original post said none of the Wings tough guys from the 90s slammed a guys head into the glass, so no i wasnt being cowardly it was my original statement

also cross checking a guy a few times is completely different than slamming a guys head into the glass.

Edited by heikks86, 06 June 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#69 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

my original post said none of the Wings tough guys from the 90s slammed a guys head into the glass, so no i wasnt being cowardly it was my original statement

also cross checking a guy a few times is completely different than slamming a guys head into the glass.

So its ok if a soft player like Kozlov does it, just as long as it isnt a guy who can also drop the gloves and defend his own actions?

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#70 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

WAY off topic here, guys. We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.....
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#71 Richdg

Richdg

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

Huh? Did you mean to quote someone else? I clearly said it was a cheap shot. But, it defintely was NOT the "worst cheap shot in hockey history", as you claimed it was.

Granted, when I typed that I missed a word. Should have been "one of the'. So i stand corrected. Cleary McSorley (spelling) was the worst, by far and away. Weird part was/is brashear played agian at the same level and Moore never was able to recover.

#72 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

If Suter comes here then Weber will likely follow. Signing those 2 is the only way we could even compare to replacing Lidstrom.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#73 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,195 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

1. Holland wouldn't dare
2. Poile will match any offer
3. Weber will be an unrestricted soon enough...and he'll re-sign with the Preds

Moving along....

Don't Toews me, bro!

#74 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:10 AM

http://m.espn.go.com...me=nhl&id=17612
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.