• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

Throw the bank at RFA Shea Weber?

Rate this topic

Doesn't matter what happened to Z, if Weber wants to be in Detroit and Holland wants him, he will be in Detroit...frankgrimes, do you realize the nasty things Chris Chelios has done to many of Detroit Red Wings in his career BEFORE he became a Detroit Red Wing? And yes, all while Steve Yzerman was the Captain...

I do and believe me I would love having Weber on the Wings I just don't know how Z will react to it. Sure, we all hope in a profesional way but you never know.. Yeah our top D guy shouldn't have to fight but I am sure a guy like Suter can hold his own very well.

Kozlov was one of the Wings tough guys?

No. The point is, it is a cheap shot. Not the the holier than thou Wings would ever do this type of thing...... man, some of you need a real dose of reality, and quick!

Doesn't matter what happened to Z, if Weber wants to be in Detroit and Holland wants him, he will be in Detroit...frankgrimes, do you realize the nasty things Chris Chelios has done to many of Detroit Red Wings in his career BEFORE he became a Detroit Red Wing? And yes, all while Steve Yzerman was the Captain...

Clark was another one.....

No. The point is, it is a cheap shot. Not the the holier than thou Wings would ever do this type of thing...... man, some of you need a real dose of reality, and quick!

Clark was another one.....

i said none of the Wings tough guys from the 90s never slammed anyones head into the glass, and Kozlov is the farthest thing from a tough guy

i said none of the Wings tough guys from the 90s never slammed anyones head into the glass, and Kozlov is the farthest thing from a tough guy

1. Why does it have to be a tough guy?

2. Where were you when McCarty went and suckered Lemieux in 1997?

Not the point. The point is s*** happens during a hcokey game. be it by your team or against your team. period. It doesn't matter if it is a goon or a skill guy, it happens. For some to pretend that it doesn't, and act like they are offended by it is just silly and naive. if we could get Weber, we would take him. period. Be a lot better team for doing it as well.

Edited by Richdg

I need to find out about this reality thing, you talk about it all the time like we're all missing something really dandy.

If I could physically lift a Bank, I'd throw it at Weber for sure.

I guess it depends on how you use the word bank. the traditional way: building where finacual transactions take place, or the slng version meaning large wad of money.... LOl

I need to find out about this reality thing, you talk about it all the time like we're all missing something really dandy.

Clearly you are.......LOL

How about we first get Suter and see what happens to Weber next year, if all stars are falling into our place he could or the Pres could walk away from arbitration basically becoming UFA and maybe join his partner Suter in a winged wheel.

Keep in mind this is just dreaming and I highly doubt it will happen. Let him meet up with Z and declare it as a hockey accident they are both adults so I hope it wouldn't be a big problem.

The really funny thing is, Burt commited the worst cheap shot in hockey history

No he didn't. Not even top 100.

Now, the aftermath of the cheap shot and ensuing pile up had some of the worst RESULTS in hockey, yes, but the shot itself was far from being the worst cheap shot in hockey history.

Now, the aftermath of the cheap shot and ensuing pile up had some of the worst RESULTS in hockey, yes, but the shot itself was far from being the worst cheap shot in hockey history.

game...set...match

ya, holding a guy by the back of the jersey, following him around, pounching him in the head, then driving him into the ice face first, nothing cheap about that.....

but he is a classic for the wings, who never ever do anything cheap......

If you are such a wimp go watch soccer. As Micky points out time and time again, nothing repeat nothing gets a crowd more worked up than a good fight. Hell the great player in RW history Mr. Hockey himself has a term named after him. The Gordie Howe hat trick. Goal, assist, and a.......... FIGHT! if you don't like a good fight, might I suggest going to watch a polo match, or maybe some gymnastics. Perhaps ballet is in your future.

Off topic but I hate that this feat is named after Howe.

In his 1700+ games played during his career he recorded only 2 "Gordie Howe Hat-Tricks".

Stan Mikita had 22, Lindsay had 19, Shanahan had 17 and Iginla is the current active leader with 9.

ya, holding a guy by the back of the jersey, following him around, pounching him in the head, then driving him into the ice face first, nothing cheap about that.....

Huh? Did you mean to quote someone else? I clearly said it was a cheap shot. But, it defintely was NOT the "worst cheap shot in hockey history", as you claimed it was.

Proven wrong so you go with this angle eh, pretty cowardly.. should just admit you were wrong and be done with it honestly.

As for tough guys, Weber only had one fight last year and it was against Bert in the playoffs, he had 2 fights in the 2 seasons prior to that playoff series as well. So he isnt some big scrapper by any means.

I'm surprised the wings would have such classless players like Chelios here

Or how about Fisher cross checking whats his name in the face in the finals?

Or maybe Maltby, or trading for Wendel Clark or that Ulf Samuelsson, you know arguably the dirtiest player of all time? Not to mention Bertuzzi, or Hatcher or Brad May. The wings could not give 2 s***s about class, they care about winning. If Weber gives them a better chance at it than Holland will look into it

What team was it that Avery broke into the league with again?

Edited by newfy

Proven wrong so you go with this angle eh, pretty cowardly.. should just admit you were wrong and be done with it honestly.

As for tough guys, Weber only had one fight last year and it was against Bert in the playoffs, he had 2 fights in the 2 seasons prior to that playoff series as well. So he isnt some big scrapper by any means.

I'm surprised the wings would have such classless players like Chelios here

Or how about Fisher cross checking whats his name in the face in the finals?

Or maybe Maltby, or trading for Wendel Clark or that Ulf Samuelsson, you know arguably the dirtiest player of all time? Not to mention Bertuzzi, or Hatcher or Brad May. The wings could not give 2 s***s about class, they care about winning. If Weber gives them a better chance at it than Holland will look into it

What team was it that Avery broke into the league with again?

my original post said none of the Wings tough guys from the 90s slammed a guys head into the glass, so no i wasnt being cowardly it was my original statement

also cross checking a guy a few times is completely different than slamming a guys head into the glass.

Edited by heikks86

my original post said none of the Wings tough guys from the 90s slammed a guys head into the glass, so no i wasnt being cowardly it was my original statement

also cross checking a guy a few times is completely different than slamming a guys head into the glass.

So its ok if a soft player like Kozlov does it, just as long as it isnt a guy who can also drop the gloves and defend his own actions?

Huh? Did you mean to quote someone else? I clearly said it was a cheap shot. But, it defintely was NOT the "worst cheap shot in hockey history", as you claimed it was.

Granted, when I typed that I missed a word. Should have been "one of the'. So i stand corrected. Cleary McSorley (spelling) was the worst, by far and away. Weird part was/is brashear played agian at the same level and Moore never was able to recover.