• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MrBest7

What About = T.J. Oshie of STL., Evander Kane of WIN

Rate this topic

Should the Redwings pay $7 million for Zach Parise or go for value?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is the year Brendan Smith has to show something. Holland needs to structure the budget to either sign Brendan Smith to a big contract in 2013, or have room to sign a big unrestricted defenseman like Weber in 2013. If Brendan doesn't show anything special, I'd sign him to a comparable salary to Johnathan Ericsson. Then I would have several million to go after unrestricted free agent Shea Weber. With this strategy, Quincey, Bertuzzi and Kindl are toast in 2013. This strategy also requires the Redwings to hold off on spending about $6 million until 2013 off season. I really like a restricted free agents T.J. Oshie and Evander Kane because they are very young, tough to play against and have outstanding skills...plus you have room for the best defense in the NHL.

Watch their videos below:

T.J. Oshie of St. Louis, (26 Years Old) <p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="yiv2014005057MsoNoSpacing">

<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="yiv2014005057MsoNoSpacing">
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="yiv2014005057MsoNoSpacing"> <p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="yiv2014005057MsoNoSpacing">Evander Kane of Winnipeg (20 Years Old) Kane is a 30 goal scorer on a poor Winnipeg team. He's restricted, but I think he's worth a very high price. <p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="yiv2014005057MsoNoSpacing">

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Evander Kane ($4.200m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / T.J. Oshie ($4.000m)

Justin Abdelkader ($1.200m) / Darren Helm ($1.200m) / Danny Cleary ($2.800m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($6.000m) / Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

Kyle Quincey ($3.250m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

------

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,892,045; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $6,407,955 Under Salary Cap

Edited by MrBest7

Guest Johnz96

Not so sure Weber will sign another 1 year deal.

Kane would be worth the draft choices, he is the type of player the Wings need

You acknowledge they are both RFAs and then pencil them both in the line up. That is not possible as you would be giving up the same compensation for both of them. In any event, I think the other teams would match. I think it would be foolish to offer sheet any one, because it will come full circle and someone will target a player of ours (at some point) and make us overpay to keep them. Perhaps they come right back and offer sheet Brendan Smith the following year...

A cap of 70.3M is very unlikely if/when the CBA is negotiated and who knows how cap hits will be calculated. So, I wouldn't put Suter in at 6M. ... He is going to get paid and I think if it is calculated the same, it is north of 7 for an average...

Edited by Zetterberg_40

Go after Parise and Suter hard, after that you can debate tertiary players. We go no where next year without an overhaul of top line talent. Parise and Suter fit the bill. If we don't get them

Kenny better start making some trades. We did nothing at the deadline and flushed the play-offs away this year to make a play for guys like these in the off-season. I really don't want to hear

about cap considerations, we sat on a ton of money and still are. Spend it on studs or sit out the play-offs as non-factors.

IMO NO to Oshie or Kane. Let's go after Parise and Suter and see who we can bring up from GR. Maybe we can even make a couple trades at the Draft and get a couple good picks and maybe a 1st round pick back.

Agree.

Hudler's rights for a fourth?

What has made the Red Wings great in the past is that we could rollout 4 quality lines every night. In '97 we had Kris Draper (13), Darren McCarty (15) and Kirk Maltby (14) as our fourth line score 42 goals! Then we would come at you with Shanahan (28), Yzerman (24), Lapointe (15). Next the Russian five Kozlov (25), Federov (6) and Larionov (8) would wear you down. Then our third line was Brent Gilchrist (13), Holmstrom (5), Doug Brown (19). By the time the 4th line came out, the opposition was tired. And if they weren't tired, Joey Kocur would come off the bench and knockout a few teeth. Other teams hated to play us because we had so much depth. It was just line after line, night after night.

Also keep in mind, we had the best defense in the NHL with Nicklas Lidstrom, Larry Murphy, Bob Rouse, Viacheslav Fetisov, Jamie Macoun and Anders Eriksson.

The problem I have with signing Zach Parise around $7 million is that our depth gets thinner. Then you sign Ryan Suter for $6.5 million. Now the cap space is down to $12.8M. Resign Helm and Abdelkader each to a 1.2M contract... Down to $10.4M! Resign Kyle Quincey $3.25M... Down to $7.15M

The roster would look as follows...

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Darren Helm ($1.200m) / Danny Cleary ($2.800m)

Justin Abdelkader ($1.200m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) /

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($6.500m) / Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

Kyle Quincey ($3.250m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

------

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,192,045; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $7,107,955

How do you handle the remaining 7 million dollars?

Guest Crymson

What has made the Red Wings great in the past is that we could rollout 4 quality lines every night. In '97 we had Kris Draper (13), Darren McCarty (15) and Kirk Maltby (14) as our fourth line score 42 goals! Then we would come at you with Shanahan (28), Yzerman (24), Lapointe (15). Next the Russian five Kozlov (25), Federov (6) and Larionov (8) would wear you down. Then our third line was Brent Gilchrist (13), Holmstrom (5), Doug Brown (19). By the time the 4th line came out, the opposition was tired. And if they weren't tired, Joey Kocur would come off the bench and knockout a few teeth. Other teams hated to play us because we had so much depth. It was just line after line, night after night.

Those were not the lines that the Wings played with in 1997.

Simply put, Kenny won't go after RFAs regardless. On the off chance he would, I would rather see him try to steal Weber from Nashville but there's no way that's happening either. If the Wings lose out on Suter and/or Parise, I think Kenny will be looking at trades.

I would LOVE it if the Wings went after Kane. He put up those numbers last year playing on Winnepeg's SECOND line. He is a stud in the making and would be a great Red Wing. I will always trade draft picks for proven young NHL ready talent, especially where we draft.

I would LOVE it if the Wings went after Kane. He put up those numbers last year playing on Winnepeg's SECOND line. He is a stud in the making and would be a great Red Wing. I will always trade draft picks for proven young NHL ready talent, especially where we draft.

The problem is the fans don't know the talent of Oshie and E. Kane, because they are so young. The fans always want a current big name like Parise. The problem with that is you pay a 40 percent premium for one player. I'd rather pay draft picks and young talent for players who are about to explode like Kane and Oshie.

The funny thing is...I'd give up Pavel Datsyuk for Evander Kane.

Kane would be 40 percent cheaper and 40 percent younger. Kane at 20 years old scored 30 goals on the second line in Winnipeg! If he was in the draft he'd go first overall! Instead...he's available on the free agent market! Winnipeg is foolish to allow him in the restricted free agent market.

Guest Hatethedrake!

The problem is the fans don't know the talent of Oshie and E. Kane, because they are so young. The fans always want a current big name like Parise. The problem with that is you pay a 40 percent premium for one player. I'd rather pay draft picks and young talent for players who are about to explode like Kane and Oshie.

Kane would be 40 percent cheaper and 40 percent younger. Kane at 20 years old scored 30 goals on the second line in Winnipeg! If he was in the draft he'd go first overall! Instead...he's available on the free agent market! Winnipeg is foolish to allow him in the restricted free agent market.

Datsyuk for Evander Kane? :lol:

theres something wrong with you if you would rather have kane then pav... regardless of age. all players are different and not every player hits a brick wall at 35... guys like st louis, whitney, selanne come to mind to make the argument that age is just a number. not only does pav have proven superstar talent, he also is the best of the best without the puck.

datsyuk > any kane whether its pat or evander

Honestly, they would both look nice here and add to our lineup something we lack...and I don't think that the OP's salary's for the both are too high either. With that being said, I don't think neither of them are worth a 1st and a 3rd round draft pick. Holland would be trading 2 1st's and 2 3rd's for Oshie and Kane... I can think of a couple of better players that I'd give that up for...Rick Nash being someone worth 2 1st's for sure.

The problem with RFAs, assuming one actually worth signing, is that you have to overpay pretty significantly to get them, then also have to pay the compensation picks.

The Jets gave $4.4M to Ladd, 5.2M to Buffy, and they still need to spend $17.5M just to get to the cap floor (assuming the $70M cap stays). Maybe in wet-dream-land they'd let a not-quite-21 y.o. 30-goal scorer walk for that price, but realistically you'd probably have to offer up around $6M before they'd even think about not matching. At that, you're risking paying a guy a lot more than he's worth if he stagnates or backslides, as well as giving up a 1st (possibly even two!), a 2nd, and a 3rd.

Same for any RFA really. You get them to sign at a fair price, the team that owns them will just match it. You're just doing their negotiating for them.